Chaayos Choco Chip Cookies Review
Chocolate Chip Cookies need to be seriously decadent to even qualify as a good cookie. We tried the Chaayos Chocolate Chip Cookies and here is what we thought about them.
A few years back, no one would have thought of selling chai in a cafe style setting. Chai has been associated with either having it from the tapri outside the office and college, or in the comforts of your home. Chaayos started in November 2012 with an aim to bring a contemporary cafe-style experience for chai (tea) lovers. They started with selling different varieties and flavors of chai along with some light chai-friendly snacks like bun maska and vada pav. A few years later packaged snacking by Chaayos was also introduced which included cookies, mathis, gur paaras, and even chai masalas. We got our hands on the Chaayos Choco Chip Cookies and reviewed them for their taste, texture, and overall experience. Here is our #FirstImpression.
What You Need To Know About Chaayos Choco Chip Cookies
*As per information on the pack
- Shelf life – 6 months.
- 100 grams of these cookies provide 579 Kcal of energy.
- Allergen information – Contains gluten, sesame, milk products. May contains traces of nuts.
#FirstImpression Of Chaayos Choco Chip Cookies
Price and packaging – A box of 450 grams of Chaayos Choco Chip Cookies is priced at Rs 300/-. It contains 18 packs of cookies and each pack contains 2 cookies.
The parameters / What to expect – We have earlier reviewed 6 brands of chocolate chip cookies to find out the best one amongst them, and the parameters that we gauged them on were – taste, texture, and amount of chocolate chips. When you say chocolate chip cookies, you expect a perfect balance between crunchy and chewy. A crunchy exterior and an almost a fudgy-gooey interior with melt-in-your-mouth chocolate chips loaded throughout the cookie, is what you want a good choco-chip cookie to present.
Appearance – The Chaayos Choco Chip Cookies are round-shaped and brown in color. The chocolate chips are encrusted in abundance on the cookies. Somehow the way the chocolate chips are just sitting atop the cookies does not give a very clean and uniform look.
Taste and texture – Why would you eat a chocolate chip cookie? Mainly to enjoy the chocolate chips, for the decadence. Right? Sadly, the Chaayos Choco Chip Cookies are too crumbly and brittle. The moment we picked up the cookie, most of it fell apart into crumbs. The chocolate chips do not taste nice or chocolatey enough.
These are priced at a far higher price than an average chocolate chip cookie in the market and are not as tasty. The taste of the cookie is very unidimensional. If we would have been eating these with our eyes closed, we would have labeled this as a chocolate-flavored cookie. The chocolate chips do not add any flavor or texture to this cookie.
For the quality these cookies offer, the pricing is not justified. We definately expected a better product from Chaayos.
Watch: Chaayos Choco Chip Cookies Review
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.