Whirlpool Vs. Samsung – A Detailed Evaluative Comparison
Whirlpool Vs Samsung – The preferred refrigerator. A detailed comparison between a Samsung and Whirlpool refrigerator.
A refrigerator is a kitchen appliance that has a heat pump and a thermally insulated compartment. It transfers the heat from its inside to its outside. Thus it keeps the inside temperature cool. We can store foods, vegetables, drinks, etc. inside a refrigerator to keep it cool and safe from rotting. It has become an essential kitchen appliance.
We also have different brands offering us many advanced facilities with their refrigerators. All of them are so excellent that often we cannot decide which one to buy. “Which is the best refrigerator in India” has become one of the most discussed topics. There are numerous benefits of a refrigerator, such as:
Benefits Of A Refrigerator
- It keeps our food cool and fresh.
- It keeps the stored items edible for a long time.
- It protects the stored items from rotting and bacteria.
- It reduces wastage.
- It keeps our food hygienic.
- It is available in different colors and designs that enhance our kitchen’s aesthetic beauty and matches our kitchen décor.
Brands Of Refrigerators | Points To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Refrigerator
There are different refrigerators brands in the market, like LG, Samsung, Whirlpool, Bosch, and others. All of them have great features and advantages. Selecting any one of them can be very difficult. There are different aspects that we must keep in mind before we buy a refrigerator. All of them are discussed next.
We cannot go to a store and buy any refrigerator randomly. Proper research and knowledge are required regarding different brands, models and features of the fridge before we purchase one.
1. The size and capacity
Refrigerators are available in different shapes and sizes. We do not end up with a smaller or bigger fridge than we need. So, we must consider the number of family members and the refrigerator’s purpose and buy accordingly.
2. Energy consumption and star rating
We often complain about our electric bills. BEE star ratings on different appliances denote the energy consumption of that appliance. We must go for a refrigerator that has high star rating for a smart purchase.
3. Type of compressor
There are two types of compressors. One is the standard compressor, which runs at a regular stable speed. Even if there is a cooling loss, it will not speed up the cooling process. It automatically switches off the cooling when the refrigerator reaches the optimum cooling. The second one is the inverter compressor. It can change the cooling process. This compressor boosts up the cooling speed when there is a cooling loss. Standard compressors consume more energy compared to inverter compressors.
We must keep our budget in mind while buying any refrigerator. If we have a tight budget, we must opt for the one that fulfills our maximum criteria.
There are different reputed refrigerator brands in the market, with Samsung and Whirlpool being the top two brands dominating the global market. Most of us face the Whirlpool vs. Samsung refrigerator dilemma before buying a refrigerator. Both brands are discussed below.
Whirlpool Vs. Samsung – A Detailed Discussion
A detailed discussion on these two brands refrigerators.
1. Whirlpool Refrigerators
History of Whirlpool fridge
The brand Whirlpool was launched in 1946 when a high demand for home appliances climbed sharply. Since then, it has dominated the market as one of the best refrigerators in India. It receives great customer reviews due to its excellent cooling system and reliability.
Advantages Of A Whirlpool Refrigerator
- They have in-built stabilizers, so we do not need another external stabilizer. When the voltage fluctuates, it automatically turns off and thus saves the refrigerator from any damage.
- Some models of a Whirlpool refrigerator has an IntelliSense inverter compressor. The three intelligent sensors sense, control, and adapt the cooling according to requirements.
- It has a plasma inverter that lasts longer than any other inverter and consumes less energy.
- Retain the temperature during power cuts up to 12 hours.
- Its insulated capillary technology keeps the refrigerator very cool. It surrounds the capillary with cold gas, and thus the refrigerator achieves cool temperature very fast.
- It comes with a chilling gel that stores the cold air and releases it during power cuts so that the food remains fresh and cold.
- Its Microblock technology has an anti-bacterial filter that prevents the growth of harmful bacteria and microbes.
- Freshonizer and Deodorizer keep the air in the refrigerator fresh.
- The zeolite that comes with a Whirlpool fridge absorbs ethylene gas released by different vegetables and fruits.
- Some whirlpool refrigerators have a Matrix UI display. It is a touch screen that we can use to command. We can control nine functions using this screen.
- It also has a deep-freezing technology and retains the cool for a long time.
- Laminar airflow, Fresh Airflow, 3D Airflow, Hybrid cooling, Dual Cycle Dual air, Air Surround Airflow system, and super-advanced features of a Whirlpool refrigerator that maintain its air circulation, moisture content, cooling effect.
2. Samsung Refrigerators
History of Samsung fridge
Samsung was launched as a small export business company in Korea. But, it is now one of the biggest electronic companies. All their models have easy troubleshooting and smart-setting. Its in-built stabilizer has made this brand more popular.
Advantages of a Samsung refrigerator
- They have different attractive colors that suit your kitchen and enhance its beauty.
- Samsung fridges come in various elegant designs and are suitable for all every household.
- It has two independent indoor units, an overall cooling system, and multi-flow.
- It is very energy efficient and regulates the heat effectively. It preserves power failure heat, reduces cabinet heat, lowers the temperature fluctuation.
- The Digital inverter compressor keeps the refrigerator cool and stable.
- It also has automatic ice making, soft freezer design, advanced food preservation technology, and a flexible compartment.
The Best Refrigerator In India
A refrigerator is now one of the essential needs of our life. Without a good refrigerator, our kitchen looks incomplete. Before buying any refrigerator, we must consider several things. Different refrigerator brands are offering us different facilities. We should buy the one that matches most of our requirements. Energy efficiency, cost, load size, heat reduction, freshness, and other things should be considered while buying any refrigerator.
Samsung fridge and Whirlpool fridge have invested an adequate amount of money and expertise in becoming the best refrigerators in India. This Whirlpool Vs. Samsung superiority race is a great advantage for the customers. We get more options and facilities to choose from.
We should always choose a model that serves our maximum needs. A Comparative evaluation for Whirlpool Vs. Samsung is given below after assessing several Samsung fridge and Whirlpool fridge. The comparison between Samsung and Whirlpool refrigerator is made based on their different features.
Interestingly, both brands offer features that satisfy most of our needs. So, ‘is Whirlpool better than Samsung?’ becomes very difficult to answer.
1. Refrigerator capacity
The capacity of a refrigerator matters a lot. If it is too big, it takes a lot of space, and if the fridge is too small, the cooling does not work effectively. So, you need a refrigerator that suits your household perfectly. A 300-litre fridge is more than enough for a small family. Both Samsung and Whirlpool refrigerators have different sizes that come at a reasonable price. You can also go for single or double door fridges.
2. Star rating
Energy-saving has become the need of the day. Refrigerators can consume a considerable amount of energy, which is not eco-friendly, and later we have to pay a significant amount of electric bills. With star ratings, we understand the energy efficiency of a product. The more star it has, the more energy efficient it becomes. Whirlpool fridges are more energy-efficient compared to Samsung. Most of the Whirlpool appliances have 4-star ratings.
Samsung and Whirlpool both spoil you with choices on the kind of compressor you want. You can go for a normal compressor or an inverter compressor. Both of them have inverter compressors that have different speeds. They make the appliance more energy efficient. But, Samsung is more advanced than Whirlpool in terms of the compressor. They have significantly invested in the Digital Inverter compressor.
Most of the Samsung models have now shifted to this compressor from the traditional start and stop the compressor. These digital compressors have five different cycles that adapt the external humidity and user patterns. Samsung digital compressors give you stability, durability, consistent temperature, and noise reduction. So, looking forward to Samsung Refrigerator Vs Whirlpool Refrigerator answer is tricky.
4. Cool Pad
The cool pad is a type of gel plate inside the refrigerator that keeps all the items of your refrigerator cool during a power cut. It is a vital feature of any refrigerator; both the brands use advanced cool pads to retain its cooling effect.
Both the refrigerators have a firm build and classy look. They are durable and enhance the aesthetic beauty of your kitchen. Samsung refrigerators are available in different colors and designs. You can purchase one that matches your kitchen décor. Refrigerators, made of German steel, are mostly suggested by experts because of their durability and look. So, with Whirlpool and Samsung refrigerators, you get quality and style.
Most Samsung fridge models have two shelves and a sliding tray, a big vegetable box, and a convertible box. There are different cabinets and ample space for bottles. A Whirlpool fridge has a quick chill space, a bigger vegetable box, and three shelves. It does not have any convertible box, which makes it more spacious. Different rooms for cans, fruits are also available in a Whirlpool fridge.
7. Advanced features
Both Samsung and Whirlpool refrigerators have some unique added features. Samsung has adjustable shelves and moisture controlling system. Plus, all Samsung models have water and ice dispensers. Whirlpool refrigerators have different added features. One of them is a fingerprint-resistant finish that keeps the refrigerator protected from nasty fingerprints. That also offers us a bigger space and advanced ice markers.
Both brands provide different refrigerators for varying prices. The price depends on the specifications of that particular refrigerator. The prices are very reasonable and worth the product. Different offers and discounts are also available for the customers when they buy online.
9. After-Sale Services
Samsung and Whirlpool both offer excellent customer support. They have maintained their rank in the global market due to their instant customer response policy. The executives are very helpful and active. So, getting in touch with an expert for any repair becomes smooth and hassle-free.
The Whirlpool Vs. Samsung’s dilemma is not easy to resolve. After a thorough analysis of both the brands, we can say, both refrigerators are extremely user friendly and advanced. Both of them have some unique features and advantages. So, it finally comes to your personal preferences, the one you are confident about. Every individual has different requirements and needs. You have to opt for the one that suits you the best.