Best Air Fryers In India – Reviews And Buying Guide
An air fryer is an appliance that fries food by circulating hot air inside the food basket. It can fry fish, fries, chicken, steak, cutlets & patties, and almost anything that we fry routinely with a high amount of oil. Most air fryers have a built-in timer that avoids the food from getting burnt or dried.
Every day we consume food which has a lot of oil, which affects our health in ways we cannot even imagine. To avoid the usage of oil in our day to day life and to make our bodies healthier, a new technology known as Air Frying was introduced a few years back. With this air fryer buying guide we will help you select the best air fryer for your home. An air fryer is an appliance that fries food by circulating hot air inside the appliance. It maintains the perfect balance between taste and health so that you can enjoy your snack guilt free. It uses a minimal amount of oil, unlike deep frying wherein you submerge the food in hot oil to fry. An air fryer cooks food really quickly, saving a lot of time.
Air Fryers have recently gained popularity in the market as the manufacturers of air fryer claim that frying is much healthier in an air fryer as compared to deep frying. An air fryer circulates air around the food and gives it a crunchy and crispy exterior. An air fryer lowers the fat content of the fried material as it uses very little oil while deep frying uses a lot of oil. Air fryer can be used to fry anything from meat patties to fries. The crispy exterior is achieved due to the convection mechanism. There are many air fryer brands like Philips Air Fryer, American Micronic Air Fryer, Prestige Air Fryer, and Pigeon Air Fryer that you could buy online and offline both. Let’s have a look at some of the best air fryers in India along with air fryer reviews. You may also note that the price of air fryers in India vary.
List of the best air fryers in India
1. Kenstar Aster Oxy Fryer
Kenstar claims to stand for international quality, style, and durability. They promise an international lifestyle to an Indian household by constant technical upgrades and developing value for money products. They have a range of high-quality product categories.
Kenstar Aster Oxy Fryer can be used for frying, grilling, baking, and roasting. It consumes 1500 watts of power and operates on 220-240 volts. It has a food tray which can be removed from the air fryer and the size is such that you can cook larger amounts at a time.
It has a handle at the top which can be used to move the air
fryer machine around, the best part is, this is a hidden handle. When you are
not using this handle, you can simply push it back in its place.
There are 2 LED indicators on this air fryer, one indicates when the power is on and the other one lights up when heating is in progress. It has a timer and a button to control the temperature which can be set before you start preparing something.
There is also a vent that releases the smelly air outside. It has a power cord of length 1.2 m which means that it is long enough for you to place your air fryer at a comfortable location. It doesn’t have to be right next to the socket.
- It can fry, grill, roast, and bake
- It has a capacity of 3 L
- Requires 1500 watts of power
- Hidden handle
- LED indicators
- Food Basket
- Air outlet vent
- Power cord
2. Philips Viva Collection HD9220 Air Fryer
Philips promises to create the future of healthcare. They are ranked 14th on the top 50 best global green brands list. They claim to make products with innovative technology, with 37,000 employees in 100 countries. They believe that meaningful solutions can be achieved in partnership with customers.
Philips air fryer is sure one of the best air fryers in Indian as it uses 1425 watts of power and has rapid air technology which allows you to fry, grill, bake and roast with minimal oil, in minimal time. It is easy to clean and safe to use. Because of the Philips air fryer’s design, it circulates superheated air rapidly and lets you make tasty dishes quickly without adding too much oil. The cooking capacity of Philips air fryer is large and you can cook for a large family at one time. The time and temperature can be adjusted in this air fryer to 30 minutes and 200 degrees respectively. The food basket is detachable and dishwasher safe. Due to the rapid air technology, it doesn’t let the odor affect your home or kitchen. Philips air fryer price ranges from 8000 to 30,000.
- It can fry, grill, roast, and bake
- Capacity of 2.2 L
- Requires 1425 watts of power
- Includes a recipe book
- 30 minutes timer
- Temperature can be adjusted
- Automatic shut off
- Cool touch hand grips
- Non-slip feet
- Cord storage provided
- Cord length of 1 m
- Easy to clean
- Food basket is dishwasher safe
3. Havells Prolife Digi Air Fryer
Havells claims to be a fast-moving electrical goods company with a strong global presence, extensive distribution network, and world-class quality. They offer a wide spectrum of products such as industrial and domestic circuit protection devices, cables and wires, motors, fans, modular switches, home appliances, air conditioners, electric water heaters, power capacitors, luminaries for domestic, commercial and industrial use.
Havells Prolife Digi Air Fryer operates on 1230 watts of power. It has rapid air technology to cook food with very little oil. This is one of the best air fryers as it can fry, bake, roast, toast, grill and reheat the food only with the help of hot air and no oil. It has a capacity of 4 L which means you can cook for a large gathering at a time. You can also cook multiple food items in the same fryer, at the same time, because the basket has a separator where you can put multiple food items simultaneously. It also has a timer that is auto on-off and cooks your food for the exact time you put in. The handle of this amazing air fryer which is available online and offline, is a cool touch handle i.e. even while cooking or after cooking, the handle of the air fryer will stay cool and it won’t burn your hands. It has a compact and handy design that adds elegance, sophistication, and charm to your kitchen.
- Temperature control
- Auto on-off feature
- Heat resistant handle
- 4 L of capacity
- 230 V of input of power
- Air filtration system
- Design of the air fryer is sleek
- Slots at side walls for better air circulation
4. Inalsa Air Fryer 2.9 L Fry Light
Inalsa was founded in 1967 and claims to be the first choice of Indian consumers for small home appliances since then. They offer high-quality products and professional services to customers. They comply with ISO quality systems and ISI test standards and because of strict quality testing norms, they manufacture best in class product designs.
This Inalsa air fryer has a food basket with a capacity of 2.9 L and a cooking pan with a capacity of 4.2 L. This basket can be removed from the air fryer after the power is off. This food basket is non-stick, as a result, no food gets stuck to the basket. It has LED indicators for power. The handle is of cool touch with a release button to remove the basket. It operates on 1400 watts of power and a voltage of 220-240 V. There is also a timer knob that turns off automatically once the timer reaches zero. Inalsa comes in the category of the best air fryers in India because of its unique features.
- Food basket capacity of 2.9 L
- Cooking pan capacity of 4.2 L
- Non-stick food basket
- Adjustable temperature and time control
- LED indicator lights
- Cool touch handle
- Includes a user manual and a warranty card
- Non-slip feet
- Dishwasher safe
5. Glen 3044 Stainless Steel Air Fryer
Glen was founded in 1999 and the major products that they manufacture are chimneys, cooktops, cooking range, built in hobs and small appliances. They claim to have buyers of modern homes as they offer quality services. They say that their operational words are professional excellence and integrity. They promise that their products are an ideal combination of aesthetics and performance. They guarantee long and trouble-free usage.
This air fryer operates on 1350 watts of power. It has a big stainless steel coil due to which it does rapid heating. For the purpose of frying, it has vapor steam. The cooking capacity is 2.8 L. if you compare it to a conventional fryer, there is 80% less fat when fried with an air fryer. It can fry, grill, roast and bake with very less or no oil. It has adjustable knobs for time and temperature control up to 30 minutes and 200 degrees respectively. It comes with a removable disc, slotted plate, and grill plate.
- Requires 1350 watts of power
- Stainless steel coil
- Vapor steam frying
- Capacity is 2.8 L
- Removable disc
- Slotted plate
- Grill plate
- 2 years warranty on the product
6. American Micronic-AMI-AF1-35CLDx-3.5 L Air Fryer
American Micronic claims to make innovative home appliances for your health, safety, and comfort. They manufacture modern kitchen appliances for clean and healthy homes. They also make efficient cleaning appliances for a cleaner home.
This versatile air fryer can grill, roast and bake your favorite foods. It is manufactured from premium quality and better technology. It has an adjustable timer control where you can set the time for up to 30 minutes. The basket is non-stick and it has turbo tunnel fresh air technology. This air fryer is 50% bigger, 38% faster and 27% more efficient, makers claim. This air fryer being more efficient means that it consumes less power and saves energy. It has a capacity of 3.5 L. it requires 1500 watts of power to operate and 220-240 V of operating voltage. It comes with 2 years warranty which is provided by the manufacturer from the date of purchase. It includes an instruction manual and a warranty card. It also has a sturdy basket with a good grip for holding it.
- Premium built quality
- Adjustable timer control
- Adjustable temperature control
- Non-stick basket
- Turbotunnel fresh air technology
- Efficient than the others
- 2 years of product warranty
- Includes an instruction manual and a warranty card
- Sturdy basket and handle
7. Hilton 3.5 L Air Fryer
Hilton claims to be a young, dynamic and professionally managed company in the field of next-generation home and kitchen appliances. They say that they have focused on the development and manufacturing of a range of products that touch lives and improve lifestyles. They manufacture electric tandoor, steam cooker, roti maker, induction cooker, washing machine, popcorn maker, air fryer, etc.
This robust air fryer can fry, grill, roast, and bake. It has rapid air technology which helps you cook with less oil, and gives you healthier and tastier food. It has an innovative design for cooking conveniently. There is a recipe book included with this air fryer. This recipe book has all the recipes for low fat foods. It has a timer control and temperature control and it can be cleaned easily. The handle has cool touch housing, which means that even when you are using it, the handle will stay cool. It has anti-skidding feet which don’t let the air fryer slip or move while cooking. It also has a rotating inner base.
- Rapid air technology
- Oil-less cooking
- Innovative design
- Timer control
- Temperature control
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Cool touch housing on handle
- Anti-skidding feet
- Collapsible top handle
- Includes a recipe book with low-fat recipes
8. Oster Halo CKSTHF2 NXG Air Fryer
The Oster brand promises versatility, durability and
The Halo air fryer can bake, saute, roast and fry a wide variety of food. It has a dual heat source assisted by a fan which means you can instantly start cooking without waiting using only half a spoon of oil for 1 kg of chips. It has a tilting cooking function and the bowl in which the food is placed to be cooked is non stick and it keeps rotating so that the food is evenly cooked from all sides. It has a roasting rack that allows all the excess oil to drain out for a healthy meal. There is a drip tray that collects condensed liquid from the cooking chamber. The safe lid and the bowl can be detached and are dishwasher safe.
- 1.25 kg of food capacity
- 99-minute timer for food which takes longer to cook
- Halogen heating technology
- Top and bottom or grill only heating
- The heating chamber is illuminated
- LCD display
- Timer control
- Temperature control
- Auto shut off
- Tilting cooking function
- Bowl can be sealed to retain temperature
- Drip tray which collects extra oil and fats
- The lid can be detached for easy cleaning
- Roasting rack, drip tray, measuring spoon and inner bowl are dishwasher safe
- Requires 1300 watts of power and 220-240V operating voltage
- Includes a lid, paddle, oil measure spoon, roasting rack, non-stick bowl, detachable bowl handle, and drip tray
9. BMS Lifestyle LF-7615 Oil-Free Healthy Cooking Analogue Control Air Fryer
This versatile air fryer has a timer control and temperature control. If you pull out the basket during cooking, it will automatically turn off. The basket is also non-stick.
It has a capacity of 2.5 L. it has a rack of stainless steel and due to its handy design, it can be carried from one place to another very easily. It also has a handle which helps in carrying it. This also has air circulation technology.
- Oil-free cooking
- Adjustable timer
- Adjustable temperature control
- Non-stick and detachable cooking basket
- Stainless steel rack
- 1-year product warranty
10. SToK Air Fryer
The Stok air fryer has 2.6 L of capacity with adjustable temperature control from 80 to 200 degrees Celsius. It works around the rapid air technology with the help of which it can roast, air fry, bake, steam, saute and grill. Frying tray and frying basket are dishwasher safe. It also includes a recipe book and a free extra grill. It has a unique design at the bottom so that the hot air is evenly distributed.
- 2.6 L of capacity
- Adjustable temperature control
- Adjustable timer control
- Rapid air technology
- The frying tray is dishwasher safe
- The frying basket is dishwasher safe
- Extra grill included free of cost
- Unique design at the bottom
- 1 recipe book included
- 1-year warranty on the product
11. Black+Decker HF110SBD Oil Free Air Fryer
This air fryer has dual convection fans that combine heat with the convection fan system to circulate hot air around the food. It has a 60-minute timer which will automatically turn off once the food is cooked.
It has variable temperature controls so you can set the temperature depending on the type of food being cooked. It has 2 indicator lights, one indicates when the power is turned on and the other turns off when the pre heat temperature is reached. It has a capacity of 2 L in which you can cook large amount of food with little or no oil.
- Dual convection fans
- 60-minute timer
- Variable temperature controls
- 2 indicator lights
- Capacity of 2 L
- Requires little or no oil
Air Fryer Comparison – Best Air Fryers in India (Price and capacity)
|Air Fryer Brands||Air fryer Price||Capacity of Air Fryer||Model number|
|Kenstar||Rs 9891/-||3 Litres||OF-KOA15CJ3|
|Philips||Rs 14,995/-||2.2 Litres||HD9220/20|
|Havells||Rs 12,990/-||4 Litres||Prolife Digi|
|Inalsa||Rs 6995/-||2.9 Litres||Frylight|
|Glen||Rs 8995/-||2.8 Litres||SA-3044|
|American Micronic||Rs 7980/-||3.5 Litres||AMI-AF1-35CLDx|
|Hilton||Rs 14,999/-||3.5 Litres||Hilton Air fryer 3.5 ltrs|
|Oster Halo||Rs 15,295/-||1.25 kg food capacity||CKSTHF2|
|BMS Lifestyle||Rs 11,999/-||2.5 Litres||LF-7615|
|SToK||Rs 5999/-||2.6 Litres||ST-AF01|
|Balck+Decker||Rs 23,955/-||2 Litres||HF110SBD|
How Does An Air Fryer Work?
To understand how an air fryer works, you must know what all is inside an air fryer. An air fryer has different components and factors that work for it to achieve the process of frying with very little oil:
As mentioned earlier, an air fryer cooks food by heated air. But did you know that as soon as you turn on an air fryer, the temperature of the air inside the air fryer goes really high, up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit? This air flows in the air fryer and around the food which cooks the food properly and gives it a crispy exterior.
2. Cooking Chamber
A cooking chamber is the one in which there is a heating element and the food which is to be cooked is placed inside this cooking chamber. It resembles a big bowl which can be detached from the air fryer and can be placed back inside. There are small holes at the bottom of the cooking chamber which allow the hot air to enter from below into the cooking chamber.
3. Heater And Fan
All the top air fryers have a heater and a fan. The heater heats the air to a point when it starts cooking the food, while the fan circulates the same heated air inside the cooking chamber.
4. Exhaust System
An exhaust system reduces the pressure in the air fryer. It also reduces the odor which is generated from the frying of food.
5. Food Separator
A food separator is placed in the cooking chamber. It allows
you to keep different types of food simultaneously.
6. Timer And Adjustable Temperature
Best air fryers come with a timer and a feature of adjusting the temperature, which means that you will know once the food is properly cooked and can be served.
7. Rapid Air Technology
Due to this technology, the food gets fried at double the speed than deep frying. At the same time, the exhaust system generates hot rapid air inside the air fryer and as a result, the food is cooked from all sides.
8. Exhaust System
You are able to make out when the food is cooked because of the fragrance of the cooked food. The exhaust system is like a filter that keeps the extra air after the food is cooked, hence, only fresh air is released outside which you can smell. This is reason why there is no odor while frying using an air fryer.
9. Cooling System
There is a cooling fan placed over the motor of the air fryer which makes sure that even when the air inside the cooking chamber is superheated, the appliance remains cool. This way, overloading is avoided.
How To Use An Air Fryer?
There are certain things which you should keep in mind while using an air fryer and they are as follows:
- While cooking something make sure you open it in between and shake the food item so they don’t get compressed.
- Don’t put a lot of food at a time. Make sure to leave some space so that the air can circulate effectively.
- Apply a single coat of oil or spray some oil on the food so that they don’t stick to the basket.
- Before you start frying something, make sure you put the ingredient dry in the basket, if the food is not dry there might be excess smoke.
How To Clean An Air Fryer?
1. First and foremost, before cleaning your air fryer, you must unplug your unit, so it doesn’t cause you any harm.
2. Make sure that the air fryer has cooled down before cleaning it.
3. Once the air fryer is cooled down, wipe it with a damp cloth to ensure there is no debris stuck on the outer body.
4. Now wash the tray, pan, and the basket with hot water and soap. Most components of air fryers are dishwasher safe, so you can put them in the dishwasher too.
5. Clean the interiors of the air fryer thoroughly. Make sure you don’t leave any food particle on it. Clean it with a sponge and hot water.
6. If you see any food particle stuck on the heating element of the fryer, remove it using a brush.
7. Once you have washed the components of air fryer, make sure they are dry completely before you set them back in the fryer.
8. If the food particles are still stuck on the pan and basket, do not remove them with bare hands or any other utensil. Just soak them in warm soapy water for a few minutes and rub them off with a sponge.
Storing Your Air Fryer
Once you have cleaned your air fryer thoroughly, store it carefully. Place it inside in an upright position. If the air fryer has some storage space, tuck the cord in it so that the wire is kept unhampered.
What Can You Cook In An Air Fryer?
An air fryer can be used to cook many foods like French fries, muffins, vegetables, meat dishes, etc. Here is a list of foods that can be cooked in an air fryer.
1. Vegetables- You can steam, fry and grill vegetables like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, zucchini, etc. within no time. So if you are in mood to eat health veggies without using a drop of oil, then cook them in your air fryer.
2. Meats- You can grill, steam and fry chicken, mutton, and fish as you like to have a hearty yet healthy oil-less protein-rich meal.
3. Frozen Foods- Think of all frozen foods- be it French fries, nuggets, frozen kebabs, tikkas, etc. can all be fried without really frying them. What’s better than enjoying your fried foods without really even using a spoonful of oil.
4. Other Foods- You can bake muffins, custards, lasagna, and even breads. Yes, that’s right. All you need is a non-stick air fryer friendly baking dish to accomplish this level cooking. In fact, you can also roast your favorite nuts like peanuts, almonds, cashew and walnuts easily.
What Are The Benefits Of Using An Air Fryer?
- Air fryers are easy to use i.e. they are easy to understand and can be used by anybody.
- They can be carried around from one place to another easily.
- They are easy to clean which makes them less time consuming as compared to those utensils which are used for deep frying.
- Air Fryer price does not burn a hole in your pocket and you can choose from a wide variety, depending on the size and design that matches your home or kitchen.
- They use very less oil making the food healthier and less oily.
- Ability to shut down after the timer is done and avoids the food from getting burnt or dried.
Tips To Maintain An Air Fryer | Important Points To Remember About An Air Fryer
- If you don’t understand how to use it properly, make sure to read the instruction manual carefully. You don’t want to spoil your cooking experience.
- Always keep the air fryer spick and span. Make sure to clean every part of the air fryer thoroughly after every use. Delayed cleaning could lead to hardened food particles and a lingering food smell in your air fryer.
- Always inspect the cord of the fryer. Do not, in any way put a damaged cord in the socket as it may lead to electric currents or injury.
- Before using, always make sure there is no dust on the fryer or food particle in it. First clean it properly and then start using it.
- Don’t forget to place your air fryer away from the wall or another kitchen appliance, in order to have adequate space to vent steam and hot air while cooking. If you place them in an enclosed area while cooking, chances are, the air fryer might heat up quickly.
- Make sure you see that all the components of the air fryer are in place and not damaged. In case they are, order them from the manufacturer directly. Don’t buy anything from an unauthorized dealer.
FAQ’s – We Answer All Your Air Fryer Queries
- How do you keep food from sticking in an air fryer?
Sometimes when we cook breaded/coated foods in an air fryer, the bottom layer gets stuck in the 'grill' base leading to a messy extraction. We recommend you spray the basket with oil. If not, you can use butter paper/baking paper to sit on the bottom. Please make sure that the paper does NOT cover the entire basket, leave out space for the fan to regulate the heat. Also, make sure that the paper is weighed down by food. If the weight of the food is not weighing it down, it will get stuck in the fan.
- Are air fryers healthy?
Yes. Absolutely. Air frying is one the most healthiest cooking options available these days. It uses lesser/no oil and reduces our calorie count.
- What can you cook in an air fryer?
Most commonly, people use air fryers for cooking frozen foods. Just pop 'em in and out they are looking all golden and crisp. Air fryers are great for cooking home cut fries, chicken, fish, reheating and crisping up pakoras, fries and anything that has become soggy and need to crisp up. We have seen people make Kashmiri style baingan in an air fryer. Seriously!
- Spraying or pouring cooking oil – which is better?
Sometimes while cooking something home style, you might need a spoonful of oil to coat the food. But do note that spraying cooking oil is a much better option than pouring in a spoonful. Spraying cooking oil will evenly distribute the oil and will help prevent extra spillage/over usage of oil.
- How to clean my air fryer?
The outer surface need to be cleaned regularly with a clean cloth. If there are too many stains, use a damp cloth with warm water to ease out the stains. You can clean the basket as per the instruction given on your appliance manual or follow the age old rinsing with warm soapy water method. The oil and grease needs to be cleaned regularly.
- Which are the best air fryer brands in India?
The most commonly available/popular brands of air fryers in India are 1. Philips
In conclusion, buying an air fryer can help you fry any food in the comfort of your kitchen. It can fry fish, fries, chicken, steak, cutlets & patties, and almost anything that we fry routinely with a high amount of oil. Hence, buying an air fryer is worth giving a shot if your priority is your health and hopefully this guide will help you to select the best air fryer.
Nowadays, a modern kitchen generally contains air fryers, induction cooktops, kitchen chimneys, dishwashers, rice cookers, coffee makers and food processors that not only make your job in the kitchen easier, but also save a lot of time and effort.