Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato Chips Review – Mishry
We reviewed the Saucy Tomato chips from Garden Cruncho in our review lab. Find out more about its taste and texture in our detailed review.
Who’s your best friend when you’re binge watching your favorite series or cheering for Team India during those intense cricket matches? A crunchy bowl of chips. Pair it with your homemade burgers, sandwiches or have them straight out of the pack, most chips are addictive and you cannot stop after just 2-3.
From classic flavors including – plain salted, cream and onion, masala to new entrants like peri peri, pasta cheese and bhel flavor, there are endless flavors available in this section.
We recently came across Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato Chips and have detailed the in-depth review below. In our Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato Chips reviews, we find out if these are worth a try.
Related Reading : BRB Popped Potato Chips are a fun option for you to try!
Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato Chips – What You Need To Know
Check out below every detailed aspect that you need to know about the Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato Chips.
Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato Chips comes in a vibrant red and yellow color packaging. The nutritional information is mentioned behind the back of the pack. The 90 gm pack comes at a price of INR 35. The pack is not resealable.
2. Main Ingredients
The main ingredients used in the Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato Chips are :
Potato (55%), Refined palmolein oil, Seasoning mix powder (sugar, iodized salt, maltodextrin, acidity regulators (INS 330, INS 334), Tomato powder (0.5%), Spices & condiments (chilli, pepper black (kali mirch), ginger), Corn starch, Garlic powder, Beetroot juice powder, Edible vegetable fat (Palm), Flavor enhancers (INS 627, INS 631), Onion, Anti-caking agent (INS 551), Parsley (0.01%), and antioxidant (INS 300)).
Contains added flavors -Natural, Nature Identical, and Artificial (Tomato) flavoring substances.
One thing that we observed while reviewing these chips is that they are not evenly seasoned. Some of these chips have a tangy flavor whereas some lack the tang. These chips also have a subtle sweetness, do not taste spicy and have balanced salt levels.
4. Crunch Level
Chips are meant to be crispy and crunchy as you bite into them. The level of crunch can make or break the entire experience of having these. We loved the crispness of these chips. None of the chips from the pack were soggy.
Appearance-wise, these chips are a mix of small, medium and large sized chips. A lot of chips have burnt-brown edges.
Many times there are visible brown color along the border of potato chips. While handling heaps of potato, most of the potatoes tend to lie at the bottom and go through rough handling. This leads to the potato flesh being a bit off in color. Further, this causes the potato starch to turn into sugars at a high rate and they turn brown in color when they are fried.
The 90 gm pack of Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato Chips is priced at INR 35/-.
7. Shelf Life
Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato chips have a shelf life of 4 months.
Have you tried the Fun Flips Chips yet?
Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato Chips – Detailed Review
|Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato Chips||Product Details|
|Main Ingredients (Top 5)||Potato (55%), Refined palmolein oil, Tomato powder (0.5%), Corn starch, and Beetroot juice powder|
|Calories (per 100 gm)||553 kcal|
|Net Quantity||90 gm|
|Shelf Life||4 months|
Garden offers different kinds of chips that include banana chips and potato chips. We picked up the new Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato chips for our review. The 90 gm pack is priced at INR 35. It comes in attractive red and yellow color packaging. It is not resealable.
The tomato tang is definitely present in these chips, but it’s not even. Some are well-seasoned, while some taste a bit under seasoned. These aren’t spicy and have a mildly sweet flavor. The salt levels are up to the mark.
- These chips come in a vibrant packaging.
- The pack is not resealable.
- Shelf Life : 4 months.
- Main ingredients (Top 4) : Potato (55%), Refined palmolein oil, Tomato powder (0.5%), Corn starch.
- The 90 gm pack is priced at INR 35.
- The Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato chips are crunchy.
- It has well balanced salt levels.
- None of the chips turned soggy in the pack.
- The taste of all the chips is not the same.
- Many of the chips had visible brown spots along the edges.
Best Suited For
Love tomato flavored chips? These might be a decent option.
Also Read : Best Potato Chips Brands In India 
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Garden Cruncho Saucy Tomato Chips.
1. Are these saucy tomato chips healthy to consume?
These chips include certain ingredients such as maltodextrin, refined palmolein oil which cannot be categorized as healthy. Hence, it is best to consume these chips occasionally.
2. Are these tomato chips spicy?
No, these chips are not spicy. These have a mix of sweet and tangy flavor.
3. Do these tomato chips contain any preservatives?
Yes, these chips contain maltodextrin which is commonly used as a preservative in packaged foods.
4. Will these tomato chips remain fresh after unpacking?
To ensure that these tomato chips remain fresh post opening, make sure to transfer them in an airtight container.
5. Can these chips be paired with tea or coffee?
If you like to have something savory with your cup of tea or coffee, then definitely these chips can be that perfect accompaniment.
Other Snacks And Namkeens We Reviewed
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.