Tops Eggless Chocolate Cake Mix: #FirstImpressions
Tops New Cake Mix is 100% vegetarian and just requires some milk, oil or butter. We pressure-cooked the cake mix for 35 minutes. The outcome was quite impressive. Read on to know more…
Cake mixes are a much convenient way of having a popular baked delicacy that also has that homely essence. Tops’ Eggless Chocolate Cake mix offers to its users a quick and convenient way to create a homestyle dessert in very few steps and with the help of easily available ingredients. For this edition on our quick reviews (we like to call them #FirstImpressions). We bought a pack of Tops’ Cake Mix Chocolate to try it ourselves.
Important Facts About Tops Eggless Chocolate Cake Mix
*as per information on the pack.
- It can be prepared in 30-35 minutes.
- It contains gluten and milk products.
- Has permitted natural color.
- It contains added flavor and artificial flavoring substances.
Tops Cake Mix can be prepared in a pressure cooker or microwave without the use of an egg.
MRP – Rs 100/-*
*Price at the time of review
Method Of Preparation
*as per information on the pack.
- Mix 150 ml of milk and 70 g butter or veg oil in the bowl.
- Add the cake powder to the mix and stir well with a wooden spoon until the batter becomes smooth.
- Grease the insides of the baking pan with oil or butter and sprinkle with wheat flour.
- Pour batter into the baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
#FirstImpressions Of Tops Chocolate Cake Mix
We feel that cake mixes are fabulous when it comes to ease of cooking, convenience and give you a chance to be as creative with desserts as possible! Who said that you need to stop at the cakes these mixes are used to bake? These fool-proof cake mixes are great when you are trying to create a more complicated dessert, say a layered cake, or a pudding with fruits, custard, etc. For our trial of this product, we decided to add an egg to the cake mix, this was an optional ingredient in an otherwise eggless mix.
We pressure-cooked the cake mix for 35 minutes. The outcome was quite impressive.
The cake came out soft, and light. Its quite spongy looks and smells good too. There is no eggy smell or aroma. We like that it is not overly sweet. This enables you to use the mix to create cakes that you can do much more too.
Dust a little powdered sugar, add a slather of chocolate syrup, or decorate it with tiny pieces of chocolate; there no end to how creative you can get with a soft, spongy cake like this.
If you wish to make a simple Eggless Sponge Cake along with Chocolate Fudge Sauce at home, then here’s a recipe for you.
Eggless Sponge Cake
Who doesn't love cakes? Here's a simple eggless sponge cake recipe, which can be enjoyed as it is or can make for a perfect base for your fancy cakes. You just need to get the base right!
- 50 Grams Flour
- 70 Grams Curd
- 45 Grams Castor sugar
- 0.5-0.75 Grams Baking Soda
- 1.25 Grams Baking Powder
- 30 Grams Oil
- 2 Millilitre Vanilla Essence
For Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 100 Millilitre Water
- 200 Grams Sugar
- 75 Grams Corn Syrup
- 50 Grams Unsweetened Chocolate
- 15 Grams Butter
In a bowl, mix curd, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
Whisk the mixture for five minutes.
Now add the oil and vanilla, mix well.
Add the flour and slowly start folding it in. Move the batter to a greased mould once done.
Bake at 180°C.
For the fudge sauce, bring water, sugar and corn syrup to a boil and continue till the sugar is melted.
Let it cool.
Melt the chocolate and butter over low heat and stir until smooth.
Slowly begin to combine the sugar syrup mix into the chocolate slowly.
Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil for about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and let it cool. Pour the cooled sauce over the cake, let it set and then cut the cake into desired size pieces and serve.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.