Paper Boat Swing Pulpy Orange Juice Drink Review
Paper Boat Swing Pulpy Orange Juice is light on the palate and on the tummy. It has a fresh taste.
Be it summers or heavy pouring monsoons, staying hydrated, keeping the electrolytes balanced is essential throughout the year.
Fruit juices are a refreshing alternative to milk and yogurt/curd-based beverages. And what better way to stay hydrated than a glass of fruit juice with zero-preservatives and zero-added color?
Paper Boat initially offered a range of mango-flavored beverages in pouch packaging. Soon, it introduced other fruity beverages with an array of other F&B products like chikki, milkshakes, and even a ready-to-drink thandai!
In 2020, a new line of beverages was launched – Swing Plus Juice. Following the Paper Boat Guava and Lychee review, we decided to test another variant.
In our Paper Boat Swing Pulpy Orange Juice review we talk about the consistency, taste, sweetness levels, and compare it with a glass of freshly squeezed, homemade OJ. How ‘pulpy’ is Paper Boat’s OJ?
Table of Contents
Paper Boat Swing Pulpy Orange Juice– Everything You Need To Know
Paper Boat Swing Pulpy Orange juice, like other variants from this brand, comes in a resealable pouch. Light on the palate and pocket, this packaged orange juice has a thinner consistency when compared to other brands of packaged juices available in the market.
That being said, the overall taste was quite fresh. It had a mild flavor and aroma. Here is some more info.
Paper Boat Swing Pulpy Orange Juice is made with water, sugar, orange juice concentrate (1.8%), orange cells (0.9%), citric acid, iodized salt, and others.
The orange juice concentrate and orange cells are equivalent to 15% of orange juice content.
This packaged juice tastes fresh! It isn’t overly sweet (which is the case with multiple packaged juice brands).
Most store-bought fruit juices have a pronounced aroma, right as you open the seal. This OJ variant had an extremely subtle aroma.
Paper Boat Swing Pulpy Orange juice has a refreshing flavor!
The low sweetness level is a plus.
The OJ by Paper Boat has a thin consistency which makes it light on the palate and tummy. This packaged orange juice had some strands of fiber in it. It resembles the consistency of freshly squeezed, non-sieved juice.
6. Refreshing Factor
This juice tasted fresh. When we served it chilled, it tasted even better.
A 150 ml pouch is priced at INR 10. This is priced lower as compared to other brands of packaged orange juice with a higher fruit content and lower sugar content.
8. Nutritional Information
Per 100 ml, Paper Boat Swing Pulpy orange juice provides 55.6 kcal which is divided as 13.9 g of carbohydrates (out of which 12.6 g is sugar) and 0 g of fat and protein.
Comparing these values to oranges squeezed at home for the same quantity, we would get around 45 kcal with minimal quantities of protein and fat (>1 g)
Paper Boat Swing Pulpy Orange Drink – Detailed Review
|Parameters||Paper Boat Swing Pulpy Orange Juice|
|Shelf Life||Six months from manufacture|
|Calories||55.6 kcal (per 100 ml)|
This packaged orange juice is a convenient on-the-go option. One pouch offers the ideal quantity for a quick refresh before and after physical activity (as it contains sugar and iodized salt) and even as a pick-me-up between meals.
- The orange variant is from Paper Boat’s Swing range of juices.
- It comes in a resealable pouch.
- One pouch offers 150 ml of the product.
- Per 100 ml you get 55.6 kcal.
- It does not have a strong aroma that would envelop the room.
- You can store it under refrigeration for up to 24 hours after opening.
- This packaged orange juice is devoid of preservatives and added colors.
- It has a fresh taste.
- We could feel some fiber strands.
- It feels light and refreshing, owing to the consistency.
- When compared to other brands of OJ in the market (pulpy and regular), Paper Boat uses a marginally higher amount of sugar (1.1 g more per 100 ml)
PS- This is why we always emphasize reading nutrition labels!
Best Suited For
Trying to cut down on your caffeine intake? Looking for a fruity punch between meals? Paper Boat Swing Pulpy orange juice could be a pocket-friendly option when you’re under a time crunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Paper Boat Swing Pulpy Orange Drink
1. Does this orange drink contain preservatives?
No, it is free of added preservatives and color.
2. Is this orange drink gluten free?
Yes, this orange juice is naturally gluten-free.
3. What is the shelf life of a paper boat swing pulpy orange drink?
This orange juice has a shelf life of six months from manufacture.
4. How many calories are there in this orange juice?
Per 100 ml, you get 55.6 kcal.
5. Is this orange drink available in grocery stores?
Yes, you can find the 150 ml pouches in local grocery stores.
Fresh and light, Paper Boat Swing Pulpy orange juice is a decent alternative to milk-based or caffeinated beverages. The taste, packaging, and economical value- all get a thumbs up from us for the overall convenience they offer.
That being said, the sweetness of this orange juice does not match the amount of sugar added to it.
Do you prefer orange juice or a mixed fruit variant? Let us know.
More reviews from Paper Boat
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.