Patanjali Sabzi Masala Review: Enhance The Flavor Of Your Dish
Patanjali Sabji Masala includes a unique mix of different ingredients. But is it flavorful? Let us find out.
To enhance the flavor of homemade dishes, we make use of different spices including garam masala, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder , dry mango powder, chaat masala and turmeric. Whether it is palak paneer, or aloo matar or a simple cabbage sabzi, the proportion of spices added can make or break the dish.
Many brands have come up with ready to use sabzi masala that is versatile and includes a blend of multiple spices that add flavor and lend a rich, appetizing aroma when used. We picked the Patanjali Sabzi Masala for our review. In our Patanjali Sabzi Masala review, let us decode how our overall experience turned out.
Patanjali Sabzi Masala – Everything You Need To Know
Here we have listed some of the key points related to the Patanjali Sabzi Masala that you must know about.
Patanjali Sabzi Masala comes in a green color box pack. It includes two layers of packaging – the outer box and inner sealed wrapper. The back of the box mentions how to use this sabzi masala in both Hindi and English.
2. Main Ingredients
The following are the main ingredients used – Coriander, Red chili, Arhar dal, Cumin, Garlic, Onion, Bay Leaf, Cinnamon, Ginger, Turmeric, Big Cardamom, Fenugreek leaf, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Clove, Mustard and Salt.
The main purpose of any sabzi masala is to enhance the flavor of a plain dish, which is why this is an important parameter.
We really liked the flavor of this masala when we added it to the aloo beans sabzi we prepared for our review. It has a well balanced spiciness along with tangy undertones.
4. Appearance & Texture
Patanjali Sabzi Masala has a mustard color. Texture-wise, this is not fully powdered. It has a slightly coarse texture.
Especially when it comes to masalas, the aroma is the first thing that catches our attention. As we opened the pack, we could whiff a strong aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg. The aroma of badi elaichi was also noticeable.
The 100 gm pack comes at a price of INR 45.
7. Shelf Life
This sabzi masala comes with a shelf life of 12 months.
Related Reading : Best Chaat Masala Brands In India
Patanjali Sabzi Masala – Detailed Review
|Patanjali Sabzi Masala||Product Details|
|Net Quantity||100 gm|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
|Main Ingredients ( Top 5 )||Coriander, Red chilli, Arhar dal, Cumin, Garlic|
The 100 gm pack of Patanjali Sabzi Masala is priced at Rs. 45. It comes in a green color box pack. The pack mentions the method of preparation for using this masala. We followed the same method to prepare our aloo beans sabzi.
The following ingredients were added to the aloo bean sabzi – cumin, rai, turmeric, salt, onion, tomato, store bought ginger garlic paste and Patanjali Sabji Masala.
For 500 gm of vegetables you are required to add around 1.5 tbsp. of this sabzi masala. After our sabzi was prepared, we added around 1.5 tbsp. of the masala , mixed it and covered it with a lid.
We allowed the sabzi to cook for another 10 mins until the flavors got absorbed. The flavor of this sabzi impressed us. Thumbs up! It has the perfect level of spiciness together with a slight hint of tanginess!
The aroma was highly appetizing. The vegetables absorbed the flavors of the sabzi masala well.
- The 100 gm pack is priced at INR 45.
- It comes in a secure packaging.
- Shelf Life : 12 months.
- The pack mentions the method of preparation in both Hindi and English.
- Main ingredients : Coriander, Red chili, Arhar dal, Cumin, Garlic and Turmeric, Big Cardamom, Fenugreek leaf, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Clove, Mustard and Salt.
- It is a vegetarian product.
- It is a highly aromatic sabzi masala.
- The flavors of the sabzi masala were well absorbed by the vegetables.
- It adds a delicious flavor. The spiciness is well balanced.
- It comes in a secure packaging.
Best Suited For
If you are looking for a sabzi masala for everyday use, we recommend you to try the Patanjali Sabzi Masala.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Patanjali Sabzi Masala.
1. Is this sabzi masala healthy to consume?
This sabzi masala is a blend of different spices that includes cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, coriander, Arhar dal and a few others. These ingredients not only add flavor to dishes but are also known for their medicinal properties.
2. Does this sabzi masala contain preservatives?
This sabzi masala contains no preservatives.
3. Can this masala be eaten with rice and roti?
This masala cannot be eaten in its raw form with rice or roti. After preparing any dal or sabzi, add a dash of this sabzi masala, let it cook for 3 minutes till the flavors get absorbed and then serve with some piping hot rotis or rice.
4. Is this masala organic?
No, this masala is not organic.
5. Is this Sabzi masala a bit too spicy?
This sabzi masala is neither too spicy nor less spicy. The spiciness is well balanced.
Team Mishry gives a big thumbs up to the Patanjali Sabzi Masala. It is highly aromatic and will lend a bold taste to any boring sabzi or dal.
Missing that flavorful kick in your homemade dishes? Try adding a dash of Patanjali Sabzi Masala.
Which sabzi will you prepare using Patanjali Sabzi Masala? Do let us know your thoughts below.
Other Related Reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.