Nutralite Doodh Shakti Probiotic Butter Spread Review – With Vitamins + Probiotics
How is Nutralite Doodh Shakti Probiotic butter spread different from other butter brands? Is it the taste? Nutritional values? Let’s find out.
From parathas to pancakes, and everything in between, butter is one of those fat spreads that uplifts flavors to a completely different level. It lends richness as butter is prepared by churning the cream of milk. The creamy mouthfeel and flavor make this ingredient a pantry staple across the globe!
In addition to the good fats, imagine if your butter is rich in gut-friendly probiotics too. A new launch by Nutralite is their Doodh Shakti butter spread that is fortified with vitamins and probiotics. Were parameters like spreadability, creaminess, taste, and aroma affected owing to the addition of these micronutrients? If yes, to what extent?
Find out in Team Mishry’s Nutralite Doodh Shakti Probiotic Butter spread review.
Vegan? Does peanut butter interest you?
Nutralite Doodh Shakti Probiotic Butter Spread – What You Need To Know
Key details about Nutralite Doodh Shakti Probiotic butter spread are discussed here.
This block of butter is dual-packed with a sheet of paper first and then a carton.
2. Main Ingredients
The main ingredients are- Butter (82.5%), Water, Common Salt, Emulsifiers (INS 471, INS 322), Preservatives (INS 202, INS 200), Acidity Regulator (INS 330), Probiotics (L. rhamnosus UALr 06, L reuteri UALre-16), Sequestering Agent (INS 385), Antioxidants (INS 319), Vitamin A, Vitamin D2, and Vitamin E.
To get a fair idea of the taste, we reviewed this butter over slices of untoasted and toasted bread. Is it adequately salted? Would this serve as an all-purpose butter, for instance with pancakes, paranthas, or to prepare a makhani gravy?
Was the characteristic buttery aroma present? If yes, did it intensity when applied on toasted slices?
Fresh or stale? Milky or creamy? What was the flavor of the butter like?
6. Nutritional Information
Here is the nutritional information for Nutralite Doodh Shakti Probiotic butter spread.
Per 10-gram serve, there’s 63.2 Kcal which is divided as 7 grams of fat, 0.05 grams of protein, with 0 grams of carbohydrates.
7. Price Range
A 100-gram block is priced at Rs 52 which is marginally higher than other commercially available butter.
8. Shelf Life
This has a shelf life of nine months.
Nutralite Doodh Shakti Probiotic Butter Spread – Detailed Review
|Nutralite Doodh Shakti Probiotic Butter||Product Details|
|Main Ingredients (Top 5)||Butter (82.5%), Water, Common Salt, Emulsifiers, Preservatives, Acidity Regulator|
|Net Quantity||100 grams|
|Nutritional Facts||7 grams of fat, 0.05 grams of protein, and 0 grams of carbohydrates.|
|Calories||Per 10-gram serve- 70 Kcal|
|Shelf Life||Nine months|
The block of butter is carefully packed in a sheet of paper and further placed in a carton. Visually, this looked significantly lighter and had a pale yellow appearance. The block emitted an inviting fresh and buttery aroma.
Just like the brands were reviewed in our Best Butter Brands in India review, the testing process for Nutralite was divided into two stages too- untoasted and toasted bread slices along with a raw tasting.
PS- We kept the block of butter at room temperature for around eight hours before reviewing it.
With our butter, butter knife, and bread slices ready- we dove right in.
Stage one- Untoasted bread slices
Here we judged the taste, spreadability, and aroma at room temperature. Nutralite Doodh Shakti Probiotic butter had retained the firm texture but had turned soft enough to be spreadable. We applied a generous layer over a few slices of English Oven Premium White bread.
The butter wasn’t too smooth in terms of spreadability, a little effort was needed. The taste and aroma felt fresh and rich. That said, this was ever-so-slightly low on salt.
Stage two- Toasted bread slices
For this stage, we toasted our bread slices using the two-slice toaster by Bajaj. The application was easier as the butter melts easily on warm surfaces. Additionally, the taste was enhanced. Fortunately, there were no rancid oily tastes or aromas.
Generally, the only ingredients a block of butter would have are- butter and iodized salt. Therefore, we were surprised to see soy on the list. On the other hand, the ‘probiotic’ promise is not just a claim, the detailed ingredient list backs it.
Probiotics like L. rhamnosus UALr 06 and L reuteri UALr-16 are added. While the former prevents the growth of harmful bacteria in the stomach and intestines, the latter promotes the production of antimicrobial molecules.
Additionally, vitamins like A, D2, and E are also added.
- A 100-gram carton is priced at Rs 52.
- It has a shelf life of nine months.
- Main Ingredients- Butter (82.5%), Water, Common Salt, Emulsifiers (INS 471, INS 322), Preservatives (INS 202, INS 200), Acidity Regulator (INS 330), Probiotics (L. rhamnosus UALr 06, L reuteri UALre-16), Sequestering Agent (INS 385), Antioxidants (INS 319), Vitamin A, Vitamin D2, and Vitamin E.
- This has decent spreadability.
- The taste and aroma were fresh.
- The butter is rich and creamy.
- Going by the ingredient list, the ‘probiotic’ claim is delivered well.
- Most brands of butter do not use preservatives or emulsifiers, which are used in Nutralite.
Best Suited For
Marginally lower on salt, and fortified with vitamins and probiotics, if these facts interest you, we recommend trying Nutralite Doodh Shakti Probiotic butter spread.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Nutralite Doodh Shakti Probiotic Butter spread.
1. Is this butter spread gluten-free?
The ingredient list does not mention any gluten-based ingredients.
2. Does this butter spread contain any additional flavor enhancers?
No, it does not contain any flavor enhancers. However, this butter does contain some preservatives and emulsifiers.
3. Does this butter require refrigeration after unpacking?
The storage conditions are subject to the regional climate. We stored this at room temperature as the temperatures in our city range from 18-20 degrees.
4. Can this butter be used as a seasoning in other dishes?
Yes, you can use this like regular table butter.
5. Does this butter contain too much fat in its composition?
Yes, like all kinds of butter, it is primarily a fat spread with a minimal amount of protein.
Nutralite Doodh Shakti Probiotic Butter spread was a hit on taste and spreadability. Though the mention of soy left us confused, the detailed ingredient list is appreciated.
Do you prepare butter at home, or prefer store-bought variants?
Better Butter? Check These
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.