Sundrop Nutrify Honey Roasted Oats Review – Healthy or not?
The taste and texture of Sundrop Nutrify Honey Roasted Oats is fairly palatable. However, the incomplete details on the pack left us concerned.
Granola, muesli, oatmeal. What’s common among these breakfast items? The primary ingredient is OATS. Oats are considered beneficial for health. As fibrous and potentially nutritious as these varied forms of oats can be, often RTE packs are loaded with sugar and poor-quality fats.
Sundrop, a brand associated with oils, is slowly but steadily making its way to our breakfast tables. After reviewing the Multigrain Popz, we decided on reviewing the honey roasted oats by Sundrop. This Sundrop Nutrify Honey Roasted oats review sheds light on what we liked, what we didn’t, and it’s nutritional profile.
Related Reading- These oats offer the highest FIBER CONTENT!
Sundrop Nutrify Honey Roasted Oats – Everything You Need To Know
All you need to know about Sundrop Nutrify Honey Roasted oats is discussed in this section of the review.
These honey roasted oats are packed in a vibrant green-colored resealable pouch. The pack boasts of the ingredients used with eye-catching graphics.
The main ingredients that go in the making are- Rolled Oats, Sugar Candied Cranberries (Cranberries, Sugar, And Sunflower Oil), Refined Edible Palmolive Oil, Almonds, Rolled Wheat, Liquid Glucose, Honey, Edible Molasses, Emulsifier (Lecithin).
Overly sweet or just right? Fresh and natural or stale and artificial-tasting, how did Nutrify taste? Would it make for a toothsome breakfast bowl?
4. Nutritional Information
Unlike most commercially available packaged food products, this pack of oats did not mention the recommended serving size. Regardless, the following is the caloric breakdown per 100 grams-
476 Kcal which is divided as 68 grams of carbohydrates (of which 20 grams is sugar), 8 grams of protein, and 19.2 grams of fat. There’s 7 mg of sodium with 0 mg of cholesterol.
Whereas 100 grams of instant oats would offer 407 Kcal with 11.8 grams of protein, 9.5 grams of fat, 68.5 grams of carbohydrates, and 10 grams fiber.
4.1. Fiber Content
4.2. Protein Content
4.3. Fat Content
A 250-gram pouch is priced at Rs 149.
Sundrop Nutrify Honey Roasted Oats – Detailed Review
|Sundrop Nutrify Honey Roasted Oats||Product Details|
|Net Quantity||250 grams|
|Fiber Content||4.9 grams|
|Protein Content||8 grams|
|Fat Content||19.2 grams|
|Shelf Life||10 months|
The fact that these honey roasted oats are packed in a resealable pouch is appreciable as it makes storage relatively convenient.
Upon visual assessment, we saw an abundance of dried cranberries and almond bits among roasted oats that had a golden appearance.
We tasted these oats raw. These oats are roasted in honey and they do not retain the crispness. These oats are more chewy, but fresh, nevertheless. We mean it when we say the almonds and cranberries are added liberally!
Taste-wise, the sweetness may feel overwhelming to a large portion of the audience but the tanginess of the cranberries balances it out to some extent. Additionally, the nutty flakes and bits of almonds lend an inviting taste and bite.
On the other hand, the missing serving size bothered us. Since most cereals/granola recommend a 30-40 gram serving size, we followed the same.
As recommended by the brand, you can cook these oats with milk or water, and top it with fruits of choice for a fibrous start to the day.
- A 250-gram pack is priced at Rs 149.
- It has a shelf life of 10 months.
- Main Ingredients- Rolled Oats, Sugar Candied Cranberries (Cranberries, Sugar And Sunflower Oil), Refined Edible Palmolive Oil, Almonds, Rolled Wheat, Liquid Glucose, Honey, Edible Molasses, Emulsifier (Lecithin).
- The generous addition of almonds and candied cranberries is commendable.
- This can be snacked on raw or made into a filling meal with milk.
- The overall taste is quite fresh.
- We liked the textural interplay each bite had.
- The sweetness was overwhelming.
- We do not appreciate incomplete details (serving size in this case)
Best Suited For
If you prefer your oats LOADED with nuts and dried fruits, Nutrify would be something you’d like. (PS- we recommend consuming it with some milk)
Related Reading: How To Eat Oats: 7 Best Ways To Eat Oats
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Sundrop Nutrify Honey Roasted oats.
1. Is it true that these oats are rich in Vitamin E?
This pack of oats contains almonds. Almonds are naturally rich in vitamin E which makes this snack as a whole rich in vitamin E.
2. Are these oats crunchy?
Yes, but you can soak them in milk overnight or cook them in milk for an oatmeal-like texture.
3. Can these oats be garnished with different dry fruits?
Yes, definitely. Nuts, seeds, dry fruits, fresh fruits, you can add toppings as preferred.
4. How to store these oats after unpacking?
The pouch is resealable. You must store this in a cool, dark place.
5. Do these oats contain additional flavor enhancers?
No, these are devoid of additional flavor enhancers.
One of the only positives of Nutrify was the open-handed addition of almonds and cranberries. The other was the variety of textures it offered.
That said, the overpowering sweetness let us down. Moreover, we feel the brand could use a better, more nutritious alternative to liquid glucose, considering the buyer would consume this regularly.
More Sweet Snacks We've Reviewed
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.