Best Egg Whisk Brands in India – Mishry
Not one, not two, but we tested four methods to whisk eggs. The most efficient and time-saving method to whisk eggs manually is using this tool.
Whisking eggs manually can strain your hand and wrist if done continuously. Sure, electric beaters are an easy way out. But if you’re someone who prefers hand beaten eggs, we have an efficient solution for you that is also cost-effective.
We chose to test four methods of whisking eggs manually and turning them into omelets to see which method yielded the fluffiest one. We timed all the methods which helped us gauge the relation between time and effort we put into whisking a couple of eggs.
During our testing we found the spiral whisk (Top Pick) to be the most efficient method to whisk eggs manually in the shortest amount of time. More on how we tested these to find the best egg whisk is mentioned below.
Egg Whisk Brands – Everything You Need To Know
Here is all that you need to know about egg whisks, its types, material and average price.
1. Available Types
If categories broadly, egg whisks can be of two types-
As we are testing manual whisks today, they can be of different types –
- Spiral whisk
- Balloon whisk
- Coil whisk
- Ball whisk
- French whisk
- Bamboo whisk
We picked four commonly available and most-used whisks. Ball whisks, French whisks and bamboo whisks were not a part of our review as they have specific functions and aren’t particularly used to whisk eggs.
2. Available Materials
Most commonly available material is stainless steel for all types of whisks. Some brands may also have silicone coated whisk wires. They also have different handles to make the grip comfortable –
- Silicone covered handle
- Stainless steel handle
- Wooden handle
3. Price Range
A single whisk can cost anywhere between Rs 100 to Rs 250 depending on the brand, whisk-type and material.
Needless to say, a fork is commonly available in all kitchens and doesn’t require an extra purchase.
Have you ever used a stainless steel mathani? We did, so that you don’t have to!
Egg Whisk Brands – Our Review Factors
Our review process was divided in two stages –
Stage 1 – Timed whisking
Stage 2 – Cooking the omelete to check for fluffiness
During the timed whisking stage we cracked open two eggs in a glass bowl and whisked the eggs using a single tool. This process was timed.
Using the same batter, we immediately made an omelet to test the fluffiness as a part of stage 2. We only added pepper and a pinch of salt as seasoning. No veggies, butter or cheese were added. We then cut the omelet using a fork and knife to check the fluffiness.
Our review parameters are –
As we all have experienced this at some point in our lives, the circular movement of our wrists involved in whisking eggs can put a strain. We wanted to find out which tool/method of whisking requires the least effort thus causing the lowest strain on our wrists.
Our whisking process was timed for all four tools. This helped us understand how fast and efficient the whole process of whisking is. Which tool helped make the fluffiest batch of eggs the quickest with least effort?
The material of the whisk wires and whisk handle were also parameters. How sturdy or flimsy is the material used? Is the quality good or mediocre?
4. Grip + Comfort
How comfortable is the grip of the whisk? Slippery or steady?
When we beat or whisk an egg, it becomes lighter. Why?
The main reason to whisk an egg is to denature its protein. The chain of amino acids with internal bonds are broken when we beat an egg. This causes the protein strands in the egg to stretch and trap in the air. Thus making it lighter.
Egg Whisk Brands in India – Detailed Review
Here is a tabular comparison of all the types of manual egg whisks we reviewed for their price, material and dimensions –
|Type of whisk||Buy Now|
|Balloon Whisk||Add To Cart|
|Spiral Whisk||Add To Cart|
*The prices above are the MRPs’ mentioned on the pack and may differ depending on the deals currently offered online.
Related Reading – Want to start baking? 12 must-have baking tools.
1. Spiral Whisk: Bridge2 Shopping Stainless Steel Egg Beater – Mishry Top Pick
The wire spiral egg whisk has a triangular shaped structure with the spiral wire broader at the end. It has a wooden handle which is comfortable to hold. The grip is very firm and it doesn’t slip.
The spiral whisk only took 30 seconds to make a light, airy batter using 2 whole eggs. It made the fluffiest omelet.
- The MRP of this whisk is Rs 399/- as mentioned on the pack. We purchased it at Rs 199/- on a deal.
- Product material is stainless steel.
- Handle material is wooden.
- Length is 8 inches.
- Handle height is 4 inches.
- Whisking Time: 30 seconds
- The whisk springs back well and is easy to use.
- The grip is comfortable and is firm.
- The quality of the handle is good.
- It is the most efficient mechanism to whisk eggs within the shortest amount of time.
- Made the fluffiest omelet.
Best Suited For
Looking for an egg whisk that is easy to use and fluffs up the batter within a few seconds? The spiral whisk is your best bet.
2. Coil Whisk: Mianku Stainless Steel Manual Egg Whisk
The coil egg beater had a combined hand movement of a balloon and spiral whisk. The handle has a loop if you wish to hand it on a kitchen hook or a drying unit.
The grip is very good and the smooth handle is comfortable to hold. Unfortunately the springing action of the whisk is not as smooth as our Top Pick.
This method strained our wrist a lot and wasn’t whisking eggs as fast as the spiral whisk which only took 30 seconds to fluff up two whole eggs.
- The MRP on the pack is Rs 1099/-. We purchased it at Rs 299/- on a deal.
- Dimensions – 23.5 x 6.2 x 6 cm
- Product and handle material is stainless steel.
- Whisking Time: 1 minute
- This whisk has a good grip.
- It is comfortable to hold.
- There aren’t any specific product-related cons, but this whisk took longer than our winner to whisk the same quantity of eggs. We also found the hand motion a bit confusing.
3. Balloon Whisk: Pindwarbros️ Stainless Steel Whisker
The most commonly available whisk is the balloon whisk. This whisk has a stainless steel body and a loop for hanging it. It did not win our review because it took the longest to beat the same amount of eggs as its counterparts. The hand movement strained our hand the fastest and it took 1 minute 11 seconds to finish the whisking process.
- The MRP on the pack is Rs 599/-. We purchased it at Rs 199/- on a deal.
- Length – 10 inches
- Wire thickness – 1.4 mm
- Product and handle material is stainless steel.
- There is a loop which lets you hand the whisk.
- Whisking Time: 1 minute 11 seconds
- This whisk has a good, comfortable grip.
- It is comfortable to hold.
- The motion is not so comfortable as compared to other whisks.
- It took the longest to whisk the eggs using this tool.
Forks are easily available in every home. The fact that this was comparatively efficient and made a fluffy omelet without us buying a specific tool for this purpose. Whilst this did strain our wrist, its availability is a big plus. It takes whisking time of 1 minute 15 seconds.
- It is available in every home. No need for a special purchase.
- The motion of the fork can strain the hand within a few seconds, like that of the balloon whisk.
Our Top Picks & Recommendations
Why did we choose the spiral whisk design as our Top Pick?
A good egg whisk will always be sturdy and have a comfortable grip. Alongside that it should be able to whisk a fluffy batter with minimal effort without causing too much strain on our wrist.
The spiral whisk design was chosen as our Top Pick because it yielded the fluffiest omelet within the shortest whisking time (30 seconds). The effort required to whisk the eggs was also the lowest.
More Kitchen Tools We Reviewed
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on egg whisk.
1. Do the wires break if beaten too hard?
Over the past few months that we have used these whisks, the wires did not break. Neither did the material deteriorate.
2. Can this whisk tool be used for beating cake batter?
The balloon whisk can be used to beat cake batter. Spiral whisks and coil whisks are not suited for cake batters.
3. Is this dishwasher safe?
There is nothing mentioned on the pack about the whisks being dishwasher safe and neither did we try washing them in our Bosch Dishwasher.
4. How many wires are there in total in this whisk tool?
The balloon whisk has about 9-10 wires. The coil whisk and spiral whisk have a single wire that is twisted in a different shape.
5. Is this whisk tool worth the money spent?
Yes. If you’re someone who cooks eggs regularly or make batter based dishes like crepes, pancakes and cakes, a whisk is a good tool to have in the kitchen.
We chose the spiral whisk with a wooden handle as the most efficient and time-saving manual tool for beating eggs. In the timed stage, it was the fastest to beat a couple of eggs and yielded the fluffiest omelet.
What is your tool of choice to whisk eggs? Let us know about your preference in the comment section below.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.