Yoga Bar’s Turmeric + Ginger Muesli: #FirstImpression
In addition to turmeric powder, some of the other healthier alternatives to usual ingredients include rice bran oil, Himalayan pink salt and candied alma and ginger.
Breakfast Foods in India is becoming an active space for a whole lot of brands that want to target the ‘health conscious’. Mueslis that are low in sugar, oats in a variety of spices and ready-to-eat regional Indian breakfast occupy the many shelves dedicated to this category in supermarkets.
Enter Yoga Bar’s Turmeric + Ginger Muesli. The bright colored pack is unmissable on a supermarket store. The signature flavoring of turmeric and ginger is unusual too, not everyday do you come across breakfast muesli with turmeric and ginger now, do you?
7 Quick Things You Should Know About Yoga Bar’s Turmeric + Ginger Muesli
- Yoga Bar’s Turmeric + Ginger Muesli contains quinoa, oats and brown rice.
- It contains zero processed sugar, so no white sugar. It does have small amounts of date syrup, honey, and jaggery.
- There are a variety of seeds used in the muesli mix – watermelon seeds, pumpkin seeds, and flax seeds are amongst the ingredients used.
- Every serving (50 gm) contains around 200 calories and the box would give you 8 servings.
- The muesli itself comes in a resealable pouch, which makes it user-friendly.
- In addition to turmeric powder, some of the other healthier alternatives to usual ingredients include rice bran oil, Himalayan pink salt, and candied amla and ginger.
- Yoga Bar’s Turmeric + Ginger Muesli has a shelf life of 6 months only.
- It’s made of whole grains, is rich in fiber and has a high protein content.
First Impression Of Yoga Bar’s Turmeric + Ginger Muesli
The muesli has a distinct yellow color, thanks to the use of turmeric powder. You could mistake this for your regular ‘chiwda’ at first glance because of the yellow tinge. But this passes as soon as you put it into a bowl of milk.
We tried Yoga Bar’s Turmeric + Ginger Muesli as per serving suggestion with half a cup of skimmed milk. The signature flavors of turmeric and ginger are subtle enough and just about stay in the background. There is no overpowering smell of turmeric or ginger that could make your morning bowl feel like afternoon khichdi!
Yoga Bar’s Turmeric + Ginger Muesli tastes fresh, and you can barely taste the jaggery, date syrup, and honey. That’s good for people who want to enjoy muesli for breakfast without the added calories of sugar that you find in most packaged mueslis now. Adding some chopped up fresh fruits makes all the difference and this is suggested on the box as well.
If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! If you don’t, please tell us why!
Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new categories of products being launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.