Nescafe Latte Coffee Cup Review: Rich, Creamy & Aromatic
Sweet or strong? Milky or creamy? Is Nescafe Latte a quality product that we recommend?
A rich shot of espresso blended with steamed milk and topped with an airy layer of foamed milk, lattes are loved for the creaminess. The layer of foam (baristas call it ‘microfoam’) adds to this richness.
The perfect shot of espresso, milk, and the foamy layer- wouldn’t this require multiple tools and appliances? Or a trip to your local coffee shop?
To find an answer to this, we ordered the Latte cup by Nescafe. In our Nescafe Latte coffee cup review, you’ll find everything you need to know from taste and consistency to whether or not this is something you should try.
Related Reading- Nescafe Gold Blend is heavenly!
Nescafe Latte Coffee Cup – Everything You Need To Know
Packaging, accessories included, the caffeine content of Nescafe Latte coffee cup are all discussed in this section.
Inside the sturdy paper cup, you get a premix sachet (25 grams), and a stirrer. The contents are sealed with a re-closable lid.
2. Main Ingredients
The main ingredients as listed are – Milk and Sugar Blend Mix (Milk Solids (56%), and Sugar), Sugar and Soluble Coffee Powder (6%).
Too sweet or balanced? Could we taste the coffee or did it feel too milky?
If yes, did the coffee taste strong?
Is the flavor well-balanced or did we need to add additional ingredients from our pantry? How intense was the coffee flavor?
Coffee has an intense, nutty aroma that envelopes the room when mixed with milk or water. How does this coffee smel?
A cup of latte has 1/3rd parts espresso and 2/3rd parts milk. Naturally, your cup of latte should have more structure and richness as compared to a cappuccino.
Our experience here was…
7. Nutritional Value
Per serve (25 grams), this coffee offers 83 Kcal with 13.3 grams of carbohydrates (of which 11.5 grams is sugar), 3.6 grams of protein, and 1.7 grams of fat.
One cup (including the 25-gram sachet) is priced at Rs 25.
9. Shelf Life
This has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture.
Nescafe Latte Coffee Cup – Detailed Review
|Nescafe Latte||Product Details|
|Net Quantity||25 grams|
|Main Ingredients||Milk and Sugar Blend Mix (Milk Solids (56%), and Sugar), Sugar and Soluble Coffee Powder (6%)|
|Calories||83 Kcal/25 grams|
The cup and lid are sealed. Inside there’s a sachet and a stirrer and this lid can be closed again.
We whiffed the dry premix to find that it resembled the aroma of a homemade cup of coffee (more milk than coffee and some sugar) Visually, the powder had a light beige appearance.
We used one of our best-rated products from 2021- Havells Vetro Digi Electric Kettle to start the tasting process. A mark is provided on the cup’s exterior surface. This indicates the amount of water you need to add. We emptied the sachet, added water, and stirred it all together. The premix blended seamlessly into the water, there were no lumps formed. Thumbs up!
Once ready, the aroma was more milky than nutty (or that of coffee) To put it into numbers, the aroma was 65% milky and 35% coffee.
Lattes have a thin layer of foam at the top but this was not the case here. The consistency was even throughout but no separate layer of foam was observed.
This product is marketed with the ‘makes 1 creamy cup’ claim. However, the taste and consistency were more milky than creamy. This isn’t a strong, bold cup of coffee, it is more on the sweeter side.
- This holds 25 grams of the premix.
- It has a shelf life of 12 months from the date of manufacture.
- Main Ingredients- Milk and Sugar Blend Mix (Milk Solids (56%), and Sugar), Sugar and Soluble Coffee Powder (6%)
- The convenient packaging is appreciated.
- This product does match the textbook definition of a latte.
- The premix blends in seamlessly.
- This showcases a decent taste looking at the price.
- The ‘creamy cup’ claim is not delivered too well.
- The coffee intensity isn’t too high.
Best Suited For
If you’re someone that prefers their coffee milky and sweet and not too strong, Nescafe Latte is something you’d enjoy sipping on.
The travel-friendly packaging would be ideal for those traveling or those who do not have access to a running kitchen.
Related Reading: Types Of Coffee At A Cafe | 11 Great Choices For Every Coffee Lover
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Nescafe latte coffee cup.
1. Is the coffee cup made of plastic?
No, the cup is made of paper.
2. How to store this coffee after unpacking?
You must store this in a cool and dry place.
3. What is the manufacturing date of this coffee?
Our cup was manufactured in April 2021.
4. What is the price of one coffee cup?
A single cup of Nescafe coffee is priced at Rs 25/-.
The coffee aficionados of our Team prefer their cups strong and intense and weren’t head over heels crazy for the Nescafe Latte. Overall, it is a decent product if you’re looking for a quick fix or need something on the go. If milky, sweet coffee is your choice, this will be a good buy.
A low-calorie espresso or a fancy frappuccino, what’s your go-to coffee order?
Coffee Lovers, This Is Paradise!
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.