Tops Sambhar Instant Mix: #FirstImpressions
The sambhar we cooked using Tops Instant Mix came out really flavorful. The sourness from tamarind is just perfect.
A delicious bowl of sambhar has many things going for it. It has that signature tanginess from the use of tamarind, the spices and veggies together bring a delicious flavor, and the consistency is such that it can be enjoyed with hot dosa or appam, or just as well with rice. But making sambhar from scratch may not be in everyone’s comfort zone. For those who don’t cook this dish regularly, it may seem like a daunting task to cook sambhar from scratch. We suppose, it for such folks, that brands like Tops come up with Instant Mixes that make your job easier. But how does it taste?
Quick Things To Note About Top Sambhar Instant Mix
- This is a vegetarian product.
- The mix contains ingredients like red gram dal, Bengal gram dal, dehydrated vegetables, and tamarind powder.
- The hydrogenated vegetable oil contains trans fats, which adds up to 0.83g as per the nutrition label.
The sambhar we cooked using Tops Instant Mix came out really flavorful. The sourness from tamarind is just perfect. The warm spices at the end make their presence felt, in a warm, soothing way.
#FirstImpressions: Top Sambhar Instant Mix
The dry powder mix is orangish to look at, and you can clearly see a lot of dry masalas added.
The powder has red chilies, lots of khada masalas.
Once this is added to water, and allow it to simmer, the sambhar starts thickening. As you let it cook for 8-10 minutes, it achieves an appetizing brown color and looks very, very close to restaurant-style sambhar. However, when you taste it, you realize it is better than what many restaurants sell!
The sambhar we cooked using Tops Instant Mix came out really flavourful. The sourness from tamarind is just perfect. The warm spices at the end make their presence felt, in a warm, soothing way. The mustard seeds add a lot of flavor and crunch too.
Overall, it was fresh and aromatic, just as it should be. When you are short on time or have a sudden craving for sambhar, this Instant mix by Tops is worthy of your attention.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.