Tata Q – Quick Quisine Chicken Pasta Review
There is a lot that goes into making of the perfect bowl of pasta – the sauce, the meat, the veggies, seasoning and of course the cooking of the pasta itself. Let’s find out how the ready-to-eat chicken pastas by Tata Q Quick Quisine fared.
A piping hot bowl of pasta with some heavily buttered garlic bread in the comfort of your home is as good as it gets. Two decades ago, most Indians were not acquainted with the different types of pasta. Today, it’s a grocery staple that no urban home can say no to. Pastas are available in a vast variety of shapes and cooked in different sauces according to individual tastes. Some of them are arrabbiata (tomato-based), pesto (basil), bolognese (meat and tomatoes) and Alfredo (white sauce, milk/cheese-based).
With the fast-paced lifestyles that most people follow these days, the ready-to-eat food industry has boomed. Dals, paneer, vegetarian and non-vegetarian curries, biryanis, instant noodles and pasta too are available in ready-to-eat aisles of supermarkets. We reviewed two variants of pasta from Tata Q Quick Quisine – Cheese Chicken Pasta and Saucy Tomato Pasta With Chicken. Let’s have a look at their packaging, pricing and how they fared on the tasting scale.
What You Need To Know About Tata Q Quick Quisine Chicken Pasta
*As per information provided on the pack
- Tata Q uses Halal chicken.
- Contains a sprinkler sachet.
- It contains no preservatives.
- The boxes come with fork and napkin.
- Can be prepared in a microwave or a stovetop.
- The chicken pastas by Tata Q are ready to eat in just 60 seconds.
- The meals by Tata Q need to be consumed within 30 minutes of opening the pack.
- Do not store unopened packs of Tata Q meals in the refrigerator. They can be stored in the pantry with the other stock.
#FirstImpression Of Tata Q Quick Quisine Chicken Pasta
We tasted two variants of Tata Q Quick Quisine Chicken Pasta – Cheesy Chicken Pasta and Saucy Tomato Pasta With Chicken. Their taste, texture, nutritional information and pricing were carefully reviewed and here is our #FirstImpression.
1) Tata Q Quick Quisine Cheesy Chicken Pasta
Mishry Taste Test | Tata Q Quick Quisine Cheesy Chicken Pasta
It provides 108 Kcal of energy per 100 grams of serving.
The Pasta – The pasta shape used in this Tata Q meal is Penne. Sadly, the penne is too soft and doesn’t have a bite.
The Meat – The chicken used to make Tata Q meals are Halal. The sausages are flavorful and pair well with the sauce.
The Sauce – The sauce is too liquidy. The pasta has too much gravy but it tastes good. Flavor-wise this pasta is very cheesy and flavorsome. The squishy texture of the pasta ruins the experience a tad bit.
On a side note, the olives used in the pasta taste good.
Overall, the seasoning is well balanced, the sausages are tasty and the cheesy sauce somewhat makes up for the texture of the pasta.
2) Tata Q Quick Quisine Saucy Tomato Pasta With Chicken
Tata Q Quick Quisine Saucy Tomato Pasta With Chicken
Tata Q Quick Quisine pasta has a tangy tomato sauce with chicken sausages and mushrooms.
MRP – Rs 125/-*
Net weight – 305 grams
*Price at the time of review
Mishry Taste Test | Tata Q Quick Quisine Saucy Tomato Pasta With Chicken
It provides 97.1 Kcal of energy per 100 grams of serving.
The Pasta – The pasta shape used in this Tata Q meal is Fusilli. Like the previous variant, the pasta here is too soft and has no bite.
The Meat – The chicken sausages used in this pasta are soft and well cooked.
The Sauce – It has a mild smoky flavor which adds positively to the overall taste. The tomatoes are fresh and tangy. The chunky tomato sauce won us over.
The mushrooms in the pasta were cooked nicely and matched well with the sauce.
Overall, the Tata Q Quick Quisine tomato sauce pasta does not have a packaged-kind of taste and the tangy tomato sauce was lovely.
Some Notable Things About Tata Q Quick Quisine Chicken Pastas
- In both cases, the pasta was overcooked, to the point of being squishy. So you miss out on the bite.
- The flavor of both the sauces were good.
- The chicken sausages in both don’t seem rubbery, and chewy and are well cooked.
- These meals took more than 60 seconds to heat up. So if you want to have a nice hot pasta, you will definitely need to heat them up for more than a minute.
Do you like homemade pasta? How about some Baked Pasta by Chef Vicky Ratnani? Check out the recipe here.
Chef Vicky Ratnani is here yet again to save you from boring evening snacks at home. With a little bit of Veeba sauces and the genius of chef Ratnani, you can enjoy your favorite snacks right at home. Here’s Chef Vicky Ratnani’s quick and easy baked pasta recipe.
- 250 Grams Penne pasta (or any other pasta)
- 1 Cup Blanched vegetables (carrots, bell peppers, cauliflower)
- 1 Cup Veeba Pasta and Pizza Sauce
- 50 Grams Grated cheese
- Start by boiling the pasta. When the pasta is about 60% done, add the vegetables for blanching in the same water.
- In an oven-proof frying pan, add the cooked pasta, blanched vegetables and the Veeba Pasta and Pizza Sauce.
- Stir well to coat every piece of pasta and vegetable properly.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese all over the top and place the pan in an oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes at a temperature of 180°C.
- Serve hot.
You can choose any type of pasta you like. In fact you could choose whole wheat pasta too, which is a healthier version.
Did you know there are many variants of pasta? Click here to know more.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.