We Had Fun In The Kitchen With This Vegetable Spiralizer
This Vegetable Spiralizer is perfect for when you want to make a plate of zoodles at home.
Eyeing that fancy ‘zoodles’ recipe online and thinking if it would come out as nice at home? Well, now it will! Thanks to this spiralizer, a simple, light-weight cooking tool. But, what is a spiralizer good for? This is an inexpensive kitchen tool that can turn fresh vegetables into veggie-noodles or ‘zoodles’ as they are famously known. These pasta/noodle alternatives are often used by people who are avoiding carbs or just want to switch to healthier alternatives. We reviewed this Vegetable Spiralizer to check for how well does it do its job and if it’s sturdy. Here is our quick review and #FirstImpression.
Facts About The Vegetable Spiralizer
*As per information on the pack
- Material of the spiralizer – Plastic
- Blade material – Stainless steel
- Blade Size – 14 cm x 7 cm
- Dishwasher safe
#FirstImpression Of The Vegetable Spiralizer
This vegetable spiralizer is green in color, has a plastic body and a stainless steel blade. It is priced at Rs 599/-. It has an hourglass shape with a top lid that can help press the vegetables. There are two blades – a thin blade and another one that gives you wider slivers of vegetables. The two side handles are helpful if you want to hold the spiralizer down.
How we used it – We tested it using a number of vegetables such as carrots, cucumber, and beetroot. We wanted to check if different shapes and sizes of vegetables were suitable to be used in this spiralizer.
Our review – Our cucumber ‘noodles’ were absolutely spot on and were very consistent. It might take a few attempts to perfect the movement of the spiralizer, but you will get there easily. The beetroot did not work well for us. This can only be efficiently used for vegetables that have a certain elongated shape like bottle gourd, cucumber, zucchini, and carrots.
And that, in fact, is the limitation of a cooking tool like this. It only works well with a select set of ingredients. You cannot ‘spiralize’ every vegetable out there with a tool such as this. But since this is lightweight and small, and handy in size, it is easy to store and does not take up a lot of space in your kitchen.
We noticed that this would work well if the vegetables are fresh. It doesn’t give good results if the vegetables are old and a bit soft and squishy.
A small kitchen tool that can give your meal a fun twist with spiral shaped veggies.
MRP – Rs 599/-*
*Price at the time of review
This would be a great product for people who like different shapes and sizes of veggies in salads, or are looking to make veggie noodles at home. This is a good, sturdy kitchen tool that can be easily used.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.