Prestige Svachh Clip On Stainless Steel Cooker – Quieter Cooking
It’s versatile and delivers the promise of being a multi-utility pot. Here is why we recommend the Prestige Svachh Clip On Steel Pressure Cooker.
A good utensil in the kitchen is durable, easy to use and cooks food with ease. A lot of modern-looking pots and pans have come and gone without making any lasting impression. A rather new addition to the range of pressure cookers by Prestige is the clip-on variant.
We tested this pressure cooker in our test kitchen on a daily basis for over 6 weeks and prepared a list of pros and cons for you. Our Prestige svachh clip on steel pressure cooker 5 l review throws light on how easy the utensil is to use, how is it different from our regular cookers and the features that impressed us.
Here is all that you need to know about the Prestige Svachh Clip-on Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker.
1. Available Sizes
The Prestige Svachh Clip-on Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker comes in three sizes –
- 2 Liter
- 3 Liter
- 5 Liter
It is also available in a handi and kadai shape.
The Prestige Svachh Clip-On Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker comes packed in a box. The lids are securely packed and nothing is broken or damaged.
The material of the pressure cooker body is stainless steel. The pressure cooker has two handles on each side. It comes with two lids. A stainless steel lid with the whistle weight and a knob, and another lid made of toughened glass. The glass lid has a knob on top which helps lift the lid without burning the hands.
The dimensions mentioned on the box (LxW,H) are 30.3 x 25.8 x 27.8 Centimeters.
The capacity of the cooker is 5 liters.
The weight of the pressure cooker is 2.86 Kgs.
As per the user manual, this can be used on different heat sources. The pressure cooker has a flat base and is compatible with both, a gas stove and an induction cooktop. It can also be used on a kerosene stove, electric hot plate, ceramic cooktop and halogen cooktop.
The warranty period provided for this pressure cooker is 5 years from the date of purchase. During this period the pressure cooker will be replaced free of charge if there is any defect due to faulty material or workmanship.
Prestige Svachh Clip On Stainless Steel Cooker 5 L – Detailed Review
Details on how we reviewed the product –
How we tested – Over a period of 6 weeks, we used this extensively to make a variety of dishes including boiling pulses and beans like channa, rajma, arhar dal, and kali dal. Along with that we used it to cook matar-aloo, rice, and mutton.
|Prestige Svachh Clip On Cooker||Product Information|
Design – We all know how hard it can be to close a pressure cooker lid, especially an outer lid. Which brings us to design. The design of the utensil is very convenient and once you get a hang of the rotation movement, it’s quite easy to operate. The handle remains cool to touch. The two side handles make it easy to hold and lift when cooking large servings.
Features – The cooker has a built-in safety mechanism which makes it tough to open the lid when there’s pressure inside.
It also fulfils the promise of being a multi-utility pot. You can roast the masalas in this and cover it with its glass lid and then, when required, give it a few whistles. And cook it some more with the lid on. Ofcourse, this can be done with a regular cooker as well. But in this shape and size they don’t come with a lid or a heat-resistant whistle.
Coming to a very important aspect – the whistle. We noticed that the whistles are quieter, as conspired to regular cookers.
It was also a lot less messier. Unlike the dal-water spewing cookers we usually cook in, this one didn’t have any liquids trickle down the sides of the cooker and messing up the hob.
The overall quality of steel and glass is very good. It’s tough and strong. Everytime we cleaned it, it came back looking new.
- The price of the Prestige pressure cooker is Rs 4,720/-.
- The capacity of the cooker is 5 liters.
- It is compatible with a gas stove and an induction cooktop.
- It comes with a toughened glass lid.
- The whistle is heat-resistant.
- The lid can be locked in both directions.
- Material of the cooker – Stainless steel
- The cooker is easy to clean.
- It is not as messy to cook dals and gravies in this.
- The whistle is quieter.
- The whistle is heat-resistant.
- The cool-to-touch handles make it easy to lift it.
- The utensil is versatile and can be used to cook big batches of dals and curries.
- It has a cleaning window which increases the ease of cleaning and maintenance.
Best Suited For
If you need a modern-looking pressure cooker for your kitchen that works effectively, the Prestige Svachh Clip-on Cooker is an ideal choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on the Prestige Svachh Clip-on Cooker.
1. Is this svachh clip convenient to use?
Yes. The Svachh Pressure Cooker by Prestige is very easy to use. The whistle, handles and the top knob are heat-resistant.
2. What’s the speciality of this cooker base?
The pressure cooker has an anti-bulge base which makes it compatible with an induction cooktop and a gas stove as well.
3. What are the other components that come with the packaging?
Inside the box were the following components –
- The main vessel (alpha base) – Stainless steel cooker.
- The toughened glass lid.
- The main lid with the whistle.
- A user manual with the warranty card attached inside.
- A trivet made of stainless steel, which acts as a separator.
4. What is the average online customer review of this product?
The average customer rating as per Amazon reviews is 3.9 out of 5 stars.
5. What’s the speciality of this cooker lid?
The lid has a spillage control feature which prevents the cooker from expelling excess liquid during the cooking process. Unlike regular inner and outer lids of the usual pressure cookers, this one has a slip on lid which is very easy to use.
Quieter whistles, no spillage, a convenient clip-on lid, and handles that are cool to touch.
The Prestige Svachh Clip On Pressure Cooker is perfect for large families. The ergonomic design of the vessel and the multi-utility aspect, both make this cooker a favorable choice. If you need a versatile, smart-looking pressure cooker for your kitchen, look no further.
Do you use a pressure cooker at home? Which lid do you find convenient to use?
More Reviews Related To Prestige Svachh Clip On Cooker
If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.