Prestige Electric Kettle 1.2 Litre Review
This Prestige Electric Kettle is an easy-to-use, elegant-looking appliance. Read our review for more details.
Kitchen appliances are truly a boon. Whether manual or electric, they reduce the prep time needed significantly. Choppers, mixer-grinders, OTG, dishwashers, egg boilers- all these appliances aid with basic yet time-consuming tasks in comparatively quicker and easier ways.
One severely underrated electric kitchen appliance is the humble electric kettle. Know what’s common between preparing a bowl of instant noodles, a cup of tea/coffee, a pack of soup? All they need is hot water and you have a snack ready almost instantly!
Not only do kettles boil water in 3-5 minutes, but they also eliminate the need for bringing out the pots and pans, automatically shut off once the water is boiled, and ensure less water evaporation compared to traditional methods.
Still not convinced you should get one? Read our Prestige Electric Kettle 1.2 litre review for more.
Prestige Electric Kettle 1.2 Litre – Everything You Need To Know
Prestige 1.2 litre electric kettle is packed in plastic and further placed in a box. This electric kettle has an automatic shut-off feature that enhances overall safety.
Here are some more must-know details.
A polybag and a sturdy box, this electric kettle is packed quite neatly.
This electric kettle by Prestige has two components, the base and the main unit (jar).
The base, jar handle, and jar lid are made of plastic. The body is made of stainless steel.
Prestige Electric Kettle has a wide spout which ensures easy pouring and cleaning.
The handle on this electric kettle offers a sturdy and comfortable grip.
Equipped with a one-touch operation, the lid opens effortlessly.
In addition to these, the smooth-operating swivel base has 360-degree rotation.
The power indicator lights up when the kettle is in use.
We also like the cord winder at the base which reduces the storage space required.
This electric kettle has a 1.2 L capacity. You can boil 1.2 L of water without worrying about any leakage!
The durability of any electric appliance depends on its usage and maintenance.
Here are a few tips to maximize the durability of your Prestige Electric kettle-
- Do not fill water over the maximum-level marking.
- Do not leave the lid open while boiling water.
- Do not boil beverages/liquids other than water.
- Do not wash the base/cord.
- Do not store water in the kettle.
- Do not turn on when empty.
- Do clean the kettle with a soft cloth, some warm water, and vinegar.
- Do let the appliance cool before cleaning.
Prestige 1.2 litre electric kettle draws a power of 1500 watts.
We purchased this electric kettle from Amazon. We have a one-year warranty. Different sellers may offer different warranty conditions, it is essential to ask prior to purchasing/ getting the warranty card stamped.
The MRP of this Prestige electric kettle is INR 1245.
We purchased it at a discounted price of INR 815.
Prestige Electric Kettle-1.2 Litre Detailed Review
An in-depth discussion of Prestige 1.2 litre electric kettle including its design, ease of use, convenience is as follows-
|Prestige Electric Kettle 1.2 Litre||Product Details|
|Material||Stainless steel body
Plastic base, lid, and handle
- Prestige electric kettle has a 1.2 L capacity.
- It is made of stainless steel and plastic.
- The cord is around 30 inches long.
- When in use, the power indicator lights up.
- The swivel base rotates 360 degrees.
- It has a one-touch operation.
- This electric kettle draws a power of 1500 watts.
- Once water is boiled, this appliance shuts off automatically.
- We filled water to the maximum level and there was no leakage. Thumbs up!
- The lid on this kettle locks well, ensuring no unnecessary escape of steam.
- The swivel base functions smoothly.
- The cord winder ensures optimal storage.
- It has a wide mouth for easy pouring and cleaning.
- The handle does not heat up even after water is completely boiled.
- The stainless steel body and plastic lid tend to heat up. You must be careful to handle the appliance using only the handle.
Best Suited For
Students living on campus, for office spaces, and even for daily use at home, this electric kettle by Prestige is a good option!
We recommend our readers to boil water as needed. Do not store boiled water in the kettle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Prestige 1.2 litre Electric Kettle.
1. Is the Prestige electric kettle long-lasting?
Proper cleaning and maintenance will ensure longer life of this appliance.
2. Is this electric kettle water safe to drink?
Yes, as water is boiled in the kettle, it is safe for consumption.
3. Is the cord wire of the Prestige 1.2 litre electric kettle too small?
No, the cord on the Prestige electric kettle is 30 inches long. A long cord helps in plugging in the appliance easier.
4. Can this electric kettle be used to prepare Maggi?
No, this electric kettle is recommended only for boiling water. You can prepare cup noodles and instant meals that only require addition of hot water to the pack. Make sure you do not cook anything inside this kettle.
5. Is this electric kettle portable?
Yes, it can be detached from the base.
There you have Team Mishry’s review of the Prestige Electric kettle. It has a 1.2-L capacity which is adequate for preparing 2-4 cups of instant tea/coffee at once.
We liked how mess-free this was. No escape of steam and no leakage!
Design-wise, the cord winder is a commendable feature. This smooth-operating electric kettle by Prestige gets a green signal from the team on most parameters.
That said, the body and lid do heat up once water is boiled. Just be mindful when handling the appliance, and you’re good.
More Kitchen Appliance Reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.