Food Solutions Eggless Vanilla Cake Mix Review
The cake made using the Food Solutions Eggless Vanilla Cake Mix did not live up to our expectations.
Let’s paint a picture. Shall we? A thick slice of moist and fluffy looking cake, sitting atop your countertop, ready to be devoured. But, just as you bite into it, the beautiful taste you had associated with it comes crashing down. It’s dry and tasteless! The prime reason you buy cake mixes is because of the convenience attached to them. But what if convenience is all it provides and the taste is far from what you expect? We reviewed the Food Solutions Eggless Vanilla Cake Mix for its taste and texture. Here is our #FirstImpression.
What You Need To Know About Food Solutions Eggless Vanilla Cake Mix
*As per information on the pack
- Contains added flavor.
- Shelf life – 6 months
- Allergen information – Contains gluten (wheat) and milk.
- Can be cooked using two methods – In a pressure cooker and an oven.
- 45 grams of each slice provides 141 Kcal of energy. 100 grams of the dry mix has 375 calories.
#FirstImpression Of Food Solutions Eggless Vanilla Cake Mix
Price and packaging – The Food Solutions Eggless Vanilla Cake Mix comes in a black pouch packaging. A 300 gram of this cake mix is priced at Rs 125/-.
List of ingredients – Sugar, refined wheat flour (maida), milk solids, corn starch, emulsifiers, baking powder, stabilizer, and iodized salt.
How we made it – According to the pack you can make it using two ways – In a pressure cooker or in an oven. We made it using an oven. We preheated the oven to 160 degrees and greased our cake tin. In a bowl, we emptied the contents of the pack, added water and oil as mentioned, and mixed it using an electric beater. We baked it for 30 minutes and let it cool down before we took it out of the mold.
Texture – The label says – light, fluffy eggless vanilla cake. Contrary to what the label said, this cake wasn’t fluffy at all. The cake rises well, undoubtedly, but it is not spongy. It lacks the moisture you associate with a freshly baked cake. We noticed that as the cake cooled down, it progressively became drier.
Taste and aroma – The strong vanilla aroma fills up the kitchen as it starts baking. Taste-wise, the fruity, floral vanilla aroma is present. The sweetness is balanced and leaves room for additional icing and frosting if you wish to top it with something. As the sweetness is balanced and the vanilla flavor is nice, this might work if you are looking for a base for a trifle or a pudding that would require you to soak this in another liquid/moist base.
When we review premixes, we do keep our expectations a little lower as compared to fresh, home-baked cakes. The texture of the Food Solutions Eggless Vanilla Cake Mix is not light or airy. Even though the aroma and flavor of vanilla are fine, the end product is dry and dense and does not end up being something you would want to go back to.
Looking for cake premixes? Look no further.
Food Solutions Eggless Vanilla Cake Mix
The eggless vanilla cake made using the Food Solutions mix had a nice vanilla flavor but was not light or airy.
MRP – Rs 125/-*
*Price at the time of review
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.