Nestle Kitkat Dessert Delight Bars Review – We Tried All 3
Chocolate-covered crunchy wafer bars in three flavor variants? We tried the all-new Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Bars. Can you guess our favorite?
We all love desserts! And who can say no to a piece of chocolate? Imagine a bar of chocolate with the addition of dessert-like textures and flavors! Yum!
The all-new Dessert Delight range by Nestlé KitKat brings three variants of chocolate bars with a ‘flavored dessert inspiration’.
These are- Heavenly Brownie Kubes, Tempting Truffle, and Choco Pudding.
Team Mishry’s Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Bars review talks about everything from price and packaging to taste and texture. Have a fun read!
Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight is available in three flavor variants. Each of these dessert-inspired chocolate bars by Kitkat uses one of the following- dark chocolate or milk chocolate.
Unlike the regular KitKat fingers, the new variants of Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Bars are further shaped as smaller cubes.
Crunchy wafers covered in chocolate- does the dessert flavor stand out? Would we recommend the new dessert variants or do we prefer the classic KitKat finger sticks? Let’s find out!
1. Available Flavours
The Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Bars are available in three flavors. These are Heavenly Brownie Kubes, Tempting Truffle, and Choco Pudding.
These coated and flavored dessert-inspired chocolate bars have a premium-looking packaging.
2. Available Sizes
The Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight bars are available in 50 gm and 150 gm packs.
You can also avail the combo pack which comprises one 50 gm of each flavor.
3. Form Factor
Kitkat’s dessert-inspired chocolate bars are divided into 12 bite-sized cubes. There are three sticks that are divided into four cubes.
4. Main Ingredients
Cocoa butter, cocoa solids, wafer (refined wheat flour, hydrogenated vegetable fats, sugar, iodized salt) are the common ingredients used in all three Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Bars.
The dark/milk chocolate varies based on flavor. All three variants use around 69% of chocolate.
Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight bars can be ordered online from Amazon. You can also find these new KitKat variants at a departmental store.
Nestle Kitkat Dessert Delight Bars – Our Review Factors
‘Have a break, have a KitKat!’ When we think of Kitkat, we think of a crunchy wafer biscuit covered in chocolate.
Infused with cafe-style desserts like brownies and truffles, we were intrigued to taste the brand new Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight bars.
In addition to the taste and flavor, we also discuss the aroma, price, packaging, and of course the crunch in our Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Bars review.
Do we taste chocolate? Do we taste the dessert? Is there a balance or does one element overshadow the other?
Since these are dessert-inspired chocolate bars, did they do justice to the name tag? Do the flavors marry well? What about the chocolatey flavor? Is it too much or just right?
Are the new Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight bars crunchy? Or did we have to freeze them a bit?
Eyes (okay, the camera) eat first, then the nose, finally we do. A chocolatey aroma is sure to be present. However, does the dessert flavor make its presence felt with the aroma?
The 50 gm bars of Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight are priced in the Rs 50-60 range.
The price varies based on the flavor variant.
Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Bar Flavours – Detailed Review
|Parameters||Nestle Kitkat Tempting Truffle||Nestle Kitkat Choco Pudding||Nestle Kitkat Heavenly Brownie Kubes|
|Price||INR 55||INR 50||INR 60|
|Quantity||50 gm||50 gm||50 gm|
|Chocolate used||Cocoa||Milk chocolate||Dark Chocolate|
1. Nestle Kitkat Dessert Delight Truffle
Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Tempting Truffle is a bar of cocoa-flavored wafer cubes that have a chocolate coating.
Resembling the taste and texture of a truffle pastry, this Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight variant is made with 69% milk chocolate.
Following is the nutritional information for this Nestle Kitkat variant-
Per serve (3 cubes)- 57 calories, 0.8 grams of protein, 6.4 grams of carbohydrates, and 3.2 grams of fat.
- Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Tempting Truffle is packed in a box and has a separate gold foil wrapping inside.
- There are 12 bite-sized truffle-flavored chocolate squares.
- The 50 gm bar is priced at Rs 55.
- It has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture.
- This Kitkat variant has an added vanilla flavor.
- This Nestle Kitkat variant does give a dessert-like feel.
- The crunchy aspect of the wafer was intact.
- The chocolate coating adds a separate layer of texture, in addition to the crunch.
- The packing feels premium when taking price into consideration.
- Truffles typically have a liquid/semi-solid filling at the center. Though this tasted like a truffle, the filling was crunchy.
Best Suited For
If truffles are your go-to to beat the sweet cravings, here’s something you would like.
Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight in the Tempting Truffle variant does justice to the name tag in terms of taste and flavor. These bite-sized truffle-flavored chocolate squares provide a satiating effect while not being overloaded with calories.
2. Nestle Kitkat Dessert Delight Choco Pudding
‘Cream caramel-flavored dessert inspiration’ is what the pack of the Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Choco Pudding mentions at the bottom.
This chocolate bar has a cream caramel flavored chocolate coating over wafer cubes.
68.8% milk chocolate has been used in the making. Following is the nutritional information for Nestle Kitkat Choco Pudding variant-
Per serve (3 cubes)- 55 calories, 0.8 grams of protein, 6.4 grams of carbohydrates, and 2.9 grams of fats.
- This Nestle Kitkat variant is wrapped in foil and has a separate outer packaging.
- Per serve amounts to 3% of the GDA of an average adult.
- It contains natural identical cream caramel flavor and artificial vanilla flavor.
- This chocolate bar is suitable for vegetarians.
- It has a shelf life of 12 months.
- This KitKat chocolate bar contains 12 bite-sized pieces.
- There is a rich chocolatey aftertaste.
- The caramel flavor is spot-on!
- The vanilla flavoring may feel a bit too intense to some.
Best Suited For
Pudding in a bite? This Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight bar is creamy and has a pleasant flavor of caramel.
The cocoa and chocolate flavors are quite well balanced.
3. Nestle Kitkat Dessert Delight Brownie Kubes
Similar to other variants of this range, the Heavenly Brownie Kubes is first wrapped in a foil. There is an outer cardboard covering to the same. It has a vibrant red and black abstract design on the front. At the back, you would find the nutritional information, storage instructions, and a little information on how the brand curated this flavor variant.
Following is the nutritional information for this Nestle Kitkat variant-
Per serve (3 cubes)- 59 calories, 0.6 grams of protein, 6.4 grams of carbohydrates, and 3.5 grams of fats.
- This KitKat chocolate bar is made with 69% dark chocolate.
- The chocolate slab has been divided into 12 cubes.
- One 50 gm bar contains four serves.
- This variant is inspired by a dark brownie.
- This Kitkat variant has a nice crunch.
- The dark chocolate can be tasted well.
- It resembles the texture of the ‘Chunky’ Kitkat.
- We couldn’t really taste the brownie flavor.
Best Suited For
The Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Bar in the Heavenly Brownie Kube variant is a delight for dark chocolate lovers!
It has a decent amount of calories per serve. Due to temperature changes, a whitish layer may be formed over the surface. That does not affect the taste or fitness for consumption.
Kitkat Dessert Delight Bars vs Kitkat Classic – What’s the Difference?
The major difference between the new Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Bars and the classic variant is the cocoa taste they have. While the dessert bars have 9-25% of cocoa solids, the classic variant has only 4% of the same. This definitely explains the deeper cocoa flavors coming from the dessert delight bars.
Form-wise, the dessert bars are three sticks divided into four cubes each. For the classic variant, you get three finger-sized chocolate-covered sticks.
While the dessert variants have varying levels of sweetness due to the infusion of dessert flavors and textures, the classic variant is quite sweet.
Nestle Kitkat Dessert Delight – Which Flavour Stands Out?
Of the three Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight variants we tried, our favorite was the Tempting Truffle variant.
Perfect crunch, well-balanced sweetness, variety of textures, and a truffle-like taste- this was a pretty great chocolate bar!
That being said, if you prefer dark chocolates over milk- you could try the Heavenly Brownie from this KitKat range.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Bars
1. What is the Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight price?
Answer: A 50-gram bar is priced in the range of Rs 50-60.
2. Is KitKat Dessert Delight gift pack available?
Answer: Yes, a gift pack with one 50 gram bar of all three flavors is available on Amazon.
3. How can we store the KitKat Dessert Delight Bars?
Answer: You are recommended to store these chocolate bars in a cool and dry place.
4. How many calories are in KitKat Dessert Delight Bars?
Answer: Per serve, three cubes offer 55-60 calories.
5. What are the available flavors in KitKat Dessert Delight Bars?
Answer: Tempting Truffle, Heavenly Brownie, and Choco Pudding are the available flavors in the 50-gram bar range.
Summary- Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight Bars
Dessert-inspired chocolate bars? The Nestle KitKat Dessert Delight bars are bite-sized cubes of dessert-flavored chocolate wafer biscuits.
Among the three variants we tried, we liked the Tempting Truffle the most. It had a decent crunch, the chocolate flavor was quite good, and overall the truffle taste was also noticed.
When comparing with the classic Kitkat variant, we observed the Dessert variants have a deeper and more intense cocoa flavor.
*If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.