Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate): #FirstImpressions
Weikfield has a product that’ll help you prepare an eggless cake at the comfort of your home without the use of an oven. How neat is that? Let’s take a look at our first impression of Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate).
Nothing should prevent you from having a cake! Whether it is an occasion or not, whether you have an oven or not, a chocolate cake is something that’ll give a cheerful twist to your day anyway. Cooker Cake mixes are convenient options for those who may not be very adept at baking. Brands such as Weikfield and Pillsbury offer a range of ready to cook cake mixes that make it very simple and quick. With the festive season in mind, we are checking out a whole lot of winter and festival specials in the Mishry review lab these days.
This year, at Mishry we are looking at reasonable gifting & festive specials that you can even buy in bigger numbers, or add to customized hampers to bring a festive appeal to your dining. Our recommendations are authentic; as always, we experience (try/fry/taste) the products ourselves, at our review lab, before making any recommendations to you.
Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate) is a part of Weikfield’s larger range of cake pre-mixes, with some eggless options as well. This one too contains no eggs. The cake cooker mix essentially means that you can prepare a simple chocolate cake at the comfort of your home even if you don’t own an oven. Let’s see if this product has all the necessary qualities of a perfect cake.
Things To Note About Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate)
*as per information on the packaging.
- Contains cocoa powder and wheat flour along with edible vegetable oil.
- Contains both nature identical and artificial flavors (chocolate and vanilla).
- Since it contains milk and heat products, it must be avoided by people suffering from gluten and dairy allergy (mentioned at the back of the packaging).
- This eggless cooker cake premix is a vegetarian product.
A 100% Vegetarian eggless cake mix that can be made using your normal cooker at home.
Price: Rs 95*
*Price at the time of review
Method Of Preparation for Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate)
The method of preparation for this cooker cake is given at the back of the packaging and it involves four basic steps. However, we should first look into the various things that you’ll require.
- A Pressure cooker (minimum 3L)
- 1 tbsp oil.
- 100ml of milk.
How To Make The Cooker Cake: Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate)
- Place the pan inside the cooker and fill the cooker with water up to 3 cm high from the bottom.
- Start heating the cooker and sprinkle oil and wheat flour in the pan.
- Mix oil, milk, and cake powder separately in a vessel and beat for 3 minutes until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour the batter into the cooker pan and close the lid without whistle for 30 minutes.
- Open the lid and allow the steam to escape. The cake is now baked and can be removed from the pan.
#FirstImpressions Of Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate)
Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate) does well on many counts. It’s reasonably priced, gives very clear instructions that are easy to follow, and you don’t need too many ingredients to make this cake. Oil and milk are things you would ordinarily have in your kitchen anyway, so having a cake mix like this in your pantry makes it convenient to make this cake on short notice.
We followed the instructions on the pack and the cake came out really good in our test kitchen. It was moist and soft. Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate) cooked really well. You could cut well-defined slices from the cake without any crumbly bits falling off, or unnecessary wastage.
The best use of Weikfield’s Cooker Cake Mix (Chocolate) is as a base for another dessert. By itself, the cake may seem less sweet to kids. But if you are using the cake for making trifle puddings, slicing it horizontally and adding whipped cream, or even sprinkling it with some castor sugar on top, then it would work really well.
If you wish to make a simple Eggless Sponge Cake along with Chocolate Fudge Sauce at home, then here’s a recipe for you.
Eggless Sponge Cake
Who doesn't love cakes? Here's a simple eggless sponge cake recipe, which can be enjoyed as it is or can make for a perfect base for your fancy cakes. You just need to get the base right!
- 50 Grams Flour
- 70 Grams Curd
- 45 Grams Castor sugar
- 0.5-0.75 Grams Baking Soda
- 1.25 Grams Baking Powder
- 30 Grams Oil
- 2 Millilitre Vanilla Essence
For Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- 100 Millilitre Water
- 200 Grams Sugar
- 75 Grams Corn Syrup
- 50 Grams Unsweetened Chocolate
- 15 Grams Butter
In a bowl, mix curd, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
Whisk the mixture for five minutes.
Now add the oil and vanilla, mix well.
Add the flour and slowly start folding it in. Move the batter to a greased mould once done.
Bake at 180°C.
For the fudge sauce, bring water, sugar and corn syrup to a boil and continue till the sugar is melted.
Let it cool.
Melt the chocolate and butter over low heat and stir until smooth.
Slowly begin to combine the sugar syrup mix into the chocolate slowly.
Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil for about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and let it cool. Pour the cooled sauce over the cake, let it set and then cut the cake into desired size pieces and serve.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.