Best Vermicelli Kheer Mix Brands in India – Mishry
We chose Double Horse as the best vermicelli kheer mix brand in India. It was the most flavorful and creamy kheer.
Have it hot, warm or cold. Either way, it tastes delightful. Know what we are talking about? Kheer!
Vermicelli kheer is comparatively quick to make and requires just a handful of ingredients. The combination of nutty vermicelli, sweetened milk and just a hint of cardamom is superlative.
With the change in times, products that provide convenience are always appreciated like RTE meals, gravies, masala blends and even kheer mixes.
We picked up four popular brands of vermicelli kheer mixes that are easily available online. After testing them on various parameters, we chose Double Horse Kheer Mix as one of the best vermicelli kheer mix brands in India. It tasted the best and had the correct consistency.
Vermicelli Kheer Mix Brands- Everything You Need To Know
Here is all that you need to know about vermicelli kheer mix brands.
1. Available Variants
Kheer mixes can be of two types based on the core ingredient used – Rice or Vermicelli.
2. Available Sizes
Vermicelli kheer mixes are available in packs of 100-500 grams.
3. Price Range
On an average a box of 100 gram kheer mix is priced between Rs 30/- to Rs 55/-.
4. Shelf Life
The shelf life of kheer mixes is between 9-12 months.
Vermicelli kheer comes packed two ways –
6. Main Ingredients
The main ingredients used in a vermicelli kheer mix include sugar, vermicelli (which can be made using semolina, wheat or refined wheat flour), nuts and flavoring agents like saffron and cardamom.
7. Nutritional Information
100 grams of the vermicelli kheer mix provides 300-400 Kcal of energy approximately.
Vermicelli Kheer Mix Brands – Our Review Factors
Our review process was a simple one and involved three broad stages –
Stage 1: Dry inspection
Stage 2: Cooking
Stage 3: Taste test
During the dry inspection stage we checked the mixes for their ingredient list, price, and how they looked in their uncooked state.
For stage 2, we cooked all the vermicelli kheer mixes as per the instructions given on the pack. This helped us test how easy or tedious are the steps to follow and the convenience attached to each brand. Once done, we conducted our taste test.
Our review parameters included –
First and foremost – taste. Any packaged product that offers convenience would have no point if it’s not tasty. For our review, we wanted to find the tastiest kheer mix.
Are the sweetness levels balanced? Does the kheer have flavoring agents like cardamom? If yes, how prominent is it? Does it have nuts and how fresh do they taste? Does the vermicelli have a prominent nutty taste?
2. Texture + Consistency
When we say texture, we mean the bite of the vermicelli strands and the crunch the nuts add.
Consistency of the kheer directly impacts the overall experience. Creamy is what we were looking for.
How appetizing does the kheer look?
4. Ease of Cooking
Following the instructions should be an easy job and neither should the list of ingredients required from the consumers end be too long. Otherwise, that kills the whole purpose of buying a ready mix. Doesn’t it?
5. Ingredients Used
What is the vermicelli made of? Wheat or maida? What is the type of sweetener used? If refined sugar is used, is it powdered?
Related Reading – Best gulab jamun instant mix brands we reviewed
Vermicelli Kheer Mix Brands – Detailed Review
1. Double Horse Vermicelli Kheer Mix – Mishry Top Pick
Upon dry inspection we could see castor sugar, cashews, raisins and medium sized vermicelli. There is a slight aroma of cardamom in its dry state. We cooked 37 grams of the mix in 188 ml of milk, as per the calculations given on the pack. Our cooking experience with this kheer mix was very smooth.
The roasted cashews and vermicelli add a good bite to the kheer. The signature nutty taste of roasted sevai is delicious. Along with the cashews, the kheer contains plumped up raisins which amp up the whole experience.
From the delicate cardamom flavor, balanced sweetness and well-cooked vermicelli with a creamy consistency, we liked everything about the Double Horse Vermicelli Kheer Mix.
At 31 Rupees for 100 grams, this is also value for money.
- A 300 gram pack is priced at Rs 95/-.
- Price per 100 grams is Rs 31/- approximately.
- Ingredients – Sugar 60%, Refined wheat flour, Cashew nut, Raisin, Cardamom.
- Allergen – Contains wheat and cashew nut
- Energy per 100 grams – 390 Kcal
- Shelf life – 9 months
- Cooking instructions – Boil 1.5 liter of milk and add vermicelli kheer mix to boiling milk. Cook for 15 minutes or till done. Add 1 tsp ghee or butter for added flavor.
- This is a value for money pick.
- The sweetness levels are balanced.
- We liked the nutty taste of sevai.
- The roasted cashews and plump raisins are delicious.
Best Suited For
Quick dessert fixes don’t just mean ordering in. If you’re looking for a vermicelli kheer mix that provides taste and convenience, this one is a good option.
2. Bambino Vermicelli Instant Kheer Mix
Upon dry inspection we could see small, thick strands of vermicelli, sugar powder and tiny bits of almonds. The powder dissolved with ease but took longer in comparison to our Top Pick. We used 1 cup milk for 45 grams of the kheer mix.
The sevai are thick and have a nice bite to them. The aroma of cardamom is very inviting. The kheer made using Bambino’s mix, although decent to taste, wasn’t fresh. The sweet whole raisins were appreciated, but the stale tasting rancid almonds ruined the entire experience. The dry fruits were lesser in comparison.
- A 180 gram pack is priced at Rs 75/-.
- Price per 100 grams is Rs 41/- approximately.
- Ingredients – Sugar (55%), Vermicelli (26%), Almond 5%, Edible veg oil (transfree), Raisins, Edible starch and Cardamom.
- Contains added nature identical and artificial flavour (almond)
- Allergen – Contains gluten and treenuts
- Energy per 100 grams – 408 Kcal
- Shelf life – 12 months
- Cooking instructions – Boil 1 liter milk, add contents of the pack and cook. Stir slowly but continuous. Cook for 7-8 minutes. Add grated pistachio and additional sugar if desired.
- The sweetness is balanced.
- Sevai strands are not mushy, they have a nice bite to them.
- The raisins taste fresh and are plump.
- The almond bits are rancid tasting and significantly lower the overall experience.
3. Suhana Vermicelli Kheer Mix
During our dry inspection stage we could see long, thin strands of vermicelli with white powdered sugar. There’s a delicate cardamom aroma in its dry state. We could also see dry fruits like raisins and almond slices.
Once we started cooking this, we noticed a lot of saffron strands which add a light yellow color to the kheer. The almond chunks taste delicious and fresh. The sweetness is balanced.
The taste of saffron is dominant, followed by cardamom. Instead of enhancing the flavor of the kheer, it overwhelms the palette and lowers the overall experience.
- A 150 gram pack is priced at Rs 80/-.
- Price per 100 grams is Rs 52/- approximately.
- Ingredients – Sugar, Wheat vermicelli (33%), Almond, Raisins, Green cardamom, Saffron.
- No added MSG.
- No artificial flavour, color and preservatives.
- Allergen – Manufactured and packed in a facility that processes nuts, dairy and wheat.
- Energy per 100 grams – 404 Kcal
- Shelf life – 12 months
- After opening the packet, transfer the contents into an airtight container.
- Cooking instructions – Mix the pack in 1 liter milk and simmer for 15-20 minutes and cook on low heat.
- We liked the balanced sweetness, and fresh tasting dry fruits.
- The dominant flavor of saffron and cardamom are overwhelming.
- The nutty taste of vermicelli is missing.
4. Gits Instant Vermicelli Kheer Dessert Mix
We could see a lot of plump raisins, chopped pista and almond pieces, semi-coarse sugar, and a mix of roasted-unroasted vermicelli.
The reason why Gits did not win was due to the lack of any flavoring. The signature nutty bite we were looking for from the vermicelli strands was also missing.
- A 100 gram pack is priced at Rs 55/-.
- Ingredients – Sugar, Vermicelli 17%, Raisins, Milk solids 2.9%, Starch, Almonds, Pistachios, Cardamom and Saffron.
- No added preservatives
- No added color/flavor.
- Energy per 100 grams – 390 Kcal
- Shelf life – 12 months
- Cooking instructions – We cooked with 1 cup milk and 25 gram vermicelli kheer mix.
- We liked the fresh tasting nuts.
- This lacks flavoring agents like saffron or cardamom.
- The texture of vermicelli is not upto the mark.
Our Top Picks & Recommendations
Why did we pick Double Horse Vermicelli Kheer Mix as our Top Pick?
We were looking for the kheer mix with a pleasant cardamom or saffron flavor along with balanced sweetness and a significant nutty taste and bite of the vermicelli.
We chose Double Horse Vermicelli Kheer Mix as our Top Pick because it performed the best on all the above mentioned parameters. Moreover it has a clean ingredient list, is value for money and provided us with the best overall experience. None of the other brands came close to the taste this brand delivered on.
More Reviews Like The Best Vermicelli Kheer Mix Brands
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on vermicelli kheer mix brands.
1. Does this Kheer mix contain any additional flavor enhancers?
Not all brands have added flavors. Only one of the above mentioned brands contains added artificial flavor like almond.
2. Does this mix contain MSG?
No. None of the brands we reviewed contain any MSG.
3. How many people do a pack of this mix serve?
The answer to this question depends on the quantity of milk added and the pack size. On an average a 100 gram pack will make 4-5 servings.
4. Does this mix contain any preservatives?
No. None of the brands contain any preservatives.
5. How many days can this mix be stored after unpacking?
Once opened, re-seal the pouch pack well. If you cannot re-seal, transfer the vermicelli kheer mix in an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place.
The tastiest and most balanced vermicelli kheer mix is by Double Horse. From the fresh tasting nuts to the delicate cardamom flavor and texture of the vermicelli, we loved it all.
Have you used kheer mixes before? If yes, tell us about your experience in the comment section below.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.