Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Rava Idli Review
The best part about instant mixes is the convenience attached to them. Read our review of Haldiram’s Rava Idli instant mix to know more.
Hot, fluffy idlis with some lip-smacking sambar and thick coconut chutney are what heaven looks like. Premixes or ready-to-cook instant mixes have gained popularity amongst Indian households. The convenience of just ripping open a pack and mixing 2-3 ingredients to whip up a batch of steaming hot idlis has surely won over a lot of homemakers. We tried and tasted Haldiram’s Rava idli instant mix and here is our #FirstImpression.
What you need to know about Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Rava Idli
*As per the information given on the pack
- It does not contain artificial colors.
- No added preservatives.
- It contains wheat, mustard, and nuts.
- Makes 25-30 idlis from one pack.
Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Rava Idli
Haldiram’s Rava Idli mix is perfectly balanced and the outcome is a batch of soft and fluffy idlis.
MRP – Rs 90/- for a 500-gram pack
*Price at the time of review
#FirstImpression of Haldiram’s Minute Khana – Rava Idli
Packaging – Haldiram’s Rava Idli instant mix comes in a greenish-blue packing. There is an easy 3-step recipe given on the back of the pack, which is quite clear and concise. As per the pack, it does not contain any preservative, and artificial flavors and colors.
It is priced at 90 rupees and makes about 25-30 idlis. We feel it is a pretty good amount considering the price.
Coming to ingredients, it is made with semolina (sooji), and split Bengal gram or chana dal. This instant mix uses sunflower oil. You can visually spot the ingredients like mustard seeds, roasted chana dal, and a fair amount of green chilies and curry leaves.
Preparation – We prepared the batter and cooked the idlis according to the instructions given on the pack. While the pack says, idlis can be prepared in 10-13 minutes, it took them about 20 minutes to cook completely.
The outcome – The idlis were super soft and fluffy. The chana dal, which was well roasted, added a nice crunch which really worked for us. The additional of mustard seeds, chilies, and curry leaves added to the over flavor. The idlis were mildly spicy; thanks to the green chilies present in the mix. They were not over-salty and had the right balance of flavors. Generally, sooji (rava) idlis become dry easily, however, these idlis came out quite well. You can enjoy these with some yummy homemade coconut chutney and sambhar.
The instructions given at the back of the pack were bang on, except the idlis could be cooked a little longer for the perfect outcome. So even if you don’t know how to make idlis, you could possibly make some for yourself at home. The Haldiram’s Rava Idli instant mix gets a thumbs up from us!
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.