Cadbury 5 Star 3D Chocolate Bar Review: Crunchy & Chewy
Cadbury 5 Star 3D packs the flavors of milk chocolate and caramel with some crunchy wheat krispies. We relished this indulgent bar!
‘What’s better than chocolate?’ you ask. ‘An indulgent combination of chocolate and caramel!’ says Team Mishry.
As much as we love nibbling on a square of dark chocolate, textural variation is always welcome. Adding another star to it’s range of premium chocolates like Cadbury Temptations and Cadbury Bournville, this globally-loved confectionary brand introduced 5 Star 3D with the promise that consumers ‘get lost at a different level’.
‘Crunchy, chewy, chocolatey’ spoiler alert- the brand delivers exceptionally on this claim. Read how we fought over the last bit in Team Mishry’s Cadbury 5 Star 3D chocolate bar review.
Cadbury 5 Star 3D Chocolate Bar – Everything You Need To Know
All you need to know about Cadbury 5 Star 3D chocolate bar is discussed in this section.
A vibrant purple-gold-colored wrapper holds this chocolate bar. There’s a distinct graphic that shows a cross-sectional view of the bar.
2. Main Ingredients
Center filling 67% – Sugar, liquid Glucose, Hydrogenated Vegetable Fat, Milk Solids, Wheat Crispies 5% (Refined Wheat Flour, Sugar, Corn Starch, Edible Salt, Palm Kernel Oil, Leavening Agents (450(i), 500(ii),341 (i)), Edible Vegetable Fat, Invert Sugar, Cocoa Solids, Humectant (422), Emulsifiers (322, 471), Lactose, Edible Salt.
Milk Chocolate 33% – Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Milk Solids, Lactose, Cocoa Solids, Emulsifiers (442, 476).
The pack boasts of its formulation made with ‘Cadbury Milk Chocolate + Caramel + Soft Chocolatey Centre + Crunchy Crispies’
How does this amalgamation taste? Is it overloaded on one ingredient or does this bar showcase a delectable balance?
While the texture of milk chocolate is creamy smooth; chewy, runny, and soft are what describe the mouthfeel of caramel.
What about the ‘crunchy’ crispies? Is the crisp bite retained or have they turned soggy amidst the layers of chocolate and caramel?
As mentioned on the wrapper, this chocolate bar contains added ethyl vanillin.
Does the bar emit a chocolatey aroma or is a floral vanilla aroma more prominent?
6. Nutritional Information
Per 100 grams, this bar offers 516 Kcal which is divided as 3.5 grams of protein, 64.8 grams of carbohydrates (of which 52 grams is sugar), and 27 grams of fat.
7. Price Range
A 42-gram bar is priced at Rs 30.
8. Shelf Life
This has a shelf life of 12 months.
Cadbury 5 Star 3D Chocolate Bar – Detailed Review
Here’s our experience with Cadbury 5 Star 3D chocolate bar.
|Cadbury 5 Star 3D||Product Details|
|Calorie||516 Kcal (per 100 grams)|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
|Amazon Rating (on 5)||4.3 stars|
This chunky chocolate bar featured a wavy surface with an inviting aroma that resembled creamy vanilla.
We chopped the bar into a few bite-sized portions to check how identical or different it looks from the graphic provided by the brand. Unlike what is shown, we could not distinguish a distinct layer of caramel. The milk chocolate layer and center filling seem to have blended. The ball-shaped wheat crispies were visible.
In one word- interesting! Be it flavors or textures, this chocolate bar does take you to a ‘different level’ The wheat crispies add a pronounced crunch to an overall gooey, chewy bar. We LOVED the abundance of these crispies.
The quantity of caramel was significantly lesser than chocolate but we got no complaints!
- A 42-gram bar is priced at Rs 30.
- It has a shelf life of 12 months.
- Main Ingredients- Centre filling 67% – Sugar, liquid Glucose, Hydrogenated Vegetable Fat, Milk Solids, Wheat Crispies 5% (Refined Wheat Flour, Sugar, Corn Starch, Edible Salt, Palm Kernel Oil, Leavening Agents (450(i), 500(ii),341 (i)), Edible Vegetable Fat, Invert Sugar, Cocoa Solids, Humectant (422), Emulsifiers (322, 471), Lactose, Edible Salt. Milk Chocolate 33% – Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Milk Solids, Lactose, Cocoa Solids, Emulsifiers (442, 476).
- Chocolate and caramel layers are spot-on sweet. It doesn’t feel overwhelming.
- The wheat crispies have a prominent bite.
- We appreciate these are added liberally.
- Chewy, smooth, and crunchy, each bite showcases interesting textures.
Best Suited For
Looking for a bar of chocolate full of surprises? We recommend trying the 5 Star 3D Chocolate bar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Cadbury 5 Star 3d chocolate bar.
1. Is this 5 star chocolate bar healthy?
No, this chocolate bar is not ‘healthy’ but eliminating certain foods only makes you crave them more. We recommend portion control and occasional consumption.
2. Is this chocolate bar gluten-free?
No, the wheat crispies have gluten-based ingredients.
3. Does this bar require refrigeration after unpacking?
This primarily depends on the regional climate. You must store the chocolate bar under refrigeration or in a cool and dark place.
4. Does this chocolate bar contain preservatives?
Yes, this contains emulsifiers 471 and 476 which act as preservatives.
5. Does this chocolate bar contain any allergens?
Yes, the chocolate bar contains milk and wheat and may contain peanuts and soya.
Super interesting and definitely indulgent! The unique textures had Team Mishry hooked on the 5 Star 3D chocolate bar.
Milk, dark, or white, what’s your preferred chocolate variant?
Chocolates, More Chocolates!
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.