Muesli Recipe: A Perfect Start For Your Day
The healthy concentration of carbohydrates present in Muesli makes it a perfect breakfast meal, as it can give you an energized start for your day. Let’s look at this perfect, and easy recipe for preparing a tasty bowl of muesli.
Considered to be a great choice for the start of your day, Muesli is a mixture of nuts, oats, grains, and dried fruits, which is associated with a lot of benefits regarding our internal bodily functions. Muesli can also serve as an ideally balanced breakfast and, when consumed responsibly, can also help in maintaining body weight. The high concentration of carbohydrates present in Muesli makes it a perfect breakfast meal,Backend Editor as it can give you an energized start for your day.
Why Not Buy Muesli From The Market?
Muesli, being a mixture of different antioxidant-rich items, can have a variable nutritional value based on the volume of the ingredients mixed. Hence, if you want to control the nutritional value of your breakfast bowl of Muesli, then preparing it at home from scratch can be a better choice rather than buying packaged muesli.
The recipe for making a perfect cup of Muesli is as easy as it sounds. Just follow the steps listed below for a satisfying bowl of an antioxidant-rich meal. And as for the different types of Mueslis, we are suggesting two different kinds of recipes – Regular Muesli, and Bircher Muesli.
Bircher Muesli, named after the Swiss nutritionist Maximilian Bircher-Benner, Bircher Muesli, unlike regular Muesli, is traditionally served with yogurt, and was used as a dietary supplement for patients.
Recipe For A Healthy Bowl Of Muesli
Ingredients needed for the preparation of a bowl of muesli are:
- ½ cup of oats
- A handful of seeds (pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds etc.)
- A handful of dried fruits (based on your need)
- ½ cup of milk (cold or hot)
- The first step involved in the recipe for a perfect bowl of muesli is to bake the oats until they are crisp.
- The next step is to mix the handful of seeds and dried fruits with the toasted oats.
- Serve the mixture with cold milk, or even hot milk would do.
Recipe For A Regular Bowl Of Bircher Muesli
Ingredients needed for the preparation of a bowl of Bircher muesli are:
- ½ cup of oats
- Fruits (apple or banana)
- A handful of seeds and nuts
- ½ cup of yogurt
- The first step includes soaking the oats overnight so that it results in a creamier texture when consumed.
- The next step involves the mixing of the handful of seeds and nuts with the soaked oats.
- This mixture of different ingredients is then added to a ½ cup of yogurt and stirred well.
- Finally, after topping it with the desired fruit, the dish is ready to be served.
The recipe for the preparation of a satisfying bowl of Muesli might be simple, but it is also important for the portions of the individual ingredient of the mixture to be in a perfect balance with each other.
But, no matter what type of Muesli you end up making, it will most definitely be a satisfying and energizing meal, which would be a perfect start for your day.