Best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) In India – How To Choose The Perfect Appliance For Your Kitchen? (Dec 2022)
A list of the seventeen best OTGs (Oven Toaster Grill) in India. Let us have a look at the features you should look for before buying an OTG. These OTG ovens can be bought online as well as offline. This buying guide will help you in selecting the best OTG oven for your home.
With the developments in technology, our lives have become more luxurious and comfortable. Starting with the air conditioners to the refrigerators, we have several different appliances with which a lot of things can be done easily. One such appliance is the OTG or the oven toaster grill appliance, specifically designed for the kitchens. Having the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India is like having an apple from a golden tree in your kitchen. And for this reason, people always look forward to buying the best machine even if it costs them a fortune.
However, even though the best OTG oven concept is very much popular in Indian kitchens, a great section of the population is still unaware of this appliance. As a result, they ignore their needs and continue their hard kitchen life without the oven. For them and others, we will discuss the basic facts about the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India like the working, the types of OTG, the features, and such relevant ideas. Along with this, we will introduce to you the best ten OTGs you can find in the Indian market.
So, without wasting another second, let’s get started with the much impending discussion!
Best OTG In India – Quick Glance
OTG is the easiest and most useful kitchen appliance. It helps with multiple functions such as baking, grilling and whatnot. Here is a list of the best OTG available in India.
Buy Now On Amazon
Best OTG In India – Quick Glance
OTGs have become quite a famous kitchen appliance recently. If you plan to get one for your kitchen, we have a list of the top OTGs in India that you must check out.
1. Bajaj 2200 TMSS OTG
It has a volume of 22 L which is perfect for houses where meals are cooked for four to five people. Along with the OTG, you will get many other accessories. The list includes tongs for the cooking tray, two rotisserie skewer rods, rotisserie tongs, a crumb tray, a baking tray, four normal grilling skewer rods, a wire rack tray, and the cooking tray. On the left side panel, there is a function ‘select switch.’ Using this, you can switch between various heating modes, thereby cooking the foods efficiently.
- Includes a warm mode to heat up food.
- Stainless steel material
- Good for a family of four
2. Morphy Richards RCSS OTG
The entire body of the OTG is made from stainless steel, which will protect the appliance from external damage. The door’s glass is blackened, effectively tracking the heat inside without letting it pass through the transparent glass. The OTG comes with a Stay-On function mode which will keep the food warm for more than one hour after cooking. The baking tray which comes with this OTG is non-sticking in nature.
- Includes a special rotisserie motor
- Inner walls are made from galvanized irons
3. Bajaj 1603T OTG
With a 16 L internal capacity, this OTG is the perfect fit for your kitchen. The OTG comes with a timer having an automatic shut-off technology. Along with the OTG, you will get several other accessories, including the wire rack for grilling, baking tray, skewer rods, crumb tray, tongs for holding the hot trays, and so on.
- Includes various cooking settings
- Comes with auto shut off technology
- Matte black finish
4. Philips HD6975 OTG
The internal capacity of the OTG is about 25 L, which will always allow you to cook for more than five to six people in bulk. With the OTG, you will get various accessories, starting with the baking tray to the skewer rods. You will have a cooking tray, wire rack tray for grilling and barbeque, tongs for holding the hot trays, and so on. The time has an automatic cut-off technology, which will shut down right after ninety minutes on the timer.
- Includes a preheat touch mode
- Comes with a digital display panel
- Soft touch knobs
5. Agaro Marvel OTG
This OTG from Agaro comes with 3 heating modes – top heating, bottom heating and top & bottom heading. This kitchen appliance is perfect to fulfill your roasting, baking, grilling, and toasting needs. With this microwave, you can adjust the temperature from 100 degrees to 250 degrees Celsius. The OTG also has different features such as an automatic thermostat, auto shut off and a ready bell for a better cooking experience. The OTG’s body includes a heat resistant tempered glass window which also features an illuminated chamber.
- Convection technology
- Includes 3 heating modes
- Has a tempered glass decor
6. Wonderchef OTG
Make delicious cakes, pizzas and soft bread at home using this OTG! This oven from Wonderchef comes with high efficiency stainless steel heating elements. It is useful in toasting, baking, browning and reheating your food to perfection. The oven has an auto shut off timer function to ensure that the food is not overcooked or undercooked. Along with that, it makes cooking easy and clean as it includes a removable crumb tray too. The body of OTG comes with full compact metal black housing and a heat-resistant tempered glass window.
- Includes baking and grilling tray
- Suitable for small families
- Comes with stainless steel heating elements
How Does The OTG Function? |Parts Of An OTG
First, you need to learn about the basic working of the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India. By learning about the function of OTG, you will be able to understand the features clearly without fail. That’s why here we will give you a glimpse of the working of the various parts of the OTG appliance.
1. OTG filaments
In the older version of the OTG ovens, you will find two filaments, one at the bottom while another is present on the top. Thanks to the mixed action of these two filaments, the food inside is heated and baked accordingly. In the newer models, the heating source has been developed, and now, you will find a fan and the filaments for the circulation of the hot air within the closed chamber.
There are three trays present in an OTG oven. The first is the baking tray, where you can do any baking or roasting. The second is the wire rack tray, which will be used for toasting or grilling. And the third tray is the drip tray, which is placed at the bottom floor of the oven for collecting all the food drips.
3. Function selector
Unlike the traditional microwave oven, the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India can perform various functions. You will be able to select those functions with the selector knob’s help on the left panel. Generally, you will have options for baking, roasting, grilling, heating, rotisserie, and so on.
4. Temperature knob
This knob can be used for altering the temperature for the cooking function you have chosen. Some OTG toaster ovens have a centigrade scale, while some come with the Fahrenheit scale. So, choose the temperature wisely, matching with the dish you are preparing.
5. Timer knob
The last button you will have in the OTG machine is the knob for setting the timer for cooking. Since hotspots can easily develop inside the oven, you have to make sure that the time you have set is perfect for the dish. This way, the food won’t be overcooked or, worse, burnt after staying for too long inside the oven.
What Are The Features Of A Basic OTG?
For understanding the basic features of the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India, there are certain technicalities that you should know before you purchase the appliance.
1. Capacity – This is the inner volume of the OTG appliance, which comprises the total space where the hot air circulates once the door is closed.
2. Power consumption – This is the total amount of power withdrawn by the appliance in one hour of being switched on.
3. Toasting – Rather than using the conventional toaster, you can now roast the slices of bread and the buns in with the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India that you have in your kitchen.
4. Grilling – Using the wine rack tray, you can now grill various food items, starting from chicken thighs to zucchini slices, whole potatoes, and so on. All you have to make sure is that the drip tray is placed at the bottom since, during grilling, the oil and the spices can melt and fall on the floor of the OTG.
5. Rotisserie – This is the culinary technical term used to describe the OTG uses for roasting. Be it the chicken or the fish; you have to marinate the ingredient and then put inside the appliance at the correct temperature with proper timer settings.
How Is The OTG Different From The Conventional Microwave Oven?
Now, before moving onto describing the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India, we think it would be of great help if you knew the differences between the appliance and the microwave oven. Usually, people get confused between these two appliances and thereby make many mistakes at the time of buying. So, here are the basic difference between OTG and microwave oven:
Functions – An OTG is mainly meant for baking, roasting, heating, toasting, and grilling. On the other hand, you can use the microwave for all these five basic functions along with defrosting, cooking, and reheating.
Volume – Considering the inner capacity of the appliances, the oven toaster grill has more capacity as compared to the microwave oven. Moreover, the latter’s heating plate is much smaller than the OTG, and hence you can’t cook bulk with the microwave oven.
Temperature range – Even though the entire temperature range is the same for both the microwave and the OTG, the main thing that varies is the preheat time. The microwave oven takes only five to seven minutes for the preheating, but for the OTG, you will need around fifteen to twenty minutes before the cooking.
Ease of use – Even the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India has manual control, and hence you will have to look for the knobs for understanding the temperature and the timer. As for the microwave oven, there is a digital display on the right-side panel where the temperature, the setting, and other essential information are being displayed.
Cost – The cost of the microwave oven is much more as compared to the OTG appliance. This is why, for normal purposes, it is better to buy the OTG than the microwave.
How To Choose The Best OTG?
We have discussed only the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India appliances from different brands. Now, the real question is: how will you know which OTG is best from this lot? Since most people aren’t aware of the basic facts about the OTGs, it is practically impossible to buy the perfect one without making a mistake. This is where we will help you with a well-explained buying guide.
So, let’s find out how you can buy the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India!
- Capacity – The first thing you need to take note of is the capacity of the OTG. The general range of volumes starts from 10 liters and can go up to 60 liters. Before you pick up a random appliance, you have to ensure that you are perfectly sure about the volume and then only shortlist the name. Also, while checking the volume, you have to keep in mind whether you are buying the appliance for bulk cooking or not. If it’s for a normal meal, you can choose the standard capacities like twelve liters, sixteen liters, nineteen liters, and so on. But, if you want to buy the OTG for bulk cooking, we would prefer volumes like fifty-two liters, fifty-four liters, forty-eight liters, sixty liters, and so on.
- Accessories – Every OTG comes with a wide range of accessories that will help you in cooking various food items. The choice of the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India will depend on this accessory list. Here, we have explained the uses of the most common elements given along with the appliance.
- Skewer rods: These rods are used for barbeque preparations and grilling from all the sides evenly.
- Rotisserie rods: With these rods, you will be able to roast foods, either in pieces or whole. In some OTGs, the rotisserie rods have two guards, which keeps the food in the place.
- Trays: Generally, three main trays are there in the OTG. One is the normal baking tray you can use for baking cookies, pizzas, cakes, etc. The other one is the wire rack tray which will be used for grilling various ingredients like meat pieces, vegetable slices, and so on. The third tray type is the crumb tray which is usually used to make crumbles for adding textures and crunchiness to the dish.
- Tongs: The tongs are the helping hands which you will need to hold the trays and pull them out of the OTG once the cooking is done. You will have the tongs for every cooking accessory like for baking tray; you will have the baking tong while for the rotisserie rods, you will have the rotisserie tongs.
- Color and finish – While choosing the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India, it is your job to ensure that the color and finish of the appliance suits the settings of your kitchen. For example, if the kitchen has a sleek finish, a matte black colored OTG will look the best. If you are looking for more color combinations, you can choose the appliances where the body is of one color, and the knobs or the front panel is of another color shade. Also, you will have options in the type of coating. You can choose from the powder matte finish and the shiny glossy finish.
- Heat settings – Based on the filaments present in the OTG for heating, each appliance has its own heat setting options. For example, while using the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India for toasting, you can either choose the conventional heating more or the rotisserie heating mode. The former setting will simply toast the bread with a light brown crust on the top. However, if you are applying butter on the surfaces and choosing the latter setting, you will get a crispy toast with roasted flavors. So, based on the taste and the recipe, you can alter the various heat settings. Now, not every OTG will have the same number of settings for the heating options. Some will have four settings, while some come with six heat settings. If you are buying the OTG for various cooking techniques, you will need more heating options.
- Temperature and timer controls – Usually, in the OTGs, the timer knob gives you control of zero to sixty minutes, with finer controls of seconds. As for the temperature knob, the maximum temperature you can attend to is two hundred and fifty degrees Celsius. However, the initial temperature is not fixed and varies from one brand of the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India to the other.
- Power consumption – The next fact you need to check is the power consumption of the OTG you are buying. Based on the input power rating, you will be able to reduce the cooking time. But, you also have to keep in mind that if the electric power consumption is more, your electric bill will suffer surcharges quite unexpectedly. So, at the time of shortlisting the names of the OTG, be very certain about what kind of power consumption rating you need for your home.
- Rotisserie – Not every best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India comes with automated rotisserie options. There are some OTGs where you will find the manual control mechanism where you will have to turn the rods with your hand. The advantage of having a manual system is that the price of the appliance is low, and if you are not a fan of roasting, you shouldn’t try with the automatic ones. But, if you love roasted foods and want even heating throughout, you will need the OTGs, which come with an automated motorized rotisserie technology.
- Cooking methods – When choosing between the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India, you are actually choosing an appliance that offers all the three primary functions, starting from baking to toasting and grilling. However, apart from this, you will have other cooking options that will vary from one OTG brand to another. For example, in some OTGs, you will find the broiling and defrosting options while some appliances are limited to only the three basic functionalities. So, it’s up to you which kind of OTG you want for yourself.
- Price – Lastly, you have to decide on the price of the appliance. Make sure you are choosing the OTG based on your budget. Even though this appliance is cheaper than a conventional microwave oven, the price is one factor that matters most.
Having the best OTG (Oven Toaster Grill) in India is not easy, especially when you have so many options in your hand, and the knowledge is limited. That’s why we have discussed all the basic information about the appliance, along with a hint on the top seventeen OTGs of the year.
Buying from the links on this page may earn us a fee. Please read our complete ethics statement here.