Patanjali Butter Review
Patanjali butter has a clean ingredient list and is made using sendha namak.
Not only is fat used as a cooking medium, but it is added to enhance and uplift the flavor of a dish. The distinct aroma and flavor that clarified butter (ghee) imparts through a tadka to a dish, the nuttiness of sesame oil and peanut butter, and the richness a salted table butter provides to your morning toast. Butter is an everyday staple that all homes tend to stock up on. We reviewed the Patanjali Butter to see if it’s tasty, and does it make our everyday toast tastier? Here is our quick review of Patanjali Butter.
Patanjali Butter lacks the saltiness and butteriness we expect out of a table butter.
Patanjali Butter Rate (MRP) – Rs 225/-*
Net weight – 500 grams
*Price at the time of review
*As per information on the pack
- No added color.
- Made from cow milk.
- Made using sendha namak.
- Best before 12 months from date of manufacture.
Milk solids, Edible common salt (Sendha namak)
Our review – While a lot of people do use salted butter for cooking and baking, the main use of any table butter is to be used on top of hot toasts, pancakes, waffles, and paranthas. We tried Patanjali Butter with a hot toast. We toasted a slice of bread in the Bajaj Toaster (Our Top Pick from our review earlier) and spread the butter on top. This also helped us gauge the spreadability of butter.
When we tasted the butter, we found the butter to be lacking in saltiness. It is because instead of common salt, Patanjali butter uses sendha namak. Sendha namak is lower in sodium content in comparison to common salt. Not only that but the richness that is found in a standard table butter was also missing.
Butter imparts a flavor that uplifts the dish instantly and makes the other ingredients shine. Sadly, Patanjali Butter doesn’t do that. More flavorful salted butters do exist in the market within a similar price range. Patanjali Butter lacks the savory butteriness we expect out of a regular table butter.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.