Vahdam Turmeric Ginger Herbal Tea Review: A Refreshing And Healthy Tea
A cozy corner, your favorite book and a flavorful blend! Vahdam’s Turmeric Ginger Herbal Tea is caffeine free and soothing.
Herbal teas offer health benefits apart from that refreshing, soothing feeling. Turmeric and ginger are two staple ingredients in most Indian kitchens which not only add wonderful flavor to any dish, but offer many health benefits. Their combination, needless to say, is a strong one. Especially for those cold winter days when your throat is scratchy and in need of something warm and soothing.
Earlier we reviewed the Vahdam Turmeric Spiced Tea and Vedic Kadha, and loved them. We tried and tested Vahdam’s ginger and turmeric herbal tea for multiple parameters. Our Vahdam Turmeric Ginger Herbal Tea review discusses the price, packaging, flavor and much more. Here is why adding this herbal tea to your grocery list will be a good decision.
Vahdam Turmeric Ginger Herbal Tea – What You Need To Know
Here is all that you need to know about the Vahdam turmeric ginger herbal tea.
Vahdam never fails to impress when it comes to packaging. The green-yellow box is fairly sturdy which contains 15 individually wrapped tea bags. Each tea bag holds 2 grams of the infusion. The ratio of the contents and the size of the tea bag is perfect as it leaves room for the spices and herbs to swell up when added to hot water.
The tea bags are made using a nylon-mesh and are pyramid shaped. These are staple-free.
Full marks for packaging!
The herbal tea only has two ingredients – turmeric (65%) and ginger (35%).
The combination of turmeric and ginger works very well in this variant. The tea has a very delicate flavor of ginger, while turmeric makes a bolder statement. The light peppery notes of turmeric pair well with the subtle ginger zing.
There is no added sweetener in this and you can add some honey if you wish to.
The tea has a warm, soothing aroma which envelopes you like a cozy blanket on a cold winter evening. The turmeric aroma is more prominent.
5. Form factor
The turmeric and ginger are not powdered. They are small chunks which can be seen from the mesh bag.
6. Nutritional Information
As per the nutritional information on the pack, a single serving of this herbal infusion provides 1.28 calories.
A single carton containing 15 tea bags is priced at Rs 199/-. Each tea bag is priced at Rs 13.26/-.
8. Shelf Life
The shelf life of Vahdam Teas turmeric and ginger herbal tea is 24 months from the date of manufacturing.
Vahdam Turmeric Ginger Herbal Tea – Detailed Review
|Vahdam Teas Turmeric Ginger||Product Information|
|Number of tea bags||15|
|Net quantity (per tea bag)||2 grams|
|Main ingredients||Turmeric, Ginger|
As per the instructions given on the pack, we placed a tea bag in a cup and added 200 ml boiled water. We let it brew for about 3-4 minutes and tasted without adding any sweeteners.
There are a few things that we truly appreciate about this blend are the subtle flavors. Neither turmeric, nor ginger overpower each other in any way. This light, warming and aromatic herbal tea feels soothing on a scratchy throat.
- A single carton contains 15 tea bags and is priced at Rs 199/-.
- The tea bags are wrapped individually.
- Each tea bag contains 2 grams of the blend.
- The tea bags are staple free.
- The tea bag is made using a nylon mesh bag.
- The tea is certified organic.
- Ingredients – Turmeric, Ginger
- This is keto friendly.
- Vahdam receives full points when it comes to packaging. From the individually sealed bags to the premium looking pyramid shaped mesh bags.
- The ratio of bag size and bag contents is spot on. It allows the ingredients to swell up and release their flavor to full capacity.
- Thumbs up for the staple-free tea bag.
- The subtle flavor of turmeric and ginger is nice.
- It is a two-ingredient herbal tea.
- We loved the beautiful yellow hue our tea had attained.
Best Suited For
A herbal tea with no nasties in a classy looking pack! What more could you ask for? This is for everyone who is looking for a warm, soothing beverage post a heavy meal or before bed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Vahdam Turmeric Ginger Herbal tea.
1. Does this herbal tea contain any additional flavours?
No. It only contains two ingredients – turmeric and ginger.
2. Is this herbal tea good for weight loss?
A single product alone cannot be held responsible for weight loss. A balanced diet, portion control, calorie deficit and regular exercising is important for a healthy weight loss.
3. Can this herbal tea cure cough and cold related ailments?
Turmeric and ginger are both considered as ingredients that help relieve symptoms of cold and cough. While we cannot comment on the efficacy of this product, it does help soothe a sore throat.
4. How many tea bags are there in one pack of this herbal tea?
This carton contains 15 tea bags. Each tea bag holds 2 grams of turmeric and ginger.
5. Can this herbal tea be consumed by diabetic patients?
Yes, Vahdam’s Turmeric Ginger tea can be consumed by diabetics. This is a caffeine free beverage without any sweeteners, natural or artificial.
Premium looking packaging with aesthetically designed pyramid shaped tea bags. We loved the Vahdam Teas Turmeric Ginger for its warm and soothing flavor notes. As this doesn’t have any sweetener, you can add some honey and lemon for an elevated experience.
Have you tried any teas by Vahdam yet? If yes, which one is your favorite and why? Comment below.
Related Articles - Herbal Teas We Love
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.