Cremica Cremes Biscuits Review – Vanilla & Strawberry Flavours
Despite having a delightful aroma and delectable taste, here’s why Cremica Cremes Biscuits did not get full five Mishrys.
Crisp biscuits sandwiched with a layer of cream, yum! Relish them as they come or dunk in a cup of milk or tea/coffee/ Cream biscuits, when baked and flavored correctly, are ADDICTIVE! Sharing our love for cream biscuits, Mrs. Bector shared how she’s loved cream since she was a child. Since everything she made, she made with cream, Mrs. Rajni Bector named this company Cremica.
From the extensive lines of products, we earlier reviewed the Cremica Coconut cookies and Jeera Lite biscuits. As these were a hit on taste and texture, we decided to test another range- Premium Creams. For our Mrs. Bector’s Cremica Cremes biscuits review, we ordered two variants- Vanilla and Strawberry.
How crisp are the biscuit discs, what about the quantity of the cream filling? Scroll down for answers to these and more.
Cremica Cremes Biscuits – Everything You Need To Know
From flavor variants offered to packaging, here’s all you need to know about the Cremica Cremes biscuits.
1. Available Variants
This range has three single creme variants- Vanilla, Strawberry, and Chocolate.
There are also ‘Twin creme’ biscuits.
2. Available Quantities
These biscuits are offered in packs of 60, 120, and 150 grams.
Inside the package, the biscuits are vertically stacked in a compact tray.
4. Price Range
A 150-gram pack is priced at Rs 25.
5. Shelf Life
These biscuits have a shelf life of nine months.
6. Main Ingredients
Primarily, biscuits (or baked food items in general) are prepared with refined wheat flour, oil/butter, sugar, salt, and other standard ingredients.
Cremica Cremes Biscuits – Our Review Factors
Here’s an insight to our review process. Why we chose these parameters, why one is more crucial than the other, is all explained below.
Cream biscuits are savored for the center filling. Is the cream flavorful? If yes, is it adequately sweetened, are the labelled flavors prominent? What about the taste of the biscuit discs, bland or sweetened? How delicious is the collective bite?
Often, the cream sandwiched between biscuit discs may either showcase a delicate flavor or may taste artificial. What was our experience with these biscuits?
3. Texture and Crunch
Texture of the biscuits and cream are assessed individually. Are the biscuits crisp? Would they pass the dunk test? Does the cream taste smooth and have a melt in the mouth texture?
Any baked food item must be allowed to cool down till room temperature for it to become crisp. Do these biscuits have a crunch?
Cream biscuits are quick and convenient snacks one can serve when guests arrive unannounced. Is uniformity in shape and size maintained? Would these biscuits look appetizing when served?
Cremica Cremes Biscuits Flavours – Detailed Review
|Cremica Cremes Biscuits Flavors||Vanilla||Strawberry|
|Price||Rs 25||Rs 25|
|Main Ingredients||Refined Wheat Flour, Sugar, Edible Vegetable Oil (Palm), Invert Syrup, Glucose Syrup, Milk Solids, Dextrose, Malt Extract, Cocoa Solids (2.68%), Raising Agents, Edible Common Salt, Added Flavors- Chocolate and Milk||Refined Wheat Flour, Sugar, Edible Vegetable Oil (Palm), Invert Syrup, Glucose Syrup, Milk Solids, Dextrose, Malt Extract, Strawberry Juice Powder (0.12%), Raising Agents, Edible Common Salt, Added Flavors- Strawberry, Milk, and Vanilla|
|Calories||480 Kcal||481 Kcal|
|Shelf Life||Nine months||Nine months|
Inside a vibrant-colored wrapper, a tray holds 10 pieces of these cream biscuits. Despite being vertically stacked in a tray, many of these biscuits were either completely broken into large pieces or had brittle, cracked edges. Visually, this was very disappointing. The biscuit discs have a light beige appearance with a decent quantity of the milky white cream filling. On the unbroken pieces, we saw ‘cookies cream’ embossed on the discs.
Upon opening the pack, we noticed an inviting vanilla aroma. Now coming to the taste, these biscuits are absolutely delish! Since the layer of cream covers the entire biscuit base, you can taste the vanilla cream in each bite. Thumbs up for this! The cream holds a lovely vanilla flavor which is satisfactorily sweet. The biscuit on the other hand, isn’t as sweet but has a rich, buttery mouthfeel.
In terms of texture, as mentioned above, the biscuits are very crumbly, so much so that most of them were broken. These have a surprisingly pleasing buttery mouthfeel. They aren’t oily or heavy.
- A 150-gram pack is priced at Rs 25.
- This has a shelf life of nine months.
- Main Ingredients – Refined Wheat Flour, Sugar, Edible Vegetable Oil (Palm), Invert Syrup, Glucose Syrup, Milk Solids, Dextrose, Malt Extract, Cocoa Solids (2.68%), Raising Agents, Edible Common Salt, Added Flavors- Chocolate and Milk
- Calories- 480 Kcal/100 grams
- Quantity of cream is appreciable.
- The aroma and taste of vanilla are portrayed quite well.
- The biscuits have a lovely buttery smoothness.
- These are quite economical.
- The broken biscuits and crumbly edges negatively impacted our experience.
Best Suited For
Sweet and vanilla-y, if this got you drooling, you’ll definitely like these biscuits.
The packaging and appearance are similar to the first variant we reviewed. Most biscuits were broken. That said, the pastel pink cream filling looked tempting.
Just like Vanilla, the Strawberry biscuits too had a light beige appearance. We got a sweet, berry-like aroma that wasn’t the least bit synthetic! This is definitely marginally less sweet as compared to vanilla but we aren’t complaining. Strawberries have a naturally sweet and sour flavor which reflected beautifully seen in these biscuits. The ingredient list mentions the addition of strawberry juice powder. Like the first variant, these had a rich buttery mouthfeel with the fullness of strawberry-flavored cream throughout.
- Net quantity, price, and shelf life are the same as above.
- One pack holds 10 pieces.
- Main Ingredients-Refined Wheat Flour, Sugar, Edible Vegetable Oil (Palm), Invert Syrup, Glucose Syrup, Milk Solids, Dextrose, Malt Extract, Strawberry Juice Powder (0.12%), Raising Agents, Edible Common Salt, Added Flavors- Strawberry, Milk, and Vanilla
- Calories- 481 Kcal
- The quantity of cream is up to the mark.
- Its taste and aroma are sublime.
- The biscuits taste buttery, not greasy.
- Though the biscuits weren’t broken in chunks, the edges were cracked and crumbly.
Best Suited For
If you prefer your biscuits subtly sweet and love strawberries, these might be a good pick for you.
Our Top Picks & Recommendations
Of the two variants we tried, we liked Mrs. Bector’s Cremica Creme Strawberry biscuits better. A fresh aroma with an almost natural taste, these biscuits have a buttery bite and are aptly sweetened.
That said, taste-wise the Vanilla variant wasn’t bad either. The fact that those were broken even further reduced the overall experience.
Mrs. Bector’s Cremica Creme biscuits are a hit on taste and the buttery mouthfeel! We loved how satisfactorily the cream was added. This ensured the entire biscuit disc was covered and no bite felt flavorless. The buttery biscuits paired well with the smooth vanilla cream and the natural-tasting strawberry cream.
Have you tried dunking cream biscuits in your cup of tea/coffee?
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Cremica cremes biscuits
1. Are these cream biscuits healthy to consume?
The consumption of packaged snacks should be monitored/limited.
2. Can these biscuits be paired with tea or coffee?
Yes, definitely. We think the Vanilla variant would go well with coffee.
3. How many biscuits are there in total in one pack?
A 150-gram pack holds 10 pieces.
4. Do these biscuits contain preservatives?
Yes, INS 223 is a European Union-approved food preservative that keeps bacteria out of packaged food, preventing rotting.
More Biscuits We Reviewed
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.