Best Mango Duet Ice Cream Brands in India – Mishry
Mother Dairy’s Mango Duet Ice Cream won during our review because it is the tastiest, creamiest mango duet.
Mango duets are like dal-chawal. They provide ultimate comfort. Don’t you think so too? As far as classic ice creams go, mango duets are one of the front runners. Along with choco bars, mango duets are the bestselling stick ice creams that can transport you to your childhood within seconds.
We conducted side by side taste tests on four popular mango duet ice cream brands in India – Kwality Walls, Mother Dairy, Havmor and Cream Bell.
We gauged them for the deliciousness of their mango flavor, creaminess of the vanilla ice cream, overall sweetness and list of ingredients as mentioned on the packaging.
After a series of tastings, we chose Mother Dairy’s Mango Duet Ice Cream as our Top Pick. Let’s find out why!
Table of Contents
Mango Duet – Brands We Reviewed
Mango Bar Ice Cream Brands – Our Review Factors
Mango duets have a mango casing on top of creamy, sweet vanilla. For our mango bar ice cream review, we set the following parameters.
1. Mango Casing
Mangoes are naturally sweet, and their role is very crucial in a mango duet. They are the ‘life’ of the ice cream,, which can make or break the overall experience. In a mango duet, the mango coating is moderately thick, and the texture can be icy or smooth and somewhat creamy.
We checked the mango part for its signature mango flavor, texture, and thickness of the casing.
2. Quality of Ingredients
Why are some ‘ice creams’ labeled as frozen desserts? According to the guidelines specified by FSSAI, ice cream can only be labeled as ice cream if it contains milk solids. If the product primarily uses vegetable fat, it should be labeled as a ‘frozen desert.’
We checked the list of ingredients for two things – mangoes and vanilla ice cream. What is the form of mango used – pulp, concentrate, or is it just artificial flavoring and coloring? What is the primary ingredient used for making the vanilla ice cream – milk solids or vegetable fat? If vegetable fat is used, which type?
This parameter is primarily for the vanilla part of the mango duet. How creamy is the vanilla ice cream? Does it coat our palette like most milk products do, or does it feel icy? The overall mouth-feel of the vanilla ice cream was scrutinized.
How dominant is the vanilla and mango flavor? Are they robust or does the taste feel diluted and weak? What about the sweetness of the ice cream?
Are the mango duets priced competitively? If they are priced higher, does the quality of ingredients reflect that?
6. Overall Experience
When we say overall experience, it includes everything from packaging, handling and delivery, to price and overall ‘bite’ of the ice cream.
Mango Duet Ice Cream Brands in India – Detailed Review
Here is a comparison chart of the price, net weight, calories and shelf life of all the mango duet ice cream brands we reviewed.
|Brand||Mother Dairy||Kwality Walls||Havmor||Cream Bell|
|Price||Rs 20/-||Rs 25/-||Rs 19/-||Rs 20/-|
|Net Weight/Volume||60 ml||65 ml||50 ml||60 ml|
|Calories||128 Kcal (per 100 gms)||76 Kcal (per serve)||148.8 Kcal (per 100 gms)||138 Kcal (per 100 gms)|
|Shelf Life||9 months||12 months||12 months||12 months|
1. Mother Dairy Chillz Mango Ice Cream – Mishry Top Pick
Mother Dairy’s Mango Duet Ice Cream is priced at Rs 20/- for a 60 ml stick.
The mango casing is sunshine yellow in color. Taste-wise, the mango flavor is very natural and resembles a homemade mango puree. It is a little icy but delicious! The vanilla is sweet and creamy.
Coming to the overall ‘bite’ of the ice cream, the mango-vanilla ratio and sweetness is very balanced.
The sweet mango and vanilla flavor do not overpower each other and make for a well-balanced ice cream eating experience.
We liked the flavor and creaminess of this ice cream the best and selected Mother Dairy Chillz Mango Ice Cream our Top Pick.
- Mother Dairy’s Mango Duet is priced at Rs 20/- (60 ml).
- Shelf life – 9 months
- 100 gms of the ice cream provides 128 Kcal of energy.
- Ingredients (Inner layer) – Water, Milk solids, Sugar and stabilizers and emulsifiers. Contains added flavors.
- Ingredients (Outer layer) – Water, Sugar, Mango pulp, Liquid glucose, Citric acid, Stabilisers and emulsifiers. Contains permitted synthetic food colors and added flavors.
- The mango casing is delicious and is very natural tasting. It is not too icy.
- The vanilla ice cream is creamy.
- We liked the balanced sweetness of the mango duet.
- The vanilla part of the Mother Dairy’s Mango Duet is made using milk solids and the outer mango casing contains mango pulp.
Best Suited For
People who occasionally enjoy eating a mango and vanilla ice cream would like the creamy texture and delicious flavor.
2. Kwality Wall’s Mango Zap Ice Cream
Kwality Wall’s Mango Zap Ice Cream is priced at Rs 25/- for 65 ml.
The mango layer is mildly icy and has a very homemade aamras like flavor. It doesn’t feel synthetic or industrial at all.
The vanilla part of the ice cream is very creamy. Both the components have a balanced sweetness and provide a great overall experience.
Kwality Wall’s delicious mango duet was not as impressive when it came to the list of ingredients.
Kwality Wall’s and Mother Dairy were nearly as delicious, but when it came to the ingredient list, Mother Dairy took the lead.
- Kwality Wall’s Mango Zap is priced at Rs 25/- (65 ml).
- Shelf life – 12 months
- It provides 76 Kcal per serve (52 gm).
- Labeled as a medium fat frozen dessert.
- Contains 7.5% edible vegetable oil and vegetable protein product.
- Ingredients – Water, Sugar, Mango pulp, Palm oil, Milk solids, Liquid glucose, Maltodextrin, Vegetable protein (Soy), Acidity regulator, Emulsifier and Stabiliser.
- Contains permitted synthetic food color and added artificial flavors..
- The vanilla portion is creamy.
- The sweetness is balanced.
- Tasty Mango flavor.
- The mango-vanilla ratio is in harmony.
- The ingredient list contains palm oil.
- Product is labelled ‘ medium fat frozen dessert’.
3. Cream Bell Doubles Ice Cream
Cream Bell’s 60 ml mango duet is priced at Rs 20/-.
The mango casing is a light orange in color and feels very icy. The mango pulp is thick but not silky at all. The vanilla ice cream is creamy and the sweetness is a little on the higher side.
Cream Bell’s Mango Doubles did not win due to two factors – extremely icy mango exterior and off-balanced sweetness.
- The Cream Bell Mango Duet is priced at Rs 20/- (60 ml).
- Shelf life – 12 months
- 100 ml of the ice cream provides 138 Kcal of energy.
- Labeled as a vanilla-flavored ice cream coated with mango syrup.
- Ingredients (Inner layer) – Water, Milk solids, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Emulsifying agents and Stabilizing agents.
- Ingredients (Outer layer) – Water, Sugar, Mango pulp, Citric acid, Permitted flavouring agents.
- The vanilla is creamy.
- The sweetness is off-balance.
- The mango casing is very icy.
4. Havmor Mango Dolly Ice Cream
Havmor’s Mango Dolly Ice Cream is priced at Rs 19/- for a 50 ml stick.
The mango layer is icy, almost how popsicles taste like. The mango flavor is not prominent and feels very weak and diluted.
The vanilla is creamy but overly sweet.
The overall bite of Havmor’s ice cream is extremely sweet.
- The Havmor Mango Duet is priced at Rs 19/- (50 ml).
- Shelf life – 12 months
- 100 gm of the ice cream provides 148.8 Kcal of energy.
- Ingredients (Inner layer) – Water, Milk solids, Sugar, Permitted emulsifier and Stabiliser.
- Ingredients (Outer layer) – Mango flavored syrup, Water, Sugar, Liquid glucose, mango pulp, Acidity regulator, Permitted stabilisers.
- Contains permitted synthetic food color and artificial mango flavor.
- The vanilla part is creamy.
- Mango layer is very icy.
- The overall bite of the ice cream is extremely sweet.
Our Top Picks & Recommendations
Why did we choose Mother Dairy’s Mango Duet Ice Cream as our Top Pick?
Mango Duet consists of a moderately thick mango casing and a vanilla interior. Our Top Pick, Mother Dairy, has an inner creamy vanilla along with a natural-tasting mango casing. The sweetness is balanced, and the mango to vanilla ratio is perfect!
Mother Dairy’s Mango Duet Ice Cream provides the best overall experience!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Mango Duet Ice Cream Brands.
1. Which mango duet ice cream brand is best?
As per our review across 4 popular brands, Mother Dairy’s Mango Duet Ice Cream is the creamiest, tastiest mango duet ice cream. The sweet, natural mango flavor and creamy vanilla make for a delicious ice cream eating experience.
2. Is mango duet ice cream vegan?
No. The popularly available brands of mango duet ice creams are not vegan. They all contain milk solids.
3. Is mango duet ice cream healthy?
Ice creams contain sugar, liquid glucose, and many other sugar and fat sources. It is advised to consume ice creams in moderation.
4. Do mango candy ice cream brands use preservatives?
None of the above-mentioned brands of mango duet ice cream use preservatives. Some brands may use preservatives. Please read the label carefully before purchasing.
Conclusion – Mango Duet Ice Cream Brands In India
We tasted all four brands of mango duet ice creams side-by-side and chose Mother Dairy Chillz Mango Duet as our Top Pick.
It has the creamiest vanilla, the most natural tasting mango casing and balanced sweetness. Further, Mother Dairy Chillz Mango Duet trumped other brands because of its ingredient list and better overall experience.
Which classic stick ice cream is your favorite – Mango Duet or Choco Bar? Drop a comment in the section below.
More Reviews Like Best Mango Duet Brand in India
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.