Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha Review
A ready-to-use haldi doodh mix? Is the Bambino turmeric milk mix fit for everyday consumption?
Haldi doodh or ‘turmeric latte’ as it is fashionably called now is an age-old, granny-trusted immunity-booster that is a staple in most Indian homes. When it is cold, you are suffering from a runny nose, or recovering from surgery – a glass of turmeric milk is always recommended to aid healing.
However, owing to our fast-paced lives, several brands now offer the convenience of haldi-doodh in a packaged form. But does this convenience come with the immense health benefits of natural haldi-doodh?
Bambino recently came up with its packaged haldi doodh mix. This turmeric latte mix also contains ashwagandha and black pepper, as per the label.
In our Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha review, we discuss the taste, consistency, price, and other parameters of this ready-to-use milk mix. Is it fit for daily consumption? Can a packaged golden latte offer the same benefits of haldi-doodh nutrition-wise? Let’s find out.
Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha Mix – Everything You Need To Know
Bambino was established in 1982 and has been well-known as a vermicelli and pasta brand. Lately, they expanded their market base by entering the ready-to-cook aisles.
From breakfast mixes to spices and ready-to-eat snacks, the brand recently launched its Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha mix.
We tried the Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha mix and here’s what we have to say about it.
Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha ingredients- sugar, milk solids, refined vegetable fat, curcumin, edible common salt, ashwagandha extract, vitamin C, vitamin D2, black pepper extract.
Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha mix has well-balanced levels of sweetness. We tried this packaged mix with cold and warm milk.
This mix had a very mild mango flavor to it. Nature and nature-identical mango and milk flavors have been added.
Typically, black pepper can be felt in the throat even if it is used in low quantities. But, we couldn’t get a taste of it. The turmeric flavor was negligible too.
Across all taste sessions, these ingredients did not make their presence felt.
Unlike the taste, the Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha mix had a strong mango aroma coming from it. The turmeric aroma was barely there.
Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha’s price is Rs 20 for the 12 gm sachet.
You can also avail of the 84 gm and 250 gm containers.
5. Refreshing Factor
Since the Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha mix has well-balanced sweetness levels, it lends a refreshing after effect.
Although we could not taste the black pepper or ashwagandha, this ready-to-use mix tasted quite decent with milk (both warm and cold).
6. Nutritional Facts
Following are the nutritional facts for Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha per 100 gm-
385 kcal, which is divided as 74.5 gm of carbohydrates(59 gm of sugar), 8.13 gm of protein, 6 gm of fats.
Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha – Detailed Review
|Ingredients||Sugar, Milk Solids, Refined Vegetable Fat, Curcumin, Edible Common Salt, Ashwagandha Extract, Vitamin C, Vitamin D2, Black Pepper Extract.|
|Quantity||12 gm, 84 gm, 250 gm|
|Shelf Life||Best before nine months from the date of manufacture|
|Calories||385 kcal per 100 gm|
Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha mix is available in a variety of sizes. Ideally, it must be consumed with milk. For our Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha review, we used this packaged mix with both warm and cold milk.
You are recommended to use one sachet (12 gm) with 150 ml of milk. For our Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha review, we used double-toned milk. Although this mix takes almost a minute to blend seamlessly, it had no lumps.
- Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha mix is available in single-serving sachets, weekly packs, as well as a 250 gm box.
- It contains black pepper and ashwagandha extracts.
- This ready-to-use milk mix also uses mango and milk natural and natural identical flavors.
- This product has a shelf life of nine months.
- It is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
- This milk mix has the right amount of sweetness.
- It can be consumed with warm or cold milk, as preferred.
- There were no lumps formed.
- Once mixed with milk, the color resembles that of homemade haldi doodh.
- We could not taste the black pepper or ashwagandha.
- This had a mild mango flavor.
- This packaged mix contains maltodextrin and preservatives which are not fit for daily consumption.
Best Suited For
Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha mix can be consumed if you’re on the go and cannot get your hands on the ingredients you need to prepare a turmeric latte.
Although the pack mentions the benefits of the ingredients used, they (turmeric, black pepper, and ashwagandha) have been added in small quantities, so drinking this regularly is not likely to bring in the same benefits you would get from a homemade glass of haldi-doodh.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha
1. Can we drink Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha?
Yes, but we recommend our readers to consume it mindfully.
2. Does Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha increase weight?
Weight gain happens only if an individual eats in a caloric surplus. The healthiest form of weight loss includes eating healthy and natural foods so that the weight loss is sustainable.
3. Does drinking Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha lighten skin?
The box/pack does not mention any significant benefits to the skin.
If you are looking to get a natural glow on your skin, that can only come from a combination of healthy eating and exercise. Dont forget, your skin is a great indicator of internal health.
4. Can I drink Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha on an empty stomach?
It is recommended to consume haldi doodh before bedtime.
5. What are the benefits of Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha?
The pack mentions certain properties of the Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha like antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, improving brain function, maintains healthy blood pressure and sugar levels. However, the list of ingredients contains maltodextrin and preservatives that are not recommended for those with diabetes and blood pressure issues.
Bambino Haldi Doodh Ashwagandha may be a decent option to go for when you’re out and about and cannot avail the ingredients you need to prepare a turmeric latte.
This sachet makes a better mango-flavored milkshake than a cup of haldi doodh. Additionally, spices like black pepper and ashwagandha were only visible. We couldn’t feel the aroma or taste of these ingredients.
Similarly, this mix contains a large amount of added sugar and vegetable oil.
We definitely do not recommend this to our readers.
More Reviews Related To Bambino Haldi Doodh
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.