5 Best Products for DIY Diwali Gift Hamper with Tips
Here’s how you can curate a DIY Diwali gift hamper with the best products recommended by Mishry.
The festival of lights is around the corner. And with it come the cleaning and gifting woes. While we can’t really help much with the cleaning, you can leave your gifting worries with us.
Pre-made hampers contain a lot of unnecessary items that keep on getting passed until they expire. Our list of best products for DIY Diwali gift hamper includes some hip, some basic, but all top quality products that are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s faces. And no, it won’t be a game of passing the parcel.
Let the shopping spree commence!
Look no further, here is a list of the best products for a unique DIY Diwali gift hamper.
1. 4700 BC Nutty Tuxedo Chocolate Gourmet Popcorn
Caramel and chocolate-coated with crunchy bits of almonds- a match made in heaven? Indeed! These jumbo-sized popcorns may sound unbearably sweet but worry not. The strategic sprinkle of salt balances the sweetness, making this a yum and addictive snack. The premium looking tin pack makes it an ideal addition to your Diwali hamper.
- This can contains 125 g of jumbo-sized chocolate-flavored popcorn.
- This gourmet popcorn is packed in a premium-looking tin can.
- A 28 g serving provides 133 kcal of energy.
- This is a non-GMO, gluten-free product.
- It must be stored in a dark place, away from direct sunlight.
Why is it recommended?
- The chocolate-coated parts taste supreme!
- We like the crunchy almond bits.
- It can be added to desserts like mousse or ice cream for textures.
- Chocolate, caramel and salt – this is the perfect movie-binge snack.
- The premium packaging makes it an ideal gifting option.
Here’s more on what we liked about 4700 BC Nutty Tuxedo popcorn
2. Nescafe Gold Blend
Q-Who can say no to a good cup of coffee?
A- Tea lovers!
Jokes apart, Nescafe Gold Blend is made using a combination of Robusta and Arabica coffee beans that lend a rich, smooth taste.
Unlike instant coffee powder, these coffee granules are manufactured using a unique freeze-drying technology.
- This coffee is made using 60% Arabica and 40% Robusta coffee beans.
- It comes packed in a glass jar that helps retain freshness.
- The overall packaging looks classy.
- This is a medium roast variant.
- There are larger 100 and 200 g packs available too.
- It has a shelf life of 24 months.
- You can avail of the special festive jar too.
Why is it recommended?
- The granules mix beautifully, leaving no residue or lumps behind.
- This aromatic coffee tastes smooth and rich, as promised by the brand.
- In addition to coffee on-the-rocks, we poured some over a slice of plain vanilla cake. Wow!
- The champagne gold packaging adds elegance, making it a great option for gifting.
Read our Nescafe Gold Blend review for a special editor’s tip.
3. InstaCuppa French Press
This French Press comes with essential accessories. A cleaning brush, mesh filters, and coffee scoop are included. Overall, the design and structure of this coffee maker are user-friendly.
- This French Press has a 600 ml capacity.
- You can prepare up to six cups at once.
- It doubles as a milk frother.
- It is made of 18/8 stainless steel and glass.
- All cleaning accessories come with the main unit.
Why is it Recommended?
- This copper-colored French Press adds a touch of elegance.
- There are measurements markings along the side of the jar.
- The superior four-part filtration ensures smooth coffee.
- The V-shaped spout makes pouring easy.
- It is BPA-free and is equipped with a non-slip handle.
4. Hershey’s Exotic Dark Chocolates
This set comprises three packs of different berry centred dark chocolates. Covered in dark chocolate, there are blueberry & acai, raspberry & goji, and pomegranate variants.
Individual and gift packs of the same are available.
- A 100 g pack holds approximately 30 pieces of chocolate-covered berries.
- Premium quality dark chocolate has been used for the covering.
- The semi-sturdy exterior coats a gummy, chewy interior really well.
- These chocolates have a shelf life of 12 months.
- The packaging adds to the ‘exotic’ feel.
Why is it Recommended?
- These make for a low-calorie, bite-sized dessert.
- The sweetness and tanginess are well balanced.
- Our Top Pick (blueberry & acai) has over 10% of the berry filling.
5. Open Secret Cookies
Healthy snacks that are low in calories and tasty too? These Open Secret cookies are just that.
Available in three flavor variants, these bite-sized cookies are made without refined flour.
- There are two cookies in each box, wrapped neatly.
- The combination of nuts (peanuts, cashews, almonds) with chocolate tastes sublime.
- A single cookie weighs around 12 g.
- It is a diet-friendly snack.
- The packaging is functional yet attractive.
- They have a six months shelf life.
Why is it Recommended?
- These cookies are more like energy bars.
- Chocolate discs are loaded with protein-rich nuts.
- Each cookie provides no more than 60 kcal of energy.
- The oats and rice krispies add a delectable crunch.
- They are travel-friendly.
Tips for Selecting the Products for Diwali Gift Hamper
As confusing as curating a personalized hamper may sound, there are certain items no one can say no to.
Something chocolatey, something nutty, something rich and exotic- but all premium quality!
Here are some tips to guide you through this process.
Prepare a list of gift items you would like to add to the hamper or one for different social circles. For instance, you cannot gift the same hamper to your relatives and your work friends. (It can be similar though)
This will also ensure you stay within your budget.
2. Classic Gifts
Our DIY Diwali gift hamper guide is primarily based on this principle. Classic gifts are something you can rarely go wrong with. Chocolates, nuts, something caffeinated, you’re set!
3. Keep An Eye Out For Sales
Going back to our first tip of pre-planning, there are several companies that introduce new products and put their best sellers on sale. You must watch out for these deals, both online and offline. Online, if you pay via credit or debit cards you can get an even larger discount.
4. Bulk Buying
As we mentioned, gifts should not exactly the same, but they can be similar. For instance, if you plan on gifting dried fruits to friends and families, you can buy them in bulk, and avail of significant discounts.
Alternate bulk buying options include- cookware, copper sets, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on DIY Diwali hamper.
1. What is the best Diwali gift?
Something good quality and personalized- these make the best Diwali gifts.
2. Shall I add sweets to the Diwali gift hamper?
Yes, definitely. What is a hamper without something meetha, afterall? From chocolates to artisanal cookies and even premium barfis. However, you can try healthier alternatives like refined sugar-free sweets.
3. What makes the Diwali gift hamper complete?
A Diwali hamper must comprise a dessert, a savory snack, something colorful, a diya or some string lights for an added festive touch.
4. How to choose products for Diwali hamper?
First things first, decide your budget. Once you have an estimate of how much you’re willing to spend, considering the likes and dislikes of the person you plan to gift the hamper to is of utmost importance.
Choosing festive-appropriate gifts doesn’t have to be a task. That said, it doesn’t end here.
Packing the DIY Diwali hamper such that it looks visually attractive is essential too. Certain add-ons to the packaging can include a hand-written card/note, fancy-looking ribbons, bright-colored papers, some confetti, flameless diyas etc.
Stay tuned for more tips and articles.