FunFoods Choco Lava Eggless Bake Mix Review
Sweet, soft, and spongy- Dr Oetker FunFoods Choco Lava Bake Mix is a quick and convenient answer to your cravings!
Choco lava cakes are heavenly! Spongy and fluffy cakes filled with a decadent gooey chocolatey filling. These are literally warm hugs in a bowl.
What if we told you there was a way you could prepare a choco lava cupcake at home? But without the fuss, without the 30-minute wait, and most importantly without adding a ton of different ingredients! Yes, ready-to-cook mixes!
Read Team Mishry’s Dr Oetker FunFoods Choco Lava Bake mix review to find out whether or not the lava was gooey and liquidy. Will we bake them again or do we prefer ordering in? Let’s find out!
Overall, we think Dr. Oetker Choco Lava Bake Mix is an extremely convenient option. All you need is some butter and water to turn the cake mix into a batter, and an oven. Measuring and serving cups are included in the box. It was packed conveniently- thumbs up!
As you read our FunFoods Choco Lava Eggless Bake Mix review further, you will find more details on the cooking process, the contents of the box, taste, and texture.
There are two sachets and a box in the Dr. Oetker Choco Lava Bake Mix.
The sachets contain the cake mix in one, and the lave filling in the other. The water measuring cup and serving cups are neatly stacked in the box.
You get six serving/baking cups as the contents of the box make six mini cakes.
2. Main Ingredients
Dr. Oetker Choco Lava Bake Mix ingredients are as follows-
Bake mix- sugar, wheat flour, cocoa solids, milk solids, edible starch, baking powder, and stabilizer.
Chocolate fudge- milk solids, sugar, water, palm oil, cocoa solids, liquid glucose, stabilizers, and preservatives.
We baked Dr. Oetker Choco Lava mini cakes following the instructions provided on the back of the pack.
Post-cooking, these mini cakes had a lovely, chocolaty taste. The sponge cake was well-baked, fluffy, and had just the right amount of sweetness.
Talking about the lava filling, it definitely wasn’t flowy or liquidy like advertised. It was much thicker than we expected it to be. That being said, we strongly think the lava consistency varies as per the oven one uses.
The flavors of both, the cake and the chocolate fudge were spot on! While the sponge cake was soft, fluffy, and chocolatey, the chocolate fudge was dense and silky!
We really appreciate the baking/serving cups that were packed with the bake mix and chocolate fudge. It ensured all mini cakes were identical in size and appearance.
6. Nutritional Information
Calories from cakes don’t count and we think indulging in soul-satisfying foods (sometimes) is a must.
However, the following are FunFoods Choco Lava Bake Mix calories per 100 g-
Bake mix-384.9 kcal, 10.4 g of protein, 2 g of fat, and 81.4 g of carbohydrates.
Chocolate fudge-385.6 kcal, 5.6 g of protein, 14.5 g of fat, and 58.1 g of carbohydrates.
Please note– The total calories will vary when butter is added.
One 320 g box of Dr. Oetker FunFoods Choco Lava Eggless Bake Mix is priced at INR 225.
FunFoods Choco Lava Eggless Bake Mix – Detailed Review
|Parameters||FunFoods Choco Lava Eggless Bake Mix|
|Shelf Life||Best before six months from date of packaging|
|Calories (per 100 g)||
|Number of cakes baked||With one pack of FunFoods Choco Lava Eggless Bake Mix, you can prepare six mini cakes.|
Convenience and deliciousness- FunFoods Choco Lava Bake mix was a hit!
You know how you walk past a bakery in the morning and the the aroma of freshly baked goods envelopes you? That’s how our test kitchen smelled like.
We used Amul Safed Makhkhan to prepare these choco lava cakes as its unsalted. For the batter, as mentioned on the pack, we added 140 ml (using the 50 ml measuring cup included in the pack) and used 75 g of melted butter. From this, one tablespoon was used for greasing the baking trays and the rest was added to the batter.
After heating our oven at 200 degrees celsius for 10 minutes, we placed the 3/4th filled baking trays at the same temperature for 15 minutes.
Please note – Although the pack recommends baking these mini cakes for 15 minutes, the time varies based on oven to oven. If under or overbaked, it can affect the chocolate fudge consistency.
- Dr Oetker Choco Lava bake mix is a very convenient dessert option.
- Cups for measuring and serving are included in the pack.
- These mini cakes are well-baked in under 30 minutes.
- One box is priced at Rs 225.
- One box prepares six mini lava cakes.
- The shelf life is six months.
- Only two additional ingredients are needed.
- The instructions are easy to follow.
- The measuring and baking cups are quite sturdy.
- The quantity of chocolate fudge provided is good enough for six cakes.
- The bake mix is adequately sweetened.
- The texture of the cake is soft and fluffy.
Note – While the chocolate lava wasn’t as flowy and liquidy as we would have liked it to be, the cake was gooey and fudgy on the inside. Adjusting your baking time might change the consistency of the cake centre.
Best Suited For
Midnight dessert cravings? Unannounced guests? Impromptu brunch?
Dr Oetker Choco Lava Eggless Bake Mix is something you will surely not regret!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on FunFoods Choco Lava Eggless Bake Mix.
1. Is Dr Oetker eggless choco lava bake mix good?
Yes, it is quite easy to prepare and tastes great too! The gooey centre and the fluffy texture of the cake is spot on.
2. How many cakes can we bake with a 320g pack?
You can prepare six mini cakes using the contents of one box.
3. Is FunFoods choco lava cake mix vegetarian?
Yes, the bake mix and chocolate fudge are vegetarian.
4. What is the shelf life of this mix?
FunFoods Choco Lava Bake Mix has a shelf life of six months.
5. What are the baking instructions of FunFoods choco lava bake mix?
The instructions are as follows –
- The first step is to preheat your oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees celsius.
- Next, add 140 ml of water and 75 gm of melted butter to the bake mix with the chocolate fudge. Mix it well, until no flour pockets are visible. (it is recommended to place the choco fudge pouch in a bowl of warm water before using)
- Grease the six baking cups with some melted butter as it will help in the effortless release of the lava cakes once baked.
- Fill the baking cups until they are 75% filled with the batter.
- Once the oven is preheated, place your batter-filled cups in the oven for 15 minutes. Unlike regular cakes, you will not get a clean stick/toothpick once these have been baked.
Here’s Team Mishry’s take on FunFoods Choco Lava Eggless Bake Mix. It is easy, it is tasty, and most importantly you do not need to measure out ingredients for the perfect batter. Noob bakers unite!
We also liked how the baking cups add a professional touch to the whole home-baked lava cake.
Are you a fan of choco-lava cakes?
More Cake Premix Reviews By Team Mishry
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.