PRAN Potata Spicy Flavoured Biscuits: A Tasty Snack In Town
Build it up or serve it as is, Pran Potata is one of the unmissable party snacks you need to get your hands on!
These Bangladeshi biscuits became an internet sensation almost instantly. From local kiranas to e-commerce retailers, PRAN Potata was out of stock everywhere!
We FINALLY got our hands on them and after multiple finger-licking taste tests, here’s Team Mishry’s PRAN Potata spicy flavored biscuits review. With chai or as chakna, what is the best companion?
Table of Contents
PRAN Potata Spicy Biscuit – Everything You Need To Know
From price, packaging, to ingredients and taste, here’s all you need to know about the PRAN Potata spicy biscuits.
The main ingredients are – Refined wheat flour, Sugar, Palm oil, Potato paste, Seasoning powder (salt, chilli powder, garlic powder, sugar, citric acid, skimmed milk powder), Potato flakes, Tapioca starch, Invert sugar syrup, Whey protein, Salt, Mixed spices, Flavor enhancers and Emulsifiers.
‘Potato biscuits’ do they have a classic biscuit taste or do they taste like potato chips? What about the oil used – Is it pungent or rancid? Does it affect the freshness? Does the seasoning mix leave an undesirable after-taste? Are the biscuits well-seasoned?
These disc-shaped biscuits fall between two categories. They are wafer-like thin but not as light. The density of each disc matches that of well-baked biscuits.
These are spicy flavored potato biscuits. Could we taste the potatoes? How well-proportioned was the spice mix? Was one element too bold or did all spices shine alike?
Stacked in trays, PRAN Potata is essentially a hybrid between biscuits and potato chips. Would a biscuit with potato paste as the base have the signature bite? How pronounced is the crunch?
PRAN Potata spicy flavoured biscuits are priced at Rs 25 for a 100 gram pack.
PRAN Potata Spicy Biscuit – Detailed Review
|PRAN Potata Spicy Biscuit||Product Details|
|Net Quantity||100 g|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
In this section, we discuss what we liked and disliked about the product.
A warm spice aroma enveloped the test kitchen as we opened the pack.
These disc-shaped biscuits are stacked in a slotted plastic tray. In a 100 gram pack, you get around 35 pieces. Thickness and size, these discs were uniform throughout. We came across 2-3 pieces that were broken but this wasn’t an issue. PRAN Potata is sized a bit smaller than a regular cookie, but its thickness is somewhat similar to that of wafers.
There is ample spice seasoning sprinkled on the discs that sticks to the fingertips. We were anticipating a crisp snack and that is exactly what we got! These potato biscuits tasted extremely fresh and had a prominent crunch.
Taste-wise, this is a blend of sweet and savory with a hit of some garlic and spices. Though we couldn’t really taste the potato, the paste used adds a nice texture. All-in-all, the salt and sweet is balanced really well making this a decent addition to a grazing platter.
- PRAN Potata biscuits are made using refined flour, potato paste, salt, sugar, and palm oil.
- It has a shelf life of 12 months.
- These biscuits must be consumed within seven days after opening.
- Around 450 kcal are offered per 100 g.
- It contains wheat gluten and milk.
- The consistency in size and thickness makes it ideal for serving.
- These discs have a prominent bite.
- There’s a nice interplay of sweet and savory flavors.
- We loved the garlic seasoning!
- The spice isn’t too overpowering.
Best Suited For
Mezze platters, cheese platters, if you have guests coming over PRAN Potata can even be served as a flavorful snack.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on PRAN Potata spicy flavored biscuits
1. Are these spicy biscuits healthy?
A healthy diet comprises whole foods, fruits, vegetables, and a good balance of macro and micronutrients. Consumption of packaged/processed foods must be limited.
2. What is the calorie intake of each biscuit?
One piece would have approximately 13-15 kcal.
3. Does this biscuit contain onion or garlic?
It is seasoned with garlic.
4. What is the manufacturing date of this biscuit?
The pack we received was manufactured on the 21st of June, 2021.
5. Can this biscuit be consumed by children under 10 years of age?
We recommend consulting a certified nutritionist.
Are these potato crisps? Are these biscuits? PRAN Potata is a hybrid!
It brings the best of both worlds in a bite. Sweet and savory with hints of spicy and garlicky flavors. We loved how crispy and fresh-tasting these biscuits were.
Not for the classic dunk or dip, but if you like having something flavorful with your tea, these would make an addictive companion.
More Related Reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.