Induction Stove Vs Gas Stove In India – Which is Right for You? Find Out
This article contains a detailed discussion on induction stove vs gas stove in India. It also covers its price and features.
The most traditional way of cooking is the gas stove or gas cooktops. In many households, different flammable gases such as natural gas, butane, propane, or liquified petroleum gas are used as a heat source to use gas stoves. However, due to the advent of technology, an index stove or induction stove has entered our households. You need to know the differences between induction stove Vs Gas stove in India.
Along with the differences, this article will also cover the Induction Stove Cost and gas stove cost.
Table of Contents
What is gas stove?
Gas Stove is free-standing cooking equipment. It has a gas cooktop and one or two ovens.
Nowadays, electric ignition is used. That is, an electric connection is required with the gas line. So, modern gas stoves do not have pilot lights. Manufacturers are remodeling their products by incorporating a gas cooktop with an electric oven.
Gas stoves usually have stainless steel or painted finish. The trivets are either made with cast iron or stamped steel. However, cast iron is considered to be the premium option.
What is the history of gas cooktops?
In early 1820, gas stoves were developed, but they were isolated experiments. A reputed chef in London named Alexis Soyer converted his kitchen to use pipe gas. He stated that the gas could be turned off when it is required, and it was cheap.
In the early 20th century, gas stoves became commercialized in England and the European continents. Gas stoves earlier used to be unmanageable due to their size and shape. It was soon converted into the base, and the size was narrowed down to fit in better with the rest of the kitchen furniture.
The manufacturers in 1910 coated the gas stoves for better cleaning. The pilot light was used to ignite the gas. Initially, the match was used. Manufacturers developed and installed a safety valve known as a flame failure for gas stoves and ovens.
Electronic ignition, automatic timers for the oven, and built-in extractor hoods for removing fumes and gases are now included with modern gas stoves.
Gas stoves are traditionally used in most households in India and around the world as well. Owing to ever-changing technology and science development, now induction top has come along and entered our kitchens.
How does the stove work?
A customer needs to know the mechanism behind the gas stove. One must know how a gas stove functions and ignites, as it will help one’s purchasing process. It is a safe and preferred appliance for you if you want to cook pies, eggs, veggies, and other dishes at an even temperature.
1. The stove gets ignited in two ways- by pressing the button or turning off a dial.
2. The gas flows through the sources of the standing pilot and electric ignition. This does not allow the gas to fill up the room before igniting.
3. Pilot light uses a standing pilot. The pilot light is a small gas flame that burns continuously.
4. Standing pilot is located between the front and back burners.
5. The electronic ignition uses electricity to light the burners.
6. To the lit position, the knob is turned, and before the gas burner catches and creates a steady flame, a clicking sound is heard.
7. According to the preferable temperature it can be turned down.
8. The burners can be lit manually if there is no power in the house.
9. Gas protection mechanisms or gas control breakers must be connected to gas stoves that have electronic ignition.
Before we move forward to induction stove Vs gas stove in India, let us know about the induction cooker.
What is Induction cooker?
Induction cooking has gained mainstream popularity in America in the last few decades. The technology of induction cooking has been in use since the early 1990s.
Due to its increasing demand, manufacturers worldwide are now putting effort into producing cost-effective and energy-efficient models to gain popularity in many countries. Instead of using an electric or gas heated element, it directly heats pots and pans.
Electric induction maintains a consistent and accurate temperature. It is easy to maintain as the surface remains cool, so spillover and splatters don’t burn the cooktops.
How does cooking induction work?
1. The heat is produced throughout the cooking pan when an electric current is passed through a coiled copper wire underneath the cooking surface, creating a magnetic surface.
2. Due to the heat transferred from the pan, the only element in use will become hot. This is because induction does not use a traditional heat source.
3. It is more efficient as a minimal amount of heat energy is lost compared to gas cooking.
4. Instead of thermal conduction from a flame or an electrical heating element, induction cooking heats a cooking vessel by electric induction.
5. Cast iron or stainless-steel cooking vessels should be used for induction cooking.
6. The method of cooking is more efficient as the heat comes from within the pan.
7. Unless pans made of aluminum or copper have additional magnets added to their bottoms, it will not work.
8. You can check your pans viability by putting a magnet to the bottom of the pan. If it sticks, it will work.
Induction Stove Vs Gas stove in India – Let us talk about the difference!
Many professional chefs and men and women in our households use gas stoves. In every Indian household, it is a common occurrence. This is due to its flexible feature that creates a comfortable cooking atmosphere. Along with that, there is also a huge availability in the Indian market.
Let us see the gas stove comparison with electrical induction stove:
The advantages of using a gas stove are:
- The biggest advantage of using a gas stove is that it can be used when there is a power loss. You can easily cook a meal for your whole family without any issues. This gives gas stoves an edge over induction cooking.
- Once the gas stove is turned off, the heat disperses. Thus, gas cooktops remain cooler. Induction cooking distributes heat around the appliance, whereas gas stoves do not waste the heat that enters the air around the stove top. Thus, it emits low heat.
- You will get an accurate and suitable temperature to cook your food. If you want low flame or high flame, you need to turn the flame.
- This does not happen with induction as it needs more time to change the flame while the burner gets warmer or cooler.
- You can use any size and type of utensil on the gas stove to cook your food.
- Gas stoves are perfect for Indian cooking.
The disadvantages of using a gas stove are-
- Gas stoves have metal grates over which each burner holds pans, pots, and other utensils required for cooking. It gets messy when food spills around these burners, thus making it difficult to clean and maintain unlike induction, which does not have any burners.
- Every time it requires installation by a professional, you order a new gas for the gas stove.
- If it is not installed properly, there is a chance of potential danger. The chances of gas leaks can cause serious breathing problems and can also cause a fatal accident.
- While cooking on a gas stove, you cannot use a ceiling fan.
- It produces a high amount of CO2.
Induction Vs Gas
In the early 1900, induction cooking was first patented. It has become quite popular now and used by many people all over the world.
The advantages of using an induction heater for cooking-
- Since induction cooking directly supplies the energy to the cooking vessel through a magnetic field, and no heat is wasted.
- The power consumption of the induction stove is 84% while 40% is the power consumption of gas stove.
- Unlike the gas stove that remains hot after induction stays cool as heat from the induction is transferred to the cooking vessel.
- It ensures safety, unlike a gas stove where there is a chance of gas leaking. It does not produce heat and has fewer health hazards compared to gas stoves.
The disadvantages of using an induction stove cooker are:
- It only works with magnetic cooking vessels. The kind of pots and pans needed for induction is quite expensive compared to regular cooking vessels.
- It needs the power to work so if there is no electricity or disruption in power you won’t be able to cook food.
- If you have a pacemaker fitted, you cannot use the current stove.
What is the induction cooktop Vs gas cost in India?
Let us see the induction Vs gas cost in India
- Philips induction cooktop (Price of induction oven INR 2,349)
- Prestige induction cooktop (Rate of induction stove INR 2999)
- Havells induction oven (Rate of electronic gas stove INR 1,575)
- Pigeon induction oven (Induction gas price INR 1,785)
- Wonder chef induction (Electronic gas stove price INR 1,766)
- Usha cook induction (Induction gas stove price INR 1,899)
- Butterfly smart gas burner (INR 2,549)
- Prestige burner (INR 2,738)
- Lifelong gas stove (INR 2,549)
- Sunflame burner (INR 2,309)
- HP gas camp stove (Small gas cylinder with stove price INR 2,450)
- V Guard VIC10 V2 induction cooker (Induction cooker price in Kerala INR 2000/-)
This is the list of induction chulha prices in India and the rate of the gas burner. The cheap induction stove is from Havells company.
As you now know about Induction Stove Vs Gas Stove in India, some of the features of gas stove with induction and induction gas stove are:
#1 Philips induction cooktop
This electric gas stove is programmed for Indian cooking. It has an auto-off program. Cooktop cooks food safely. It has a touch start for easy use.
#2 Prestige induction cooktop
It has unique dual heat sensors. This Cooktop has an anti-magnetic wall. It can be easily maintained. This product has an automatic whistle counter.
#3 Havells induction oven
Induction Oven has a digital LED display for easy operation. It will be automatically switched off when it reaches a higher temperature.
#4 Pigeon induction oven
This electric induction stove comes with a 2100watt induction capability. With a faster cooking option, it saves a lot of electricity. It has a slim body, and the elegant design enables easy cleaning.
#5 Wonder chef induction
Its sleek and stylish design adds beauty to any kitchen. It has an advanced dual-layer coil for better heat dissipation. Induction has a push touch control button. It has an A-class micro-crystal plate for longevity.
#6 Usha cook induction
Induction has a 4-digit LED display with a feather touch panel and child lock safety. It has pan sensor technology. Induction is portable, easy to use, and maintain. It protects against abnormal voltage fluctuations.
#7 Butterfly smart gas burner
Gas burner has a unique toughened glass and spill-proof design. It has a high thermal efficiency. Gas Burner consists of a brass burner, designer knobs, and uniquely design pan support. It is easy to maintain and clean.
#8 Prestige burner
It has a 6mm superior toughened glass top. Burner has an ergonomic knob design. It has a tri pin burner for higher efficiency. Also, it is easy to clean and maintain.
#9 Lifelong gas stove
Lifelong gas stove has a 6mm beautiful toughened glass. It has anti-skid feet for easy operations. The stove has designed knobs ergonomically which has heat-resistant nylon covers for extra protection and safety.
These are the features you must know besides induction stove Vs gas stove in India.
Whether you use a gas stove or induction stove, both have some pros and cons. While you plan to purchase either of the two, weigh your priorities, budget, and safety concerns. While it is important to consider the safety of your family, it is also important to cook for your family without any disruption. So, choose wisely and take your decision.
This article contains a detailed differentiation between induction stove Vs gas stove in India and the induction stove price, gas stove cost, and features.