RINE 14g Vegetarian Protein Bar Review
Looking for a vegetarian protein bar? The Rine 14gm Protein Bar is your answer!
According to DRI (Dietary Reference Intake), an average male with a sedentary lifestyle needs 56 grams of protein daily, while 46 grams of protein is needed by a woman with a sedentary lifestyle. Most people, especially Indian vegetarians, can lag behind in fulfilling their daily protein intake. This is where protein bars can help, especially for those who engage in heavy workouts.
In fact, protein bars have become a necessary snack for those who exercise regularly and more so when weight training is involved. Over time we have reviewed a lot of energy bars and protein-rich products. This time we decided to review a relatively new entrant in category of protien bars. Rine 14g Protein Bars are available in four flavors – mighty chocolate, peanut butter, strawberry and blueberry. We tried the Mighty Chocolate flavor and here is our #FirstImpression.
What You Need To Know About Rine 14g Protein Bars
*As per information on the pack
- These are vegetarian bars.
- No additives. GMO-free.
- 1 bar (50 grams) has 240 calories.
- Must be consumed within 24 hours of opening the wrapper.
- Allergen disclaimer: These are manufactured in a facility that also processes wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, soy, and dairy products.
- With every purchase of this box, one bar is donated to an underprivileged child.
#FirstImpression Of Rine 14g Protein Bars
Price and packaging – A box of Rine 14g Protein Bars (Mighty Chocolate) is priced at Rs 420/-. This 300-gram box contains 6 protein bars, each weighing 50 grams that are individually wrapped.
List of ingredients – These bars include honey, protein blend (whey protein concentrate, pea protein concentrate), soya crispies, cocoa, hazelnuts, jaggery, watermelon seeds, dates, rock salt, natural vanilla extract, natural rosemary extract.
Appearance – The Rine Protein Bars look appetizing and chunky. At first glance, they don’t seem dry or something that would be hard to eat and swallow. When you touch the bar, there is a mild greasiness, perhaps from the cocoa butter.
Taste and texture – The pack mentions that these bars have honey, jaggery, and dates. Even though all these ingredients add sweetness, this bar’s sweetness levels are extremely balanced. The protein bar is delicious and chewy. Packed together densely with a lot of binding ingredients, the bar is not dry and crumbly. The chocolate flavor in the bar is gratifying, it’s not too sweet, and goes well with the seeds, nuts, and crispies added. With each bite we took, we could feel the different textures. Some bites had the crispiness coming from the soya crispies while some had a crunchy nutty element from the hazelnuts.
The Rine Protein Bar is a filling snack option. After we ate the bar, we did not feel like eating anything for several hours. This is a 100% vegetarian product. This would be perfect for active vegetarians who are looking to increase their daily protein intake.
We loved how uncomplicated the flavors of the bar were. These bars are not trying to be something other than what is claimed. There are no preservatives or additives which is a big plus. This is a simple protein bar with clean and fresh flavors that can even be had as a pre-workout snack.
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.