Open Secret Assorted Nutty Cookies Review: Gourmet Cookies with Delightful Taste
Nutty snacks with just the right amount of chocolate! Have you tried the Open Secret Cookies?
When hunger strikes, we tend to pick anything that we can get our hands on. More often than not, it’s a high calorie snack that we end up regretting just moments after wolfing it down. If not high in calories, it’s full of hidden sugars or ingredients that we don’t recognise. Which is why it is essential to stock up on healthy, good-for-you snacks that also provide some gratification.
Open Secret has a range of ‘cookies’ that claim to be maida-free, low on sugar and full of nuts. We tried all three variants from their range and tested them for their flavor, texture, list of ingredients and nutritional label. Here is our Open Secret Assorted Cookies Review.
Open Secret Assorted Nutty Cookies- Variants We Tried
Open Secret Assorted Nutty Cookies- Everything You Need To Know
Here is all that you need to know about the Open Secret Assorted Nutty Cookies.
1. Available Variants
The Open Secret Cookies are available in three flavors –
- Open Secret Peanut Butter Nutty Cookies
- Open Secret Choco Almond Nutty Cookies
- Open Secret White Choco Cashew Nutty Cookies
Open Secret Cookies are packed in a very interesting and attractive way. All the cookies are wrapped individually and placed inside a paper book-like holder and slid into a larger box. Each box contains 2 cookies.
3. Available Sizes
There are many sizes available for Open Secret Nutty Cookies –
An assortment of cookies and individual flavors in packs of 6, 10, 12, 14, 15, 20, 25 and 30.
4. Main Ingredients
The brand claims that these cookies are free of any maida and are full of nuts. When we scanned the label we found that the main ingredients used to make these cookies are nuts, chocolate compound, honey, rice crispies and peanuts. Detailed information on the list of ingredients is given below.
Each box holds two cookies. Each box is 25 gms and holds two cookies of 12.5 grams each.
6. Nutritional Information
The calorie count of each cookie is between 52 Kcal to 61 Kcal.
Open Secret Nutty Cookies– Our Review Factors
To review the Open Secret Nutty Cookies we gauged them on the following parameters –
This is a defining factor for any taste-based review. How tasty is the cookie? How do all the ingredients pair well with each other? Is the combination and ratio of chocolate, nuts and rice crispies in harmony with each other? Do the nuts taste fresh or are they rancid?
Crispy, crunchy or soggy? Are the cookies crispy and crunchy? Do they have a firm bite or are they soft?
3. Quality of Ingredients
What all goes into the making of this snack? What is the percentage of nuts? Which are the sources of sugar? Are they healthy or does it have a lot of refined sugar?
4. Nutri Label
What the nutrition label spells out, helps us decode the product better.
The fact that this is supposed to be a healthier version of an otherwise maida-dominated cookie, the calorie count and sugar content matters a lot.
5. Value For Money
How are the cookies priced? Are they value for money?
Open Secret Assorted Cookies Combo– Detailed Review
We compared all three flavors of assorted cookies for their price, calories per cookie, sugar content and shelf life.
|Flavor||Peanut Butter||Choco Almond||White Choco Cashew|
|Price||Rs 35/-||Rs 35/-||Rs 35/-|
|Calories||61 Kcal||52.1 Kcal||57 Kcal|
|Shelf life||6 months||6 months||6 months|
1. Peanut Butter Nutty Cookies
Packed in an orange box, the Open Secret Peanut Butter Nutty Cookies holds two individually wrapped cookies. They are round shaped with the milk chocolate disc at the bottom. On top of the chocolate disc is the layer of rice crispies and nuts. There is a slight drizzle of milk chocolate on top of the cookie.
The mix of smooth, sweet milky chocolate and crunchy rice crispies, peanuts and oats is delicious. The nuts are fresh tasting and the bar is mildly chewy. This makes for a wholesome snack.
- Each box contains two cookies which are individually wrapped.
- A box with 2 cookies is priced at Rs 35/-.
- Each cookie provides 61 Kcal of energy.
- Ingredients – Milk compound (25%), Milk solids, Cocoa solids, Emulsifier, Peanuts (18.5%), Honey, Oats (15%), Peanut butter (10%), Rice krispy (9.7%), Liquid glucose, Sugar, Antioxidant, Edible common salt, Cocoa butter.
- Contains added flavour
- We liked the crispy-chewy texture of the cookie.
- The combination of milk chocolate and peanuts works very well.
- The sweetness is balanced. At no point did we feel that the sugar was overwhelming.
- This ‘cookie’ has no maida, making it a better snacking option than a bag of chips or a refined flour based biscuit.
Best Suited For
These are the perfect travel friendly option and you can carry them in your office/school tiffin. People looking for a maida-free snack option would find this to be a pocket friendly option.
2. Choco Almond Nutty Cookies
Packed in a purple pack, the Choco Almond Nutty Cookies by Open Secret are packed similarly to the above-mentioned variant.
The fresh-tasting thick chunky almonds, the mild saltiness and the intense dark chocolate flavor combine beautifully. The sugar levels are balanced and we like how crispy this variant is.
- Each cookie is 12.5 gms and provides 52.1 Kcal of energy.
- Almonds (26%), Dark compound (25%), Cocoa solids, Emulsifiers, Peanuts (22%), Honey, Rice krispy (5%), Oligo fructose, Sugar, Sunflower oil, Liquid glucose, Cocoa powder, Antioxidant, Edible common salt, Cocoa butter.
- The nuts, almonds and peanuts, are fresh-tasting.
- We liked the balanced sweetness of the cookie.
- The dark chocolate and roasted almond combination is intense and loved by all of us.
- The ratio of nuts, chocolate, rice krispies is just perfect.
Best Suited For
Love the combination of dark chocolate and roasted almonds? This variant of the Open Secret Cookie is for you.
3. White Chocolate Cashew Nutty Cookies
Packed in a vibrant blue box, the cashew nutty cookies by Open Secret are white chocolate based. White chocolate is known to be sweeter than the other variants of chocolate and can really turn any dish a tad bit overwhelmingly sweet. That wasn’t the case here.
The cookie is crisp by itself and the crunch of the cashews and peanuts enhance the texture even further. This variant was sweeter and crispier than the other two.
- Each cookie provides 57 Kcal of energy.
- Ingredients – Cashew (25%), White compound (24%), Milk solids, Emulsifier, Peanuts (24%), Honey, Rice krispies (7.5%), Liquid glucose, Antioxidant, Edible common salt.
- Contains added flavour
- The cookie is very crisp.
- The nuts are fresh tasting and crunchy.
- We liked the fact that the white chocolate did not make this unbearingly sweet.
Best Suited For
People who love white chocolate and cashews would appreciate this tiny ‘cookie’.
Our Top Pick & Recommendations – Which Flavour Stands Out?
While we liked all three variants of the Open Secret Cookies, the Choco Nutty Almond Cookie had our heart. The deep nutty flavor of almonds and notes of dark chocolate make a delicious combination and something that you want to keep going back for.
From the chocolate disc at the bottom to the nutty top and balanced sweetness, the Open Secret Cookies have something for everyone.
Final Verdict – Open Secret Cookies
Travel friendly and definitely value for money! Available in three different chocolate-nut combinations, you can choose as per your preference.
Within 35/- bucks you get two maida-free ‘cookies’ which border towards an energy/snack bar. Each cookie is 12.5 gms, and roughly provides 50 to 60 calories which is not bad for an evening snack with coffee. This does not have maida so people who are trying to avoid the high calorie, buttery, decadent chocolate cookie can relish these.
Have you tried products from Open Secret before? How was your exprencie. Tell us about it in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Open Secret Assorted Nutty Cookies.
1. How many cookies will we get with this pack ?
Each box holds two cookies. Each cookie weighs 12.5 grams.
2. Are open secret assorted cookies healthy?
The Open Secret Cookies are free of any maida and contain a high percentage of nuts. While these are a better alternative in comparison to regular refined flour cookies with sparse amounts of nuts, these cannot be labeled as a healthy snack.
3. Are these cookies vegetarian?
Yes. All the variants of the Open Secret Cookies are vegetarian.
4. Do these cookies contain allergens?
All the Open Secret Cookies contain nuts. People with nut allergies are advised not to consume these.
5. What is the shelf life of open secret nutty cookies?
The shelf life of the Open Secret Cookies is 6 months from the date of manufacturing.
6. What is Oligofructose?
Oligofructose or Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) is used as an alternative sweetener that comparatively has a reduced calorific value. It has been found to stimulate the activity of a number of health-stimulating intestinal bacteria.
More such reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.