Dabur Honitus Madhuvaani Review – Mishry
Dry cough, scratchy throat, chest congestion? Try this Ayurvedic cough syrup, Dabur Honitus Madhuvaani.
No medicine cabinet is complete without the super sweet cherry-flavored cough syrup. As quickly as these syrups soothe the cough/cold and related discomforts, have you ever wondered why they literally knock you out?
OTC cough syrups typically contain antihistamines like diphenhydramine, chlorpheniramine maleate and doxylamine succinate or others. Antihistamines are drugs used for treating allergies.
This may be one of the reasons why people prefer home remedies. Sharper memory? Honey-soaked almonds. Soothe an irritated throat? Honey mixed in warm water. Time and again, Dabur Honey has retained its quality and taste. So when we came across the Ayurvedic cough remedy by the brand, we knew it had to be reviewed.
Since our experience with Dabur Honitus Kaadha was exceptional, we were quite hopeful of this product. In this Dabur Honitus Madhuvaani review, we tell you about our overall experience.
Also Read- We gave Dabur Tulsi Drops 4.75 Mishrys!
All you need to know about Dabur Honitus Madhuvaani is discussed here.
This Ayurvedic cough remedy comes in a wide-mouth HDPE jar.
2. Main Ingredients
Each teaspoonful (5 ml) is prepared with Sitopaladi, Elaichi, Vanslochan, Dalchini, Madhu, Sharkara, and Gel base.
Sodium Methyl Paraben IP, Sodium Benzoate IP, and Potassium Sorbate IP are the preservatives used.
Detailed composition of this cough remedy is mentioned below.
For this review, taste is not a significant parameter as this is a medicine for treating cough and related symptoms.
Cough syrups typically have a sweet taste. On the other hand, Ayurvedic blends would have intense pungent and astringent flavors. What is the most prominent in this Ayurvedic cough remedy?
As indicated by the ingredient list, this cough remedy is made using Sitopaladi. Pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon are some of the ingredients Sitopaladi is prepared with. Could we sense these aromatic ingredients, or did the syrup have an industrial aroma?
What is the appearance of Dabur Honitus Madhuvaani cough remedy like? Deep red or a rich brown?
Does this have a flowy syrup-like consistency or that of a jammy concentrate?
7. After Taste
Did this Ayurvedic concoction leave an aftertaste? If yes, was it bitter or is it tolerable?
A 150-gram jar is priced at Rs 99/-.
9. Shelf Life
This has a shelf life of 2 years.
Check out our review of Dabur Immunity Kit.
Dabur Honitus Madhuvaani – Detailed Review
|Dabur Honitus Madhuvaani||Product Details|
|Main Ingredients||Sitopaladi Churna (Tvak, Suksmaila, Pippali, Vamsha), Sharkara|
|Shelf Life||2 years|
Curated with a non-drowsy formula, this cough remedy is packed in a HDPE container. HDPE (high-density polyethylene) is corrosion-resistant and not reactive to chemicals. It not only ensures zero leaching but is also recyclable.
It emits an herbal aroma and has a flowy consistency. This Ayurvedic concoction is a deep brown fluid that has super fine particles of herbs and spices. As anticipated, Dabur Honitus Madhuvaani has a potent spicy taste. It is laced with a hint of sweetness. It’s not bitter and neither does it have an industrial or artificial taste.
The ‘non-drowsy formula’ claim was satisfactorily met. Similarly, this significantly helped with treating sore throat issues and cough.
That said, in addition to taking Dabur Honitus Madhuvaani as per the recommended dosage, sipping on warm water, consuming warm and nutritious foods must be ensured.
What does Dabur Honitus Madhuvaani contain?
First things first, we appreciate the choice of sweeteners used by the brand. In addition to sugar, jaggery and rock sugar are added too. Though the calorie content of all three falls in a similar range, jaggery is a good source of iron and rock sugar (mishri) is one of the purest forms of sugar that may help in treating a sore throat, cold, and cough.
Sitopaladi Churna- This is prepared with Ayurveda-prescribed proportionate amounts of mishri, vankshalochana (the white part found on bamboo trees), pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon. These five compounds act as bioenhancers, anti-oxidants, and have anti-inflammatory properties.
From preventing allergies to evading infections, Sitopaladi churna is a granny-trusted remedy.
The coumarin content in cinnamon, piper longum and pippali from black pepper, are renowned for the wonders they work on congestion, cough, and several other throat and respiratory tract discomforts.
- The cough remedy is packed in an HDPE jar.
- A 150-gram jar is priced at Rs 99.
- It has a shelf life of 2 years.
- Main Ingredients- Sitopaladi Churna 28 g (reference Sharangdhara samhita, Madhyam Khanda Adhyay-6; prepared from powders of Tvak (Cinnamomum zeylanicum, St. Bk) 0.903g, Suksmaila (Elettaria cardamomum Sd) 1.806g, Pippali (Piper longum, Fr.) 3.613g, Vamsha (Bambusa, Bambos SC) 7.226 g, Sitopala 14.452 g), suksmaila (Elettaria cardamomum Sd) 500 mg, Vamsha (Bambusa bambos, SC) 770 mg, Tvak (Cinnamomum Zeylanicum, St. Bk.) 390 mg and Madhu 20.0 g, Sharkara 25.5 g, Excipients q.s.
- This delivers well on the ‘non-drowsy’ claim.
- It has no industrial aroma or taste.
- This helped us soothe an irritated cough. Going purely by our own experience, we can say that this is effective.
Best Suited For
Sore throat? Congestion? Cough? This herbal remedy by Dabur may help. Do consult a doctor for a plan of treatment if you are suffering from any flu-like symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Dabur Honitus Madhuvaani.
1. Does Dabur Honitus contain any preservatives?
Yes, this contains Sodium Methyl Paraben IP, Sodium Benzoate IP, and Potassium Sorbate IP.
2. Does Dabur Honitus have any additional sweeteners?
This is sweetened with sugar, jaggery, and rock sugar (mishri).
3. Is Dabur Honitus sugar free?
No, it does contain sugar in the form of table sugar, jaggery, and rock sugar.
4. Can Honitus be consumed on an empty stomach in the morning?
We recommend consulting an expert.
Dabur Honitus Madhuvaani is quite an effective remedy for mild cough and a sore throat. That said, in addition to consuming this herbal cough remedy, we were consciously consuming warm fluids like water, soup, turmeric milk, etc.
If you have a persistent cough that refuses to go away, we suggest you consult a doctor. Do not self-medicate.
More Ayurvedic Products We've Reviewed
* While reviewing Ayurvedic products we look for features like quality of ingredients used, nutrition label, packaging and pricing. As there is no way of gauging the efficacy of the products, we do not consider that as a parameter.
* Natural herbs and ingredients have different effects on different people. Do consult an Ayurveda practitioner or a doctor before making any dietary changes.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.