Kurkure Playz Masala Trangles & Masala Puffs Review – Mishry
We tried both the variants from the Kurkure Playz range – Masala Trangles and Masala Puffs. Check out below which one we loved more!
Kurkure is well-known for the delicious, masaledaar varieties of namkeens and chips it offers. From an eclectic Multigrain Curry And Herbs Flavor to something with a tinge of green chutney – the brand has added another line up to its existing range of products known as Kurkure Playz. There are two new variants launched in this range – Masala Trangles and Masala Puffs.
Our Kurkure Playz review discusses the taste, shape, texture, price and packaging of both the variants. We also discuss the ingredients used. Are these worth trying? Team Mishry finds out.
Kurkure Playz Review – Everything You Need To Know
Here is everything you need to know about before starting with the Kurkure Playz review.
Kurkure has introduced a vibrant and eye-catching packaging for Kurkure Playz range. The Masala Trangles comes in a pink color pack and the Masala Puffs come in a light purple color pack. These packs are not resealable.
2. Available Variants
Kurkure Playz is available in two variants :
- Masala Trangles
- Masala Puffs
3. Available Quantities
These are available in quantities ranging from 33 gm to 58 gm.
4. Price Range
The price range for these variants is between Rs. 10 to Rs. 20.
5. Shelf Life
These come with a shelf life of 4 months.
Kurkure Playz – Our Review Factors
In this section, we have listed our review factors in detail!
Kurkure are known for their masaledaar chips and snacks. We gauged both the variants for the taste of the masala, spice levels, saltiness, and how well does the masala coat the chips. Is there any overpowering flavor of a certain ingredient?
2. Texture and crunch
Texture is determined on how crunchy and crispy these snacks are.
The way a bag of chips look can enhance or break the overall experience. The Masala Trangles have a unique triangle shape and are yellow in color. The Masala Puffs have a shape similar to a cashew, but larger and thicker. How consistent are they in shape and size?
Did we feel a nose-tingling masaledaar aroma? If yes, which is the most dominant smell?
Kurkure Playz Flavors- Detailed Review
Here is a tabular comparison of the Kurkure Playz variants :
|Parameters||Masala Trangles||Masala Puffs|
|Price||INR 20||INR 20|
|Quantity||58 gm||55 gm|
|Main Ingredients||Refined Wheat flour (Maida), Edible Vegetable Oil (Palmolein oil), Maize Starch, Sugar, Iodised Salt||Corn meal, Edible Vegetable oil (palm olein oil), Rice meal, Gram meal, Wheat flour (Atta)|
|Shelf Life||4 months||4 months|
|Calories (per 100 gm)||501||534|
1. Masala Trangles
These triangle-shaped snacks come in a vibrant pink colored pack. The masaledaar aroma is prominent. Flavor wise cumin and coriander were the most noticeable spices. These ‘chips’ are tangy, have a balanced salt level with a low chilli level.
These masala triangles have a fresh taste. On the parameter of crunch and texture, we give full marks to these Masala Trangles.
- Price of the 58 gm pack is Rs. 20.
- It comes with a shelf life of 4 months.
- Main ingredients (Top 6) : Refined Wheat flour (Maida), Edible Vegetable Oil (Palmolein oil), Maize Starch, Sugar, Iodised Salt.
- The packaging is vibrant.
- Contains added flavor (Natural & Nature Identical Flavoring Substances).
- These trangles have a crisp texture.
- The salt levels are balanced.
- These trangles are fresh in taste, with no oily aftertaste.
Best Suited For
Quick snacking options? This masala trangles is the perfect option to carry along. Since these are low on the spice level, you can also serve these to your kids.
2. Masala Puffs
The second variant we reviewed is the Masala Puffs. These thick, cashew shaped snack come packed in a light purple colored pack. It is not resealable. The aroma of garlic and dry masalas is the most prominent.
The puffs are well-coated with masalas. This fresh-tasting snack has the signature flavor of cornmeal and tang from amchur. The spice levels are low. The slight hint of garlic and mild sweetness brings out a delicious flavor in these masala puffs.
Our issue with these puffs lie with the lack of crunch. We definitely feel the texture of these otherwise airy puffs could be improved.
- Main Ingredients (Top 4 ) : Corn meal, Edible Vegetable oil (palm olein oil), Rice meal, Gram meal, Wheat flour (Atta).
- The shelf life is 4 months.
- The 20 Rs. pack comes with a net quantity of 55 gm.
- The pack cannot be resealed.
- The spice and salt levels are well balanced.
- The subtle flavor of garlic tastes delicious.
- The flavor of corn meal is present.
- The level of crunch in this variant is lower than the Kurkure trangles.
Best Suited For
If you love corn based snacks, this variant will not disappoint you.
Our Top Picks & Recommendations
Both the variants that we reviewed above are fresh tasting , flavorful, low on spice level and contain balanced salt. Amongst the two, the Masala Trangles seems to be a clear winner in the texture department. The crunch of this variant is spot-on! The Masala Puffs, although delicious, are slightly low on that parameter.
Our review of Kurkure Playz turned out to be a positive experience. Kurkure Playz are flavorful and contain a balanced level of seasoning. Though we loved the crunch of the Masala Trangles variant, the same was missing in the Masala Puffs variant.
Have you tried any of the above flavors from the Kurkure Playz range? If yes, do let us know how your experience turned out.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Kurkure Playz
1. Is this product healthy to consume?
Kurkure Playz has certain ingredients which are best consumed in moderation. Regular consumption of any packaged snack is not advisable.
2. Is Kurkure Playz very spicy?
Both the variants are low on spice.
3. Does Kurkure Playz contain preservatives?
Yes, the ingredient list of the Masala Puffs variant mentions the use of dextrose. Dextrose is commonly used as an artificial sweetener and also as a preservative.
4. Does the product remain as crispy as it was before unpacking?
After opening the pack, make sure to transfer the remaining contents in an airtight container to maintain the crispness.
5. Does this product contain any artificial colors?
Yes, the Masala Puffs variant contains artificial color in the form of Calcium Carbonate. No artificial colors are used in the Masala Trangles variant.
Other Related Reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.