Karachi Bakery Biscuits Review – Tasty & Quality Cookies
Are these Karachi Bakery biscuits your new tea time partner? Let’s find out!
Founded in 1953 by a Sindhi migrant Khanchand Ramnani, Karachi Bakery has an ever-expanding customer base. From five major Indian cities to the UK, USA, and the Middle East- Karachi Bakery has lovers worldwide!
The main store is located in Hyderabad, India with 23 other stores in this city alone.
In addition to Karachi Bakery biscuits, they also sell sweets, cakes, artisan bread, and other bakery products.
For our Karachi Bakery Biscuits review, we ordered the Karachi Bakery Osmania and date biscuit variants. Taste, texture, price, packaging, and other significant parameters that help you make the adequate purchase decision are all mentioned in Team Mishry’s Karachi Bakery Biscuits review.
Karachi Bakery Variants We Tried
Karachi Bakery Sweets – Everything You Need To Know
A combination of traditions and trends, Karachi Bakery is rightly known as the ‘True Icon of Hyderabad Baking.’ To them, innovation is as significant as catering to consumers’ needs.
From the famous Karachi fruit biscuit to gluten-free biscuits coated with nuts, from artisan bread to exquisite desserts- the variety is endless!
We decided to go with the following Karachi Bakery biscuits- Osmani biscuits and Date biscuits for our review.
#1 Speciality of Brand
From fruit biscuits to sugar-free and gluten-free variants, Karachi bakery was established by Khanchand Ramnani in 1953.
Karachi Bakery is one of the very few bakeries that serve their customers online and make eggless biscuits, cakes, and cookies by using the freshest possible ingredients.
#2 Available Biscuits
Following is a list of some best-selling Karachi Bakery biscuits-
- Vegan Pistachio Millet Biscuit
- Vegan Blueberry Millet Biscuit
- Fruit Biscuits
- Kaju Badam Biscotti
- Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- Almond Biscotti
- Cashew Biscotti
- Peanut Biscotti
- Cashew Biscuits
- Chocolate Cashew Biscuits
- Almond Cake Rusk
- Chand Biscuits
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Atta Biscuits
- Ragi Cookies
- Salt Biscuits
- Sugarless Cookies
- Osmania Biscuits
- Walnut Cookies
- Multi-cereal Cookies
- Dates Biscuits
#3 Price Range
The price varies based on ingredients used and quantity.
Osmania Biscuits price in Karachi Bakery is Rs 160 for a 400 gm pack. The Karachi Bakery Date biscuits are priced at Rs 250 for a 300 gm box.
The vegan and millet-based biscuits and cookies fall in the relatively higher price range. The rusk and chocolate biscuit variants are reasonably priced.
You can find a Karachi Bakery outlet in cities like Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, and Delhi. Certain airports too have an outlet of Karachi Bakery.
Online, you can order Karachi Bakery biscuits from Amazon or the official Karachi Bakery website.
Karachi Bakery Biscuits – Our Review Factors
Our Karachi Bakery biscuits review was based on the following review factors-
1. Quality of Ingredients
The quality of ingredients used can have a significant impact on the final product. Poor quality or stale ingredients don’t just degrade the overall taste of the dish, but they also pose a threat to the consumer’s health.
Biscuits that are baked to perfection with the required ingredients in the right proportions taste delicious.
The base (flour), additional ingredients, flavoring agents, baking method, and time- all have an impact on the final taste of the product.
Although cookies and biscuits have sweet flavor notes traditionally, this sweet flavor must be balanced. The ratio of flour to sugar or other sweeteners like dates or jaggery must have a decent balance.
4. Bite/Mouth Feel
Biscuits must have a nice bite to them. But at the same time, this ‘bite’ shouldn’t be rock hard nor it should be dry and flaky.
A well-baked biscuit must have a bite to it, yet feel smooth.
Was the aroma from these Karachi Bakery biscuits fresh? Or did we detect something stale?
Karachi Bakery biscuits are relatively on the pricier end as compared to other biscuits and cookies.
The fact that Karachi Bakery biscuits are handmade and are prepared using quality ingredients justifies the price.
Karachi Bakery Biscuits – Detailed Review
|Parameters||Karachi Bakery Osmania Biscuits||Karachi Bakery Date Biscuits|
|Price||INR 160||INR 250|
|Main Ingredients||Refined Wheat Flour, Edible Vegetable Oil, Sugar, Table Butter, Milk Solids, Iodized Salt.||Refined Wheat Flour, Atta, Dates, Sugar, Edible Vegetable Oil, Butter, SMP, Liquid Glucose.|
|Shelf Life||Five months||Five months|
|Available Sizes||400 gm, 800 gm||300 gm|
|Calories||546 kcal (per 100 gm)||553 kcal (per 100 gm)|
#1 Karachi Bakery Osmania Biscuits
Typically, Osmania biscuits have a rich milky taste and a buttery mouth-feel. Osmania biscuits are super smooth on the palate, owing to the richness of the ingredients that go in the making. In addition to this, Osmania biscuits also have a mild saffron flavor.
Let’s see if the Karachi Bakery Osmania Biscuits taste like they are supposed to.
- Karachi Bakery Osmania biscuits are handmade using a brand new recipe.
- These biscuits have a shelf life of five months.
- You get four servings in one box.
- Each serving (100 gm) provides 546 calories of energy.
- Karachi Bakery Osmania Biscuits have a cookie-like thickness.
- One piece of the Karachi Bakery Osmania biscuits weighs 17-18 gm approximately.
- Karachi Bakery Osmania Biscuits are packed in a sturdy tray.
- All pieces were evenly baked.
- No piece was broken and most of them were identical in shape and size.
- One 17-18 gm piece is quite filling.
- This sweet biscuit has a mildly salty aftertaste.
- The buttery smoothness is spot-on. It isn’t too greasy.
Best Suited For
Biscuits that leave a lingering buttery smoothness on the palate with tea- a classic combination. If you’re looking for a mildly-flavored, rich cookie- this Karachi Bakery biscuit is something you could try.
#2 Karachi Bakery Date Biscuits
Karachi Bakery Date biscuits are handmade vegetarian cookies. The primary ingredients used in this preparation include refined wheat flour, atta, dates, sugar, edible vegetable oil, butter, skimmed milk powder, and liquid glucose.
These biscuits were packed in a tray and further sealed. The sealed tray is packed in a cardboard box.
Read further to know more about these dome-shaped date cookies.
- Vanilla flavoring agent has been added to the Karachi Bakery Date biscuits.
- The 300 gm box is priced at Rs 250.
- These biscuits have a shelf life of five months.
- You are recommended to transfer the contents to an airtight container to retain freshness.
- These biscuits have a date-centered filling.
- The outer layer of these biscuits has a great crunch.
- We quite liked the vanilla aroma these date biscuits had.
- The dates used as center add a chewy texture to these crunchy biscuits.
- Though the outer layer has a nice crunch, we missed more flavor in it.
- The dates may seem too sticky to some.
Best Suited For
If you love dipping your biscuits in tea or coffee, these crunchy yet chewy Karachi Bakery Date biscuits might work well for you.
Karachi Bakery Biscuits – Which One Stands Out?
Of the two Karachi Bakery Biscuits we tried, we have a clear winner.
The Karachi Bakery Osmania biscuits tasted exactly as we expected them to!
Buttery smoothness and milky richness- we couldn’t stop at just one piece.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on karachi bakery biscuits review
1. Are Karachi bakery biscuits healthy?
Since these biscuits are calorie-dense, we recommend our readers exercise portion control.
2. Do Karachi bakery biscuits contain eggs?
Most biscuit and cookie variants are eggless.
3. What biscuits are famous in the Karachi bakery?
Karachi Bakery Biscuits like fruit biscuits, almond biscotti, chocolate cashew cookies, and vegan blueberry cookies are among the best sellers.
4. Are Karachi bakery biscuits available online?
Yes, on Amazon and the Karachi Bakery website.
5. Are Karachi bakery biscuits available on Swiggy?
The Karachi Bakery biscuit availability on Swiggy differs from location to location.
There you have it- Team Mishry’s take on two Karachi Bakery biscuit variants.
We tried the Osmania biscuits and the date biscuits. Safe to say, we have a clear winner- the Osmania biscuits. These Karachi Bakery biscuits had a rich buttery taste but were not too heavy on the palate or greasy on our fingers. We liked these!
Have you tried Karachi Bakery biscuits before? If yes, which is your favorite?
*If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.