Sprig Real Cinnamon Imbued Honey Review
Sprig’s Cinnamon Imbued Honey has a sweet, woody flavor. It is perfect for your green tea, kehwas, and pancakes.
Honey and cinnamon are two powerful natural ingredients packed with multiple health benefits. Combine them together and you have an even more potent mix.
Sprig specializes in gourmet food products including sauces, spices, tea, and honey. Earlier, we reviewed the Sprig Ginger Imbued Honey and loved it for its fresh, robust ginger flavor.
We tried and tested the Sprig Cinnamon Honey for over 2 weeks in our test kitchen. Our Sprig Cinnamon Honey review discusses the color, clarity, taste, and aroma. Here is what you need to know.
Sprig Real Cinnamon Imbued Honey – Everything You Need To Know
Cinnamon can broadly be labeled into two types – Ceylon cinnamon and Cassia cinnamon. Ceylon cinnamon possesses greater health benefits in comparison to the cassia variety. Which variety of cinnamon does Spirg Honey use? Let’s have a look at the ingredients, taste, color, consistency, and aroma of Sprig Cinnamon Honey.
As per the pack, Sprig uses True Srilankan Cinnamon for its honey. Honey and cinnamon are combined together using a special maturation process.
The ingredients mentioned on the pack are – Honey, Cinnamon (0.26%).
Cinnamon has a distinctly sweet, woody fragrance. As soon as we opened the jar, we got a strong, fresh cinnamon aroma. It wasn’t overpowering but amalgamated with the honey aroma beautifully.
3. Colour and clarity
The color of honey has nothing to do with the purity of honey. The color of honey can vary from colorless to a dark shade of amber. The source of pollen used by the bees to make honey is a determining factor in the color of honey.
Sprig’s Cinnamon Honey is clear. There are no small particles of cinnamon floating around. The honey has a luscious golden color.
A spice that can be used in both desserts and rich curries, cinnamon has a complex flavor profile. The cinnamon honey by Sprig has lovely sweet yet spicy notes that go brilliantly well with honey.
Cinnamon when used excessively can disturb the flavor of the overall dish/product. Thankfully, that is not the case here. The flavor of cinnamon in the honey balanced perfectly. It is neither subtle nor too overpowering.
5. Price and packaging
Sprig’s Cinnamon Honey comes in a glass jar. The black label looks very premium. A 325-gram jar of this Sprig cinnamon honey is priced at Rs 299/-.
6. Nutritional Information
As per information provided on the pack, Sprig Cinnamon Honey provides 320.1 Kcal of energy, 0.9 gm protein, and 74.9-gram sugars.
Sprig’s honey is made using True Srilankan Cinnamon.
Know Benefits of Honey to include honey in our Lifestyle
Sprig Real Cinnamon Imbued Honey – Detailed Review
|Sprig Cinnamon Honey||Product Information|
|Net weight||325 gm|
|Main ingredients||Honey, Cinnamon (0.26%)|
|Shelf life||24 months|
|Calories||320.1 Kcal (per 100 gm)|
|Availability||Online and offline|
For our Sprig cinnamon honey review, we tried the product in our test kitchen for over 2 weeks. We used it in our daily green tea, with warm water, and over some pancakes.
The flavor and aroma of cinnamon are unmissable! A delicate combination of honey and cinnamon, Sprig’s Cinnamon Imbed Honey tastes lovely with your daily green tea. When drizzled over a stack of homemade pancakes, this adds a wonderful layer of flavor that you do not get from a regular pancake syrup.
The smooth, rich blend of cinnamon and honey is exquisite.
- Sprig Cinnamon Honey is priced at 299/- for 325 gm.
- Shelf life – 24 months from date of manufacture.
- Mix well before use.
- It provides 320.1 Kcal per 100 gm.
- Do not refrigerate as honey tends to crystallize.
- We loved the clear, beautifully golden honey.
- The aroma of cinnamon in the honey is lovely.
- The honey has a delicate flavor of cinnamon which isn’t overpowering at all.
- Tastes great with green tea and warm water.
- The flavor of cinnamon tastes good when served with pancakes or other homemade desserts.
Best Suited For
People who are looking for delicately flavored honey for their green teas or warm water and honey drink will like this. Cinnamon lovers will also relish this on top of multiple desserts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Sprig real cinnamon imbued honey.
1. Does Sprig Real Cinnamon Imbued Honey need refrigeration?
No. Honey should never be refrigerated as it accelerates the crystallization process.
2. What is the shelf life of Sprig Cinnamon Honey?
Sprig’s Cinnamon Honey has a shelf life of 24 months from the date of manufacturing.
3. What is the price of Sprig Real Cinnamon Imbued Honey?
A 325 gm jar of Sprig Real Cinnamon imbued honey is priced at Rs 299/-.
4. Which type of cinnamon is used in Sprig honey?
As per information on the pack, Sprig honey uses cinnamon sourced from Srilanka.
5. What are the benefits of Sprig Real cinnamon imbued honey?
Infused with cinnamon, Sprig’s honey aids in weight loss and boosts immunity. It is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients.
Final Verdict – Sprig Cinnamon Honey Review
Do we recommend Sprig’s Cinnamon Honey? Yes! People who like the flavor of cinnamon would love this product. The aroma and flavor are balanced perfectly. Add this honey to your green tea, kehwa, waffles, and pancakes.
Have you tried Sprig Cinnamon Honey before? If yes, did you like the combined flavor of honey and cinnamon? Let us know in the comment section below.
Related Reviews & Articles - Sprig Cinnamon Honey
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.