All You Need To Know About The Best Olive Oil For Cooking (Nov 2022)
This article contains all the details about the best olive oil for cooking that one needs to know. The benefits, features, types, prices, online markets are discussed in detail here. This article also has top olive oil brands available in the market.
It is a well-known fact that if you add oil to your food, it will make your food tasty. There are various kinds of oil available in the market out of, that olive oil has a lot of health benefits. Since health is wealth, you need to pick and choose the best olive oil for cooking. This piece will guide you to choose the best olive oil brand for cooking in India.
Olive oil is widely used in Spain, Greece, and Italy. Not only is it known to reduce the chances of a heart attack, but it is also used for other purposes, such as
However, before we start our discussion regarding the best olive oil for cooking, we need to discuss certain other factors to buy India’s best olive oil. So, without making any more delay, let’s get started.
Also read, How To Cook With Olive Oil: Healthy Cooking With Olive Oil
A Look At The Top Picks For The Extra Virgin Olive Oil Brand
1. Best Top Picks Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2. Best Budget Friendly Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Solimo Amazon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3. Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil Having A Premium Quality: Figaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Summary Table: Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil Brands In India
Here’s a table highlighting the Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil Brands In India:
|Best Extra Virgin Olive Oil Brand||Buy Now On Amazon|
|Borges Extra Virgin Oil||Check Price Here|
|2.||Figaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil||Check Price Here|
|3.||Disano Extra Virgin Olive Oil||–|
|4.||Solimo Extra Virgin Olive Oil||Check Price Here|
|5.||Nature Crest Extra Virgin Olive Oil||Check Price Here|
|6.||Colavita Extra Virgin Oil||–|
1. Borges extra virgin oil
This is considered to be the best olive oil brand dominating the Indian market. The olives used in this product are carefully cultivated under the Mediterranean sun. It supports your weight loss activities as it acts as a substitute for ghee and butter.
- It has an original aroma, which makes the cooking delicious.
- The olive oil is filled with nutrients.
- It does not contain any preservatives.
- The shelf life is 24 months.
2. Figaro extra virgin olive oil
You should definitely try Figaro olive oil for Indian cooking. The reasons are-
- The oil is endowed with multiple health benefits.
- This brand uses the finest quality of Spanish olive extracts.
- Does not contain harmful chemicals and preservatives.
- It is loaded with antioxidants and 100% vegetarian product.
- Highly rich in Vitamin E
- It regulates body cholesterol levels to maintain the balance in our cardio-circulatory system.
- The shelf life is a maximum of 18 months.
- It is made of premium quality natural olive extract.
- The product is filled with monounsaturated fat that helps to cure Alzheimer.
- It controls the blood sugar level.
- It is a good source of antioxidants.
- The monounsaturated fatty acids present in the oil reduce the chances of osteoporosis and obesity.
- The shelf life is 24 months.
3. Disano extra virgin olive oil
This olive oil is suitable for Indian cuisine and deep-fried foods. The Disano olive oil company is one of the best extra virgin olive oil in India. The reasons are:
4. Solimo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For maintaining a healthy body and heart, it is incredibly essential to cook food in a healthy way. So, Solimo Extra Virgin Olive Oil is considered to be one of the best olive oil brands in India.
You should definitely consider buying this brand if you are adopting ideal food habits and a healthier lifestyle. This product is not only light cooking oil but can be applied to hair and skin.
Some of the best features of Solimo Extra Virgin Olive Oil are as follows:
- It is free from trans-fat.
- It is prepared by a cold press extraction technique to retain strong flavor and aroma.
- Constitutes Omega 3 and antioxidants, which are healthier as compared with other brands.
- It is used as a salad dressing, for garnishing and flavoring foods.
- It is recommended to store the oil away from direct sunlight as it helps to retain nutritional composition.
- It is used as skin care and hair care remedies.
5. Nature crest extra virgin olive oil
This brand is one of the best olive oil in India for cooking. If you use it regularly, it will keep you fit. Let us find out the reasons:
- This product is manufactured in the cold pressing method.
- The olive oil is specially imported from Spain.
- It is filled with all-natural flavors and aroma, which makes the food tasty.
- You can replace ghee, butter, and other vegetable oils by using this product and serve your family and friends.
- This product can help you manage your weight, reduce blood sugar level, lowers inflammation, and protect against heart diseases.
- It can reduce your bad cholesterol level as it is filled with antioxidants.
- This product is carbohydrate and cholesterol-free.
- It has the highest source of Mufa.
- If used daily, it will reduce the levels of obesity and the risk of osteoporosis.
- Keeps a check on your blood sugar level.
6. Colavita extra virgin oil
This product is imported from Italy, and the olives that are used are harvested from the European finest groves. This olive oil is widely used for baking, roasting, dressing, and marinades. It is your everyday oil and can be used for cooking. Due to its Italian profile, it adds an Italian freshness to your dishes.
With so many health benefits, you should definitely buy extra virgin olive oil. When you are always on the go, it is required to use products that would add some value to your lifestyle in your busy life. Extra virgin olive oil is a product you should definitely consider purchasing for your family.
Why Choose The Best Olive Oil For Cooking?
Even if you are looking for olive oil products in the market, you need to know some of its health benefits. They are-
- Olive oil contains large amounts of antioxidants, which will help to protect your blood cholesterol from oxidation.
- It is protective against heart disease.
- Consuming olive oil will not lead to weight gain and obesity. Isn’t that great?
- Olive oil has anti-cancer properties.
- It may reduce type 2 diabetes risk.
So, if the food is fried and cooked using the best olive oil brands in India, you might not have to worry about it.
Looking For The Best Olive Oil For Cooking?
After reading the health benefits of olive oil, you might be wondering which olive oil is best for your family. You don’t have to worry; we got it all covered.
What Are The Top Brands For The Best Olive Oil For Cooking?
While standing in front of the olive oil encounter at any departmental store, you might get confused and wonder which olive oil brand is best. Let’s look at the top 10 olive oil brands in India:
- Borges extra virgin olive oil
- Disano pure olive oil
- Solimo extra virgin olive oil
- Borges extra virgin olive oil
- Figaro extra virgin olive oil
- Leonardo pomace extra virgin olive oil
- Del Monte pomace olive oil
- Bertolli extra light olive oil
- Disano extra virgin olive oil
- Oleev active edible olive oil
These are the top 10 olive oil companies in India. As a customer and a health-conscious individual, you should always opt for the best quality olive oil. These are easily available in markets and departmental stores.
There are people who are not sure about choosing olive oil over refined oil. They are often confused about olive oil vs refined olive oil. Let us talk about this.
Refined Olive oil
This is another type of olive oil available in the Indian market. This olive oil is solely used for cooking and lacks nutrients. Let us find out why it is only used for cooking –
- It is cheaper than virgin olive oil and commonly found in most Indian departmental stores.
- This oil is extracted from black and ripe olive fruits.
- It lacks the least amount of virgin olive oil that is famous for preventing colon cancer.
- The lite type of refined oil is considered to be better than the regular one. However, the quality is low and used for cooking.
- The product consists of the same amount of fats and calories.
- It does not have sufficient vitamins, nutrients, taste, and flavor as it lacks antioxidants and important anti-inflammatory products.
This refined olive oil does not include all the good properties, but many people in India use it as it is inexpensive. If you are tight on a budget and still want to try olive oil, you can purchase refined olive oil.
Also read, Olive Oil Benefits: Lesser Known Benefits Of Olive Oil
What is the difference between extra virgin olive oil and refined olive oil?
Which one is the best olive oil for cooking?
1. Extra virgin olive oil (Unrefined Olive Oil)
There is a range of extra virgin olive oil brands in India, but why will you select?
- It is the highest grade and has pure quality olive oil.
- The product is prepared without using any chemicals and heat. So, it has a natural standard and good taste.
- Since it is refined, it has a low smoke point that means it burns at a low temperature. So, you should pay extra attention while cooking as you do not want to burn the oil.
2. Olive Oil (Refined Olive Oil)
- It is also called Pure olive oil, Light olive oil, and its color is light yellow.
- It is a mixture of cold-pressed olive oil.
- It is used with chemicals or heat to refine.
- Unlike extra virgin oil, it can withstand higher temperatures.
What Are The Other Types Of Best Olive Oil For Cooking?
Pomace olive oil is also used for cooking in India. Let us find out the reasons behind this.
Some of the features are:
- Is ideal for your everyday cooking.
- Can be used for deep frying.
- This oil is considered to be right for all age groups and protects the body from infection.
- Acts as a remedy to prevent diseases like high blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.
- Promotes heart health as well.
- The oil has a neutral taste and is perfect for all types of Indian dishes.
Some of the brands of Pomace olive oil available in the market are-
- Del Monte Pomace oil
- Figaro olive Pomace oil
- Leonardo Pomace Olive Oil
- Farrell Olive Pomace Oil
What Is The Best Olive Oil Brand In India For Skin?
Who does not want to have smooth and soft skin? You definitely do. Olive oil is being used for better skin. As it is loaded with antioxidants, it makes a great choice for your skin and hair as well. Let us look at some olive oil brands available in the Indian market-
- Khadi (Rs. 135)
- Jovees (Rs. 157)
- Aroma Magic (Rs. 167)
- Soulflower (Rs. 260).
- Innisfree (Rs. 2449)
Based on your budget, you can purchase the best suitable olive oil for your skin.
Price Of Olive Oil In India
At present, the usage of olive oil denotes 0.14% of the edible oils sold in India. Due to the immense benefits of olive oil, it is mainly purchased in the urban areas of India. Below is the best price of olive oil in India:
- Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 500ml: INR 750.00
- Figaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 500ml: INR 575.00
- DiSano Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 500ml: INR 675.00
- Del Monte Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 500ml: INR 850.00
- Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 500ml: INR 699.00
- Del Monte Pomace Olive Oil, 1L: INR 850.00
The above mentioned is the best price of olive oil in India. However, the Delmonte brand has the highest price, and Figaro Brand has the lowest price among the mentioned olive oils.
Online And Offline Platforms For Buying Olive Oils In India
You can go for the ’olive oil buy online’ option on various e-commerce platforms like Amazon, Big Basket, Grofers, Reliance Fresh, Spencer, and Nature’s Basket. However, these products are of high demand in India due to immense health benefits, so it is also available in India’s offline renowned grocery stores.
Olive oil should be added to your lifestyle for a better living. In today’s time, we are more attracted to junk and outside food. So, in our homes, we should try to include good and healthy ingredients while cooking.
In this article, we have covered the benefits of olive oil, the different brands available in the market, the features of olive oils, top olive oil brands for skin, online and offline stores, and the price of different olive oil brands. To conclude, you must try to choose the best olive oil brand for cooking, keeping in mind your requirements.