Tops Masala Idli Instant Mix Review
The masala idlis made using Tops Instant Mix were soft and fluffy but were they tasty? Read on.
Instant idli mixes can swing both ways – as soft as homemade idlis or rock hard, perfectly seasoned or unbalanced and bland. Over time we have reviewed many instant mixes and some have exceeded our expectations and aced our taste-o-meter, while some have been disappointing. Let us find out if the Tops Masala Idli Instant Mix is tasty or not. Here is what you need to know before you make the purchase.
Earlier we reviewed Tops Instant Mix Sambar and loved it for delicious flavors and tanginess.
Quick Things To Note About Tops Masala Idli Instant Mix
*As per information on the pack
- Makes 12-14 idlis.
- No added colors.
- No added flavors.
- 100 grams of this uncooked mix provides 98 Kcal of energy.
#FirstImpression Of Tops Masala Idli Instant Mix
Price and packaging – Tops Masala Idli Instant Mix comes in a box packaging. A 200 gram box is priced at Rs 65/-.
Instructions – The instructions given on the back of the box were easy to follow. We made it using the traditional idli steamer.
- Add 400 grams of curd, finely cut coriander leaves (optional) to 200 grams instant mix. Mix it well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter into greased idli molds.
- These idlis can be steamed in a pressure cooker or made in a microwave also.
Texture – Our batch of idlis made using Tops Masala Idli Instant Mix came out soft and fluffy. The idlis plumped up very nicely.
Taste – It’s masala, alright! We had them as is and with some tomato-peanut chutney. There was a strong masala flavor which gave a very unidimensional spicy kick. We wish there were more complementary flavors in the mix like curry leaves or mustard seeds. There were no flavor layers in the entire idli, just masala. The masala could have been more in tune with these flavors.
Overall, it is good, soft idli if you want to have it as a snack, but you will definitely need a delicious chutney as an accompaniment.
Tops Masala Idli Instant Mix
Our idlis made using Tops Masala Idli Instant Mix were soft and fluffy.
MRP – Rs 65/-*
Net weight – 200 grams
*Price at the time of review
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & amp; Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.