Jabsons Alu Lachha Original Review – Crisp Namkeen With Peanuts
Jabsons Aloo Lachha Original tastes fresh and crisp. Let’s decode more details in our review below.
A mixture of all things nice or something as classic as mathri or aloo lachha. Namkeens are a permanent fixture on our chai trays. Alu Lachha is a popular snack made using potatoes and then seasoned with different spices. Depending on the type of seasoning, it can be plain salted, spicy, or slightly sweet and tangy.
Jabsons is a popular brand that offers a number of namkeens and sweets. Earlier we reviewed 9 different flavors of peanuts, and now we picked a pack of the Alu Lacha. More details on the price, packaging, taste and appearance covered in our Jabsons Alu Lachha Original review.
Jabsons Alu Lachha Original – Everything You Need To Know
Here are all the details of Jabsons Alu Lachha Original.
Jabsons Alu Lachha Original comes in a bright yellow and white color. We reviewed the 180 gm pack which comes at a price of INR 70.
The front side of the pack mentions that these are lightly salted potato sticks. The nutritional information is mentioned behind the back of the pack. The pack is not resealable.
2. Main Ingredients
Here are all the main ingredients used in Jabsons Alu Lachha Original –
Potato (37%), Peanuts, Refined palmolein oil, Sugar, Rock salt (Sendha Namak) (1%) , Mango Powder (Amchur Powder), and White chilly.
For allergens see the ingredients in BOLD.
Alu Lachha are basically medium-long, thick potato sticks that are deep-fried and then seasoned with salt or a blend of masalas. Appearance-wise, Jabsons Alu Lachha Original are off-white in color. These are thick in shape and have been fried evenly.
Superb! We loved the overall taste of the Jabsons Alu Lachha Original. The seasoning is well coated on these potato sticks and tastes fresh.
The flavor of peanuts is quite fresh. At no point did we feel that the flavor had turned rancid. The level of salt is on the lower side. There is also a slight hint of sweetness we experienced while tasting these alu lachha.
The presence of white chilly adds a little bit of heat to these potato sticks.
5. Crispiness + Texture
This parameter judges how well these alu lachha has been fried which will ultimately result in that crisp outer layer. Jabsons Alu Lachha Original nails that perfect crispness.
6. Nutritional Information
Below is the table showcasing the nutritional information of Jabsons Alu Lachha Original :
|Jabsons Alu Lachha Original||Nutritional Information (per 100 gm)|
|Total Fat||41.4 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||3.2 gm|
The 180 gm pack is available for Rs. 70.
8. Shelf Life
The product comes with a shelf life of 6 months.
Jabsons Alu Lachha Original – Detailed Review
|Jabsons Alu Lachha Original||Product Details|
|Net Quantity||180 gm|
|Main Ingredients||Potato (37%), Peanuts, Refined palmolein oil, Sugar, Rock salt (Sendha Namak) (1%) , Mango Powder (Amchur Powder), and White chilly.|
|Calories (per 100 gm)||587.4 kcal|
|Shelf Life||6 months|
We reviewed the 180 gm pack of Jabsons Alu Lachha Original which came for a price of INR 70. The pack is not resealable. The pack mentions that these are lightly salted potato sticks.
It contains a mix of peanuts and aloo lachhas. Full marks for the fresh tasting nuts and fried potatoes. It is lower on the salt level and contains a hint of heat which is due to the presence of white chilly. Along with this there is a subtle sweetness which brings the entire mix together.
Coming to the texture, these potato sticks are perfectly crispy and are fried evenly.
- MRP 70 is the price of the 180 gm pack.
- Shelf Life : 6 months.
- Main Ingredients (Top 5 ) : Potato (37%), Peanuts, Refined palmolein oil, Sugar, and Rock Salt.
- It is trans fat and cholesterol free.
- These are lightly salted potato sticks.
- It contains no artificial flavor and preservatives.
- These potato sticks are tasty.
- They have a pronounced crunch.
- All the alu lachhas are evenly fried.
- The seasoning is well coated on these potato sticks.
- It has a delicious salty and slightly sweet flavor.
Best Suited For
Jabsons Alu Lachha Original is best suited for someone who loves potato based snacks. If you like pairing your hot cup of tea or coffee with lightly salted snacks, we recommend you to try these alu lachchas.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Jabsons Alu Lachha Original.
1. Is Jabsons alu lachha healthy?
This is a deep fried snack and contains refined palmolein oil. It is best to consume this in moderation.
2. Is this alu lachha made with palm oil?
Yes. The ingredient list mentions the use of palm oil.
3. Are these potato sticks completely vegetarian?
Yes, these potato sticks are completely vegetarian.
4. Does this product contain any preservatives?
Jabsons Alu Lachha Original does not contain any preservatives.
Other Snack Related Reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.