The Best Pressure Cookers In India 2021
This article brings you the information on the best pressure cookers in India 2021. If you have been looking for one, go through this article to make a wise choice.
Ah yes, the pressure cooker. This little steam-powered cooking tool transforms ordinary Indian dishes into culinary masterpieces. After all, you need a pressure cooker to make dal – can you imagine dal makhani, chole, or rajma without it? That said, all pressure cookers are not the same. Some are clearly better than others, and this is true every year with new products in the market. This article will describe the best pressure cookers in India in 2021 in detail. Read on to learn more!
The Best Pressure Cookers In India 2021
Though rarely used in the West, pressure cookers are an essential cooking vessel in the typical Indian kitchen. They are relatively expensive, therefore, it is better to buy after careful consideration. Here are some of the best pressure cookers in India.
Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Most Indian dishes require many ingredients and have complex flavor profiles. Additionally, most Indian dishes require the same or similar ingredients. People who cook Indian dishes need to have a versatile pressure cooker. The Hawkins steel cooker is the perfect candidate because it works on any burner or stove range. It works well on electric stovetops and it works wonders on gas ranges. This amazing pressure cooker has a size spectrum that starts at 2 liters and includes every liter up to 10 liters. If you buy this product, it will be in your kitchen for many years. It’s that durable because it’s made from stainless steel. Stainless steel is a hardy material that doesn’t rust, corrode, or scratch easily. You’ll love the fact that it comes with a five-year warranty. If this wasn’t enough to make you fall in love with this induction based cooker, the following features will:
- The flat base gives stability. Stability alone makes it the best pressure cooker in India. You’ll notice that the base will never bulge or come apart. This is a problem with many conventional Indian pressure cookers.
- You can cook well with it on an induction stovetop
- You can fry pakoras or fish with the 5-liter cooker
- Its metal composition is 100% stainless steel
- The bottom has three layers of metal. The topmost is stainless steel, the middle layer aluminum. Finally, the bottom layer is stainless steel. This Hawkins Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker 3 Litre has a base that is more than 7 millimeters thick. This is the strength and durability that will reflect in your dishes.
- The stainless steel pressure cooker comes with a 5-year warranty
Stainless steel is an alloy that is made out of three metals. The main metal is steel. This comprises 74% of the total metal composition. 18% of the metal is chromium, and the remaining 8% is nickel. It’s this ratio that makes Hawkins the best pressure cooker brand used by people who cook Indian food. The entire pressure cooker is not magnetic. This is part of what contributes to its longevity. The chromium and nickel make it corrosion-proof. This is crucial since many Indian dishes require the use of acidic fruits and vegetables. This stainless steel alloy is also very easy to clean thoroughly.
The following attributes make Hawkins one of the best pressure cookers in India in 2021. The thick stainless steel base diffuses heat evenly. This means that your food cooks slowly and uniformly. It will always taste delicious and it will never have a burnt taste. It’s lid locks when cooking food. This makes it the Ideal Pressure Cooker brand used in India’s kitchens. The fact that the lid locks means that the steam created doesn’t escape. Instead, it accumulates. This is advantageous in Hawkin’s small cookers because it allows food to cook thoroughly and quickly.
The lid has a safety feature that makes it one of the preferred cooker brands. The lid locks tightly when in use. It will release only after large quantities of pressure and steam release. This prevents the lid from flying off into your face when you remove it from the pan. The spigot also does something that traditional spigots have not – it manages the pressure-flow throughout the interior of the cooker when in use. This helps the food cook evenly and tastes wonderful. It’s also certified by the Underwriters Laboratories. This is an independent organization that tests the safety and effectiveness of cooking tools.
You can buy the Hawkins cooker 5 litre for Rs. 3,049.
Prestige Popular Aluminum Pressure Cooker
The Prestige cooker pan is made from 18/8 grade stainless steel. This is what makes it safe, strong, and durable. Your food will always cook completely and evenly. These features are part of what make it among one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021. One feature you’ll love about the Prestige cooker steel is that it comes with handles that are made out of strong and durable plastic. They don’t heat easily. You don’t have to worry about constantly having to replace the cooker because of handles that constantly melt and/or warp!
There is one drawback, it can’t be used on induction cooking stovetops. But here are some more reasons why you will love the Prestige cooker pan:
- It comes with strong and durable lugs and a thick base. The thick base is what makes the pressure cooker last forever. It’s also what helps it cook great food – the base traps heat, amplifies it, and distributes it evenly at a very slow pace.
- The handles are easy to grip. Now, you don’t have to worry about burning yourself by accidentally touching the sides of the pan.
- You can buy a Prestige cooker in many sizes. These start with the Prestige stainless steel pressure cooker 2 liters and end at the 20-liter cooker with a wide variety of sizes in between.
- This is a family-oriented pressure cooker. This is especially true of the Prestige small cooker. The Gasket Release System (GRS) and the Metallic Safety Plug (MSP) contribute to this.
- The heavy base makes it the best pressure cooker non-stick
The three liter Prestige cooker pan sells for Rs. 3280.
Butterfly Cordial Aluminum Non-Induction Pressure Cooker 3L
It’s one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021 even though it’s not for induction stoves. However, you can buy a special version of these Butterfly cookers which can be used on induction stovetops. The following features make it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021:
- It’s made entirely out of 18/8 stainless steel. This makes it strong, durable, and hygienic.
- Easy to hold handle. You don’t have to worry about accidentally dropping these types of pressure cooker because the handle is made out of thick and durable plastic.
- The handle also adds an element of grace and beauty to this range of Butterfly cookers.
- Its weight and dimensions adjust temperature and distribute heat uniformly throughout the pressure cooker and across the base. Your food will never taste undercooked in some areas and burnt in others.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty
- It’s made out of a special grade and type of rubber that doesn’t leach rubber or a rubbery taste into food.
- You can use the 3-liter Butterfly cookers on induction stoves and ones that use LPG.
Other attributes that you’ll rave about Butterfly cookers are that have a metallic safety plug and gasket release system. These sense the amount of steam and pressure that are left in the cooker. The lid releases only when both in low quantities in the cooker. You’ll put it in the dishwasher after using it. Just be sure to use a dishwashing soap that isn’t too harsh. The Butterfly cooker features an aluminum exterior that makes it scratch and blemish resistant. Indeed, this pressure cooker will look and function like a new pressure cooker for years. It will also have a beautiful shine for years. These are what make it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021.
Pigeon by Stovekraft Favourite Outer Lid Non-induction Aluminum Pressure Cooker 3L
This Pigeon 3 Litre pressure cooker is made from the best quality aluminum manufactured. Maybe this is why it’s strong and durable. It also cooks all food, no matter how hard the texture, evenly and thoroughly. You’ll love its thick plastic handles which are securely welded into the pan. This makes for an easy and strong grip every time. This is the ideal small cooker for the Indian family that is always on the go! Other features that make the Pigeon 3 Litre pressure cooker one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021, as well as a ‘must buy’ item include:
- It’s dishwasher friendly
- The ergonomic design makes it look like a work of art and adds to its many safety features
- This pressure cooker has four layers of safety features. This makes it one of the safest cooking tools to use in the kitchen. It also makes it one of the best pressure cookers in India in 2021.
- The five-year warranty offers you a replacement and/or a money-back guarantee for many years.
- It’s certified by the ISI which is a respected organization that tests and certifies durable consumer goods according to very strict criteria.
The Pigeon 3 Litre pressure cooker is the modern working Indian woman’s best friend because it cooks well even when placed over a very hot and large flame. Other pressure cookers buckle and their handles start to melt and warp. This pressure cooker, however, retains its integrity.
Hawkins Hevibase Aluminum Induction Model Pressure Cooker
This is among one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021 partly because of its thick and strong base. This is composed of two layers of aluminum. It has two functions: it gives the cooker a stable and flat base, it also allows for the even distribution of heat. Food cooks thoroughly and uniformly. What makes it one of the best cookers to buy is the fact that you can use it on induction powered stoves. But there are other amazing features that make it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021:
- It features a black anodized base that doesn’t rub off, rust, or corrode ever. This is part of what allows this Hawkins induction cooker to diffuse heat slowly and at a uniform rate. You’ll never have to worry about scraping burnt dal or tomato paste off of the bottom of this pressure cooker.
- The Hawkins induction cooker is made entirely out of high-quality, polished aluminum. The polish does more than give it a beautiful shine. It ensures that the aluminum is corrosion, rust, and scratch proof. This ensures that the Hawkins induction cooker will last for at least a decade.
- Its base may distribute heat slowly, but it also ensures that food absorbs this heat quickly. This allows your food to cook quickly. Normally it takes at least two and a half hours to cook rasam, but you can cook it in less than half an hour with this pressure cooker.
- It uses the latest in pressure regulator technology. This is part of what allows food to cook quickly and uniformly.
- The inside of the lid has a pressure gauge. It accurately measures the pressure levels in the cooker. The gauge will release the lid only when the internal pressure of the cooker falls into the safe area. This ensures that neither the lid nor the spigot flies off into your face or eye when you open the pressure cooker.
It may be the latest pressure cooker in India because it’s perfect for use in the small Indian family – households with 3-4 people. The base is circular and 288 millimeters in circumference. For best results, you should cook foods that need to be lightly fried before being cooked in a pressure cooker. This pressure cooker’s base is 6.35 millimeters thick. Its handle is made out of a thick layer of aluminium that is sandwiched in between two thick layers of plastic. This is strategic in terms of thinking and design on the part of the manufacturer because it prevents the handle from being too hot to hold – the thick layers of plastic will absorb and diffuse the heat. The plastic layers are thick to prevent them from melting and/or warping when subjected to high temperatures. The design also ensures a strong grip every time!
Pigeon by Stovekraft Deluxe Aluminium Pressure cooker
What makes it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021 is its brilliant engineering. Though it’s made from high-quality aluminium of the best industrial-grade, it’s ‘light as a feather’ when held. It can hold up to 12 liters of liquid or solid food. It comes with a flat base that is standard for the latest cooker. However, don’t use it on induction stoves – you may end up with nasty surprises if you do. The following features also make it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021 and hence, one of the most popular cookers:
- The outer lid weighs 2.8 grams.
- It comes with a five year warranty that covers manufacturing defects. While it will pay for any repairs needed for the cooker, it will not cover damages sustained during usage.
- It uses injection-molded design and technology in its handles. This makes for an easy grip because the thick plastic handles deflect heat and don’t warp or melt easily
- The design of its bottom helps it diffuse heat evenly throughout the base. It ensures that heat is spread uniformly and quickly throughout the pressure cooker as well.
- Its composition is 100% aluminium.
- The metallic safety plug won’t fly off when subjected to extreme pressure and high temperatures.
- It doesn’t stain and is dishwasher safe.
What makes it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021 is its many quality food-grade nitrile gaskets. You’ll love its ISI certification. It also conforms to IS21: 1992 international safety standards. It has many safety features including a weight valve, gasket release system, gasket vent release system, and a safety valve.
The weight valve gives the gasket and safety plug weight. This ensures that it stays put. The gasket release system will open only after the internal pressure and temperature in the pressure cooker have been reduced to safe and acceptable levels. The safety valve will not release the plug until most of internal pressure has left the cooker.
Its bottom absorbs heat efficiently and rapidly. This makes it cook your food better and faster. But there is another added bonus – your monthly gas bills will be substantially lower. This pressure cooker helps to decrease overall energy usage through more efficient utilization. The lid is engineered and designed for easy opening and closing.
The fact that the aluminium is made from the best-quality available makes it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021. Because it’s designed for cooking food, it allows internal temperatures to skyrocket quickly. This dramatically and rapidly accelerates the cooker’s internal pressure. The result is food that’s cooked more thoroughly and faster. This increases the nutritional value of the food because fruits, vegetables, dal, and other foodstuffs lose their nutrients (and hence nutritional value) when they are cooked for long periods of time.
The safety valve is attached to the gasket vent. This is a vital safety feature because it (safety vent) will open if the internal pressure climbs above a certain level. It will safely release extra pressure quickly. This ensures that the lid is not forced off of the cooker when it’s cooking food – too much internal pressure buildup can do that. The safety valve is a backup for the main pressure valve. It will do the main pressure valve’s job should the main pressure valve fail.
The weight valve is underneath the plug. It plays an important role in keeping you safe by opening to release excess pressure. This occurs when the internal pressure in the pressure cooker climbs dramatically above an acceptable level. Interestingly enough, this feature also ensures that your food cooks uniformly in less time.
Pigeon by Stovekraft, Favourite Induction Base Aluminium Pressure Cooker
What makes it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021 is the fact that it’s made out of high-quality, industrial grade, and strong aluminium. It is a cooker for the induction stove. You can use it on gas stovetops as well. Its handles are made out of thick, industrial-grade plastic. They are designed and engineered for a smooth and sturdy grip during every use. Its raised outer lid gives it the ability to cook more food faster. But other features that make this one of the most popular pressure cookers in India are:
- A five-year warranty that will cover any manufacturing defects or necessary repairs. It won’t cover any damages due to usage.
- It comes with an ISI certification. This guarantees safety. It also indirectly guarantees that your food will be cooked through and cooked quickly.
- The handle won’t overheat. It’s also ergonomically designed. This gives you the ability to take it off of the stove without needing oven mitts.
- You can wash it in the dishwasher
This pressure cooker uses less energy more efficiently because its base diffuses heat and distributes evenly across the bottom and throughout the interior of the cooker. Just be careful if the area where you live has hard water. It may be made out of industrial-grade aluminium, but the minerals in hard water will damage it over time. They will cause the pressure cooker to rust and corrode over time. This will make the product less useful.
Hawkins Contura Hard Anodized Pressure Cooker
This pressure cooker will last. It’s made entirely out of high quality, industrial-grade stainless steel. The fact that it’s an anodized pressure cooker makes it stronger and cooks food faster and better. It comes in many sizes: 2 liters, 3 liters, 3.5 liters, 4 liters, and 6.5 liters. This makes it ideal for a family of any size. But part of what makes it among the best pressure cookers in India 2021 is its thick and flat base. At 3.25 millimeters thick, the base is strong and durable. It’s also flat and this is what helps it diffuse heat uniformly. This feature also helps distribute heat (and hence pressure) throughout its interior. But you’ll love these other stellar features:
- An anodized body prevents chemical reactions with food when cooking. Hence, your dal makhani will taste and smell like dal makhani and not like aluminum.
- Your health will stay intact. You don’t have to worry about ingesting potentially harmful heavy metal dust that’s microscopic in size.
- This model comes with a lid whose interior fits soundly. This creates an unbreakable seal that also acts as a safety mechanism.
- The lid also has a safety feature – the seal will not be broken until and unless the cooker’s internal pressure drops to safe and acceptable levels.
- This feature may make it among one of the best pressure cooker brands – it uses heat efficiently. Therefore, it uses much less heat. You’ll see the difference in your gas bill when it’s reduced by 50%.
- This brand has a unique feature which is common among the latest cooker brands. It can easily cook (and soften) meat that is tough and sinewy. Most cooker brands including cookers for induction stoves can’t make this great claim. This feature will dramatically widen both your cooking options and the use of this pressure cooker.
You’ll love another feature – it comes with an instruction manual. This cooker also comes with many recipe cards that will tell you how to cook the most popular Indian and international dishes in detail. It sells for $62 and this places it in the middle of the cooker price list spectrum. It cooks food in almost half of the time that a conventional microwave oven does. Boiling food in water may be the conventional way to ensure that food is cooked thoroughly and doesn’t contain any pathogens. However, this pressure cooker cooks food at a temperature that is 22% higher than the temperature that water boils at. You can rest assured that your food will be pathogen-free and therefore safe to eat.
If you lack the natural cooking knack of a gourmet chef, don’t worry. This pressure cooker will take care of that for you with its many recipe cards that describe how to cook gourmet Indian and international dishes. You’ll be cooking them with the skill of a chef who works in a 5-star restaurant, your food will be delicious, fresh, and flavorful.
The pressure cooker comes with instructions that tell you how to take care of it. It’s also easy to clean either by hand or dishwasher. Just be sure not to use this pressure cooker on an induction stove.
Pigeon Favourite Outer Lid Non Induction Aluminum Pressure Cooker
This company has a reputation for making some of the best pressure cookers in India 2021. It’s made out of industrial grade and quality aluminum. Its metal composition is 100% aluminum. You’ll love its intelligently designed Bakelite handle. This is made out of thick plastic that doesn’t warp or melt easily when subjected to high temperatures or heat from the surrounding metal of the pressure cooker. This makes it easy to hold. However, another feature that you’ll love about this pressure cooker is:
- 5 year warranty on replacement of defective parts and repair. Note, if you break your pressure cooker on purpose, the warranty will not cover the repair expenses.
Just note that it’s not designed for use on induction stoves. Its smaller size makes it perfect for the modern urban Indian family which consists of 3-4 people per household.
Prestige Deluxe Plus Mini Induction Base Hard Anodized Pressure Hands
Its small size at 3.3 liters is what makes it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021. It’s the best in terms of the price of the pressure cooker. You’ll pay less than 2,000 INR for this beauty. It’s both a mini pressure cooker and the ideal pressure cooker for induction. Yes, you can use this mini pressure cooker on both induction and gas-based stoves. But there are other useful features that will make how you ever used other pressure cookers. They are:
- Option in terms of size. This mini pressure cooker comes in two sizes: 3.3 liters and 4.8 liters.
- Its small size makes it perfect for small families with 3-4 people per household to use.
- It’s an anodized pressure cooker. This feature alone makes it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021. Now, your dal will taste like dal and not like aluminum.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty that covers manufacturer defects and any necessary repairs.
- Its base is thick and perforated. This is a safety feature because it allows excess steam to escape quickly and easily. It also helps diffuse heat throughout the base and interior quickly and easily. Your food will cook faster and taste better.
- The base consists of industrial strength and quality aluminum that is sandwiched between 2 layers of 18/8 stainless steel.
- The body resembles an urn or vase in terms of shape. Indian women and cooks say that this feature is part of the many features that make it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021. This allows the pressure cooker to cook Indian dishes perfectly.
The body of this pressure cooker is made from high-quality aluminum. Its lid is made from 18/8 grade stainless steel. This combination of metals allows different types of food to cook uniformly and at the same temperature. You can cook foods that have different temperatures in one pressure cooker from now on.
The Prestige Deluxe pressure cooker will last for years in your kitchen. This pressure cooker uses a precision weight valve. This is an important safety feature. It will automatically open when there is too much pressure building up inside the cooker. This is important because it ensures that your food will not burn as it cooks. The feature also keeps the lid and plug from flying off of the pressure cooker when in use.
The latest cookers come with many layers of safety features. The controlled gasket release system is one of these. This feature activates and releases excess steam and pressure whenever the vent tube fails.
Prestige Deluxe’s anodized metals make them rust, tarnish, scratch, and stain-resistant. The metals are coated on the interior as well. This allows food to float on the base of the pan while cooking thoroughly. Your food will never stick to the bottom of the pan and burn. The anodized feature also makes for easy cleaning. You can even put this pressure cooker in the dishwasher.
You’ll love the pressure indicator. This is a gauge that allows you to see the pressure level in your pressure cooker. You’ll always know when it’s safe to open the cooker.
Hawkins Hevibase Aluminum Induction Model Pressure Cooker
What makes this one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021 is its two-layered base. This makes the base extra thick. It also ensures that the food cooks evenly and quickly. Like most modern pressure cookers, the Hawkins Hevibase has a pressure regulator. This uses less fuel more efficiently. You’ll have monthly gas bills that are substantially lower. However, there are other features that make this one of the most frequently bought and widely used pressure cookers in India:
- For best results use it on a gas or electric stovetop. However, this is a great cooker for the induction stove as well.
- The lid has a safety seal. It won’t open until the internal pressure has dropped to safe and acceptable levels.
Which Is The Best Pressure Cooker For You To Use?
This is an important message for moms with infants. You can cook great baby food in a pressure cooker. Just keep in mind that you should use a small pressure cooker or even a mini pressure cooker. The main reason why is because infants and babies don’t eat much. A small pressure cooker or a mini pressure cooker is best because it cooks small amounts of food quickly and thoroughly. You can cook the vegetables or fruits on a low flame. This is best since a low flame will soften the fruits and vegetables. This allows for easy mashing and/or blending.
Well, though the best pressure cookers in India 2021 were just described in detail, the best pressure cooker for you depends on many factors. One of these is the size of your family. If you have a small family, you’ll need a smaller pressure cooker. In fact, you may even be able to use a mini pressure cooker for some dishes. However, you’ll probably need a much larger pressure cooker if there are more people in your family.
More and more moms are deciding to make food for their babies at home. One reason why is because baby food is expensive and most babies eat 4-5 tubes or jars a day. Another reason why (and this is the main reason) moms make baby food at home is that they know all of the ingredients that are in the baby food. They also know the quantities. This gives many moms peace of mind.
Moms can also experiment with different combinations of food to create delicious baby food with a unique (and often interesting) flavor profile. Many babies are picky and don’t want to eat conventional baby food. These consist of apple chicken, prune apple, pear-cinnamon oatmeal, among others. Also, babies’ tastes change quickly and often. Their taste buds change once every 10 days until they’re three. Buying baby food to suit their changing tastes is inconvenient and expensive.
But asides from that, if you cook larger meals, you need a larger pressure cooker even if your family is small in size. You’ll be cooking smaller batches of food much more often. This will consume more fuel even if you are using an energy-efficient pressure cooker. You’ll see the increase in your monthly energy bill in no time.
That’s why you should choose pressure cooker brands that come in larger sizes. Good examples would be the Hawkins stainless steel and Butterfly Cordial Aluminum pressure cookers.
Hawkins vs Prestige, Which Is The Best?
Now that you have some understanding of how the best pressure cookers in India 2021 are best suited for families of certain sizes because of size considerations, it’s time to compare the two brands. These are Hawkins and Prestige. Now, both are household names in India because of their high quality and exceptional performance in relation to their prices. But Hawkins is clearly good under some circumstances. The same is true of Prestige. Now, it’s time to discuss Hawkins vs Prestige in terms of quality, performance, and other factors!
This pressure cooker brand is made and sold only for Indian consumers. It’s made by an Indian manufacturer who thoroughly understands the requirements and tastes of the average Indian. They make high-quality products that actually stick around for a long time. This is why Indian women and chefs love this brand.
There is one feature that is unique to Hawkins pressure cookers. That is the interior fitting lid. This makes Hawkins the safest brand of all of the different types of pressure cookers currently being sold in India. The lid comes with a pressure release valve. It opens if the main pressure releasing vent fails. This lets extra pressure out. It has saved many Indian kitchens from damages and accidental fires.
You get variety when you buy Hawkins. For example, this company sells 73 different pressure cookers. It markets a total of 12 different pressure cooker brands. This may give the Indian consumer many choices, but it can also confuse and overwhelm them considering that the pressure cookers come in different shapes, sizes, and forms.
These pressure cookers are made out of top-notch plastic and metal. However, the fact that they come in many different sizes and have a mini pressure cooker and a half-liter cooker means that they may not be the best candidate for larger families. The one good point is that the cost of a pressure cooker is very reasonable for the average Indian family. The affordability of these cooker brands is a major factor that contributes to their immense popularity in India.
The Contura brand – Hawkins
One of Hawkins’s top pressure cooker brands is Contura. You can buy it at 1.5 liters 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, and 6.5-liter sizes. Its diversity in size for the average small and medium-sized Indian family is part of what makes it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021. Many pressure cookers in this brand are anodized. This makes them safe for use. It also makes the food that they cook taste better and cook faster.
Anodized aluminum (and stainless steel) is coated with a special solution. This is what makes the pressure cooker absorb heat quickly and evenly distribute it quickly. It’s this feature (among others) that allows these pressure cookers to cook on smaller flames – they use less energy more efficiently.
Indian women and chefs love their curves. They say that this feature makes it easier to stir food, thereby cooking it better and more thoroughly. This feature also makes for fast and easy cleanup.
The Hawkins Contura pressure cooker is intuitive. This allows people who know little about cooking or using pressure cookers to use it. The Hawkins Contura pressure cooker has received many five-star customer reviews on Amazon.com and other sites that sell it. Since good customers are the ultimate litmus test that determines if a product is good and should be purchased, this is the main reason why it ranks among one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021.
This is the second contender in the Hawkins vs Prestige competition. Prestige pressure cookers are made by a manufacturer that is based out of Bangalore. This means that the people who design, engineer, and manufacture these pressure cookers understand the intricacies of Indian cooking. They also understand the complexities that are associated with Indian cooking. For example, all types of dal are hard. It’s not possible to soften it just by boiling it for many hours. It needs to be subjected to intense steam and pressure to cook well.
However, there are other features that make this one of the best pressure cookers currently on the Indian market. Like Hawkins, its manufacturers strive to design a high-quality cooking tool that the average Indian can afford. When it comes to aesthetics and extra features, Hawkins definitely has the upper hand. However, those who just want a pressure cooker that functions reasonably well at a relatively low price love Prestige. Indeed because these pressure cookers are so useful, are multi-purpose, and are durable, they are thought to ‘pay for themselves’ over time.
Prestige pressure cookers were built like the standard Indian pressure cooker, only with much better features and functionality. If you go onto most websites that sell these pressure cookers, you’ll be amazed by the fact that the cooker price Prestige is amazingly low in comparison to other pressure cookers of its caliber
Their parts are interchangeable. What this means is that it’s easy to find any of their components and/or parts online. Another unique feature of this pressure cooker is the fact that parts and components from conventional pressure cookers will perform well once incorporated into the Prestige brands.
These cookers operated off of intuitive design and functionality. This makes it easy for anyone, even those who are terrible cooks, to use them. In fact, those who ‘can’t cook’ can use Prestige pressure cookers to make gourmet dishes that would make the talented chefs who work in 5-star restaurants ‘green with envy!’ Though these brands don’t have half liter pressure cooker sizes, they have a wide size spectrum. You can choose from a wide range of sizes which start at 1.5 liters and ends at 8 liters. This makes it ideal for a family of any size to use. Additionally, the smaller pressure cookers work just as well as the larger ones.
Prestige pressure cookers ‘stand out from the pack’ in terms of shape. In fact, you can literally ‘spot a Prestige pressure cooker a mile away!’ Their unique shapes contribute to this. Another interesting feature of these pressure cookers is that different brands come in different shapes and sizes. For example, it’s possible to buy a Prestige pressure cooker from a line with curved sides. You can also find different lines that have shapes associated with traditional pressure cookers.
As mentioned earlier, these pressure cookers will last for several decades. In fact, you may be moving with your Prestige pressure cooker when you retire if you had bought it several decades earlier.
What makes these pressure cookers so durable is their design and engineering. These cookers are made out of anodized steel. This is a special grade of steel that doesn’t rust, corrode, crack, or stain easily. An added bonus is that the special coating for anodized steel seals flavors in. now you no longer have to worry about your toor dal having a slight and unpleasant metallic taste! The anodized coating makes these pressure cookers last longer because it prevents the acid in more acidic foods from reacting with the metal in the interior of the pressure cooker. Many conventional pressure cookers don’t have this feature and it explains why they deteriorate so quickly. Also, the food doesn’t cook as well.
Like the Hawkins pressure cookers, Prestige pressure cookers come with many in-built safety features. It comes in the form of a locking lid. The lid locks and seals when food is cooking. Interestingly enough, it stays sealed until enough pressure has released and the pressure cooker is safe to open.
Now that you know more about Hawkins and Prestige pressure cookers, it’s time to answer a fundamental question in the Hawkins vs Prestige debate. The question is, “Which pressure cooker is better?” The answer to this excellent and fundamental question is, “it depends!” If you’re simply looking for a functional pressure cooker, you’d be better off buying the Prestige pressure cooker. However, if you want more frill features, Hawkins is for you. While you’ll be paying slightly more for this pressure cooker, you’ll get your value’s worth. So, it won’t be wrong if we say it is one of the best pressure cookers in India 2021.
The Best Pressure Cookers In India 2021 Have Been Unveiled
Indeed this article not only unveiled the best pressure cookers in India 2021, but it also described many of the more popular and better quality brands in detail. Some of the takeaways of this article were that stainless steel is clearly a better metal to use because it’s an alloy of metals that are high-quality, durable, and strong. They don’t react to the food that they are cooking easily. They also don’t leach easily. Both qualities appear to be very important to the average Indian consumer. These pressure cookers also had many features which made them very safe. This article ended by answering some of the most frequently asked questions in detail. Ultimately, it’s up to the end consumer to decide which brand and type of pressure cooker are best for him or her!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Many people ask lots of questions about the best pressure cookers in India 2021 and rightfully so. After all, they are looking for a quality product at a reasonable and affordable price. Some of the more frequently asked questions (FAQs) are answered below:
- Which is the safest pressure cooker?
It’s the number and quality of a pressure cooker’s many safety features that are part of what makes it one of the best pressure cookers in India 2020. Interestingly enough, some brands that were not discussed above made the safety list. For example, the Elgi Ultra stainless steel cooker was included. Some of the many safety features these pressure cookers had in common included:
1) A weighted valve – this was a key safety feature because it releases only when excess pressure builds up in the cooker. This keeps the lid and plug from flying off when opened. It also keeps the pressure cooker from exploding.
2) The controlled gasket release also ensures that pressure is released slowly and at a steady pace. This also keeps the pressure cooker from exploding.
3) The metallic safety plug ensures that excess pressure and steam that may build up when food is being cooked stays in the pressure cooker until the vents, weighted valve, and controlled gasket release can be activated.
4) A locking lid creates a strong seal that is very difficult to break once the pressure cooker is in use. It’s released only when the pressure and steam levels are at a ‘safe level’ inside of the cooker.
5) Thick bases which are welded to the cookers. This keeps the pressure cookers from coming apart after a few months of usage. The entire pressure cooker is useless if the base comes off.
- Which material pressure cooker is best?
The material that a pressure cooker is made out of greatly contributes to its overall safety. Its many safety features are only part of what makes it a safe pressure cooker. Interestingly enough, there are many electric pressure cookers that are available on the Indian market. These come in two types: stainless steel or non stick. Non-stick has a slippery coating which makes for easy cleanup. There is a downside. That is it can be damaged easily. The functionality and utility of the pressure cooker greatly diminish when this occurs. 18/8 stainless steel is a better candidate in terms of overall safety because it can be molded into thicker cooking vessels. It’s also more durable and can be subjected to amazingly high amounts of pressure and steam while staying intact.
Many more pressure cookers are being made out of aluminium because it’s a more abundant metal. This makes it easier and cheaper for manufacturers to procure. They can then pass the lower costs down to customers in the form of lower prices. However, aluminum is thinner. This makes it not as durable and more prone to warping after prolonged usage. Aluminum also wears out quicker. It can rust and corrode easily after having been used (and washed) many times. Therefore, while it’s a popular candidate in terms of metal to use in manufacturing, it may not be the safest metal to use. When it comes to the safety contest, stainless steel clearly emerges as the safer metal. This is why those who manufacture quality pressure cookers with many safety features prefer to use it. Not surprisingly, it’s used in some of the best pressure cookers in India 2020.
- Which pressure cooker is best for health, steel or aluminum?
Many people ask this question when they research the best pressure cookers in India in 2020. The answer is, “it depends!” The factors that a person must take into consideration when buying a pressure cooker are: what the cooker will be used for, how long the person wants the pressure cooker to last, and if the person prefers a pressure cooker with many safety features. However, if you want to buy a pressure cooker that will optimize your health, you should buy an anodized 18/8 stainless steel product with many safety features.
The safety features will protect you from the intense damage that lots of steam and pressure can do. The anodized metal will protect the exterior and interior of the vessel from rusting, corroding, scratching, and other forms of wear and tear that long-term usage creates. Stainless steel is thicker and it’s more resistant to reacting to acidic foods than aluminum is. Additionally, it keeps metal flavors from leaching into food while it’s cooking. This is more than a great flavor enhancer. It keeps you healthy by preventing microscopic heavy metal particles from breaking off and being absorbed by the food that is being cooked. Heavy metals have been known to cause a myriad of health problems and even birth defects. The anodized pressure cooker only reinforces these natural features of stainless steel.
- Is an aluminum pressure cooker bad for health?
Well, a pressure cooker that’s made out of aluminum will definitely not poison you. However, untreated aluminum can leach more than just the flavor of the metal into your cooking food. It can also leach small heavy metal particles that can accumulate and cause long-term health problems. The key to making an aluminum pressure cooker safer is to anodize it. This is a special coating that keeps the metal from reacting to the ingredients in the food. This is crucial when cooking sour or bitter foods.
The high acid content in these foods react with the metal and cause rusting corrosion and other ill effects. It also accelerates the leaching process and makes it even worse! For the best results, you should always cook with a stainless steel pressure cooker. The preferred grade and ratio are 18/8. This metal is stronger, thicker, and less reactionary to the ingredients in the food being cooked. Stainless steel pressure cookers may be more expensive, but in the long run, you are paying a higher price for better health and better quality food that tastes better.
- Which is better aluminum or steel?
Once again, the answer is, “it depends!” Aluminum pressure cookers are cheaper and they are of comparable quality to stainless steel ones. However, aluminum is a thinner and more reactive metal. This explains why aluminum pressure cookers deteriorate faster. The deterioration can be caused by rust, corrosion, wear or tear, or even extreme scratches. If you want a quality pressure cooker that is durable and won’t break down easily or leach anything into your food, you should choose an 18/8 stainless steel pressure cooker. The extra money you will shell out for it will be well worth the better cooked and more delicious food it will deliver to you. Equally important is the fact that stainless steel cookers appear to have more safety features than aluminum ones do. This appears to be very important to most Indian customers.