Oils Best Suited For Indian Cooking

Oil is an important aspect of indian cooking. Not only does it keep food from sticking or burning too fast, it also adds a certain level of flavor. These are our top picks for oils best suited for Indian food

Indian cooking requires oil. It not only keeps food from sticking to the pots and pans, but our oils also play a role in the overall flavor of the end product. It is key to use the right oil while cooking.

More often than not, it has been observed that people from a certain region of the country are used to using a particular type of oil and so the recipes are also tailored to taste the best with these oils only. For example, coconut oil is used in almost all South Indian dishes and these dishes do not taste the same without it. Oils also add to the nutrient content of the food.

The recent times have seen people move more and more towards cold-pressed or virgin oils. As people grow more and more health-conscious, the move towards unadulterated and 100% organic oils and food products has become more prominent. The following are our top picks for the oils best suited for Indian cooking.

Coco Guru Cold Press Coconut Oil

Dry copra pieces are pressed to extract oil without any heat. The oil is also double filtered with the help of a filter press. The oil is clear with a slight yellow tinge. It has a pleasant taste with the copra smell. The liquid solidifies at lower temperatures.

This oil is perfect for pan-frying, deep-frying, sauteing, etc. Coconut oil is great for south Indian cooking and dishes. The oil can also be used for body massages, hair oiling or even for raw consumption.

 Oils Best Suited For Indian Cooking

Coco Guru Cold Press Coconut Oil

Perfect for oil massages, consuming raw and for pan-frying, deep-frying and sauteing.

MRP: Rs.350*

*Price at the time of review

Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats. It is a good alternative to ghee or butter. It has many anti-inflammatory properties and may help with heart disease, diabetes and Alzheimer’s. It is a healthy oil and can easily be incorporated in your regular cooking. You can also add it as a dressing for your salads.

The Borges Olive oil is made with high-quality olives cultivated in the Mediterranean region and has the original taste and aroma. The bottle is made of glass and not plastic which is a big plus.

 Oils Best Suited For Indian Cooking

Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Borges olive oil has been made from high-quality olives. 14 grams of this oil contains about 11 grams of monounsaturated fats.

MRP: Rs. 1250*

*Price at the time of review

Sundrop Lite Oil

This is a mix of sunflower and soya bean oil. The sunflower oil makes up 80% of the oil with the soya bean oil taking up the rest of the 20%. The oil is rich in vitamins A, E and D. It is also rich in Omega 6. It has 0% trans fats.

 Oils Best Suited For Indian Cooking

Sundrop Lite Oil

This lite oil consists of a mix of sunflower and soya bean oil. It has omega 6 and 0% trans fats.

MRP: Rs. 120*

*Price at the time of review

Patanjali Fortified Mustard Oil

Mustard oil is a popular medium of cooking across many states in India. Patanjali mustard oil has been fortified with vitamins A and D. It has a very dark color and has a slight mustard flavor. The oil is not too pungent and does not leave a bitter after taste. The flavor is not very over-powering. It does not get soaked up by food products being cooked in it easily.

 Oils Best Suited For Indian Cooking

Patanjali Fortified Mustard Oil

Dark-colored oil with slight mustard flavor. Fortified with vitamins A and D.

MRP: Rs. 125*

*Price at the time of review

While Olive Oil is not prominently used for Indian cooking, many consumers have made the move to olive oil thanks to its many health benefits. To be completely honest, almost every oil is healthy if it is extracted in the right manner and not adulterated. The oils mentioned above are healthy and easily available. We hope this list helps you choose the best oil for your household.

Mishry.com - Reviews That Matter
breakfast-sandwich-makers-infographic-photo

Leave a Reply

Request A Review

Thank you
Our review team is on the job!

Love What We Do?

Tell Us What More To Review!