Haldiram’s Minute Khana Dal Chawal Review: #FirstImpressions
The ultimate comfort food for most Indians is probably a simple dal chawal. We tried Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Dal Chawal and here is what we think about it!
Imagine this. A piping hot bowl of dal topped with a beautifully fragrant ghee and mirch tadka. A plateful of steaming rice. A side of your favorite achaar and some crunchy papads. Is your mouth watering? Ours too.
Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Dal Chawal promises a homestyle cooked meal in just a few minutes. Will they deliver? Let’s find out!
What you need to know – Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Dal Chawal
- Serves one
- Contains milk and wheat
- The packing is recyclable
- Dehydrated weight – 90 grams
- Hydrated weight (Approx) – 290 grams
- Provides 499.2 calories per 100 grams
Tell us which dal do you absolutely love pairing with steamed rice.
Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Dal Chawal
A good option for people who have odd working hours and crave for homestyle dal-chawal.
MRP – Rs 70/-
*Price at the time of review
#FirstImpression of Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Dal Chawal
We prepared Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Dal Chawal according to instructions given on the pack. It rehydrates very well.
A small tip – Stir a little while adding water, to make sure that the hot water reaches each part of the container. The pack comes with a spoon and tissue.
Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Dal Chawal promises to be homestyle and it lives up to it. If you would make a bowlful of dal-chawal at home, this is close to how it will come out, taste-wise. Haldiram’s version is just a spicier avatar of the home-cooked ones. There is jeera added to this flavorful meal.
You can turn this into an even more satisfying meal by adding a ghee tadka or eating with your favorite accompaniment like curd/pickles.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.