Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes Review – Strawberry & Butterscotch Flavor
Weikfield’s Freeze Ice Cream Mixes offer the convenience to make ice cream at home without an ice cream machine. But, are they tasty? We tested two flavors.
When it comes to ice creams, we all have our personal favorite. From chocolate ice cream to vanilla ice cream, the list goes endless. But what if you can prepare your favorite ice cream from the comfort of your home and that too without a tedious ingredient list and an ice cream machine?
Over the years, many brands have come up with easy to prepare ice cream mixes that have been known to provide convenience. Team Mishry conducted a taste test of the Weikfield freeze ice cream Mixes. Weikfield offers four different flavors of the freeze mixes. We opted for the Strawberry and Butterscotch flavours. To know more about our overall experience check out the detailed Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes Review below.
Variants We Tried
Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes – Everything You Need To Know
Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes come in four different flavours – Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla and Butterscotch. We reviewed the Strawberry and Butterscotch variants of the Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes.
Our review comprises different parameters that includes the texture, taste, consistency and other valuable points that will give you a clear idea about the products. It will help you know whether these freeze mixes come close to ice creams we usually relish.
1. Available Quantities
The standard quantity of the Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes is 100 gm.
2. Available Flavours
Weikfield freeze ice cream Mixes come in four different flavours – Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla and Butterscotch.
3. Price Range
The Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes comes at a price range of Rs. 50 for a 100 gm pack.
The Freeze Ice Cream Mixes by Weikfield come in a standard light yellow color box pack. Inside the pack, there is a silver color pouch containing the ice cream mix powder.
Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes – Our Review Factors
For our review of the Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes, we have taken into account multiple factors –
For a better, informed purchase, always make sure to keep a check on the list of ingredients.
The ingredients have a huge impact on the taste and texture of any ice cream mix. The prime ingredients that go into any ice cream include milk, cream, and sugar. An ice cream with a higher content of milk fat has an extremely smooth texture. On the contrary, ice creams having less than 10% milk fat are termed as low-fat ice creams. The inclusion of milk solids is what makes any ice cream differ from a frozen dessert. If an ‘ice cream’ is made using vegetable fat, it is labeled as a frozen dessert.
We checked the list of ingredients to know different aspects – What is the primary ingredient used in the ice cream mix? Does this ice cream mix contain fat? If yes, in which form? Is there presence of milk solids or does it just contain vegetable fat?
We buy packaged food since it can be prepared quickly and for the taste that it delivers. The whole purpose of buying packaged food is of no use if it fails to deliver on taste. We reviewed the two variants of the Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes on how flavorful they turn out post-freezing.
How was the taste of these two variants? Did it feel artificial or had the creaminess of a real ice cream? How dominant is the flavor of strawberry or butterscotch in these two variants?
Any ice cream tastes best if it has a smooth texture and is creamy. Ice cream that lacks this factor will affect the overall experience. How is the texture of this freeze mix? Is it creamy or has it become grainy and icy? This factor will help us get a better idea of how the ice cream tastes post-freezing.
The consistency of an ice cream is another important factor while reviewing the overall experience of ice cream. The consistency determines for how long an ice cream will retain its shape and start to melt. The rate at which any ice cream melts is influenced by the presence of emulsifiers and stabilizers. Did the ice cream melt quickly?
Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mix Flavours – Detailed Review
|Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mix||Price||Net Weight||Main Ingredients||Shelf Life||Nutritional Information (Per 100 gm)|
|Strawberry||INR 50||100 gm||
|Butterscotch||INR 50||100 gm||
We first reviewed the Butterscotch flavor of the Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mix. A 100 gm pack of this Ice cream freeze mix comes at a price of INR 50.
For preparing this butterscotch ice cream we followed the instructions in the exact same way as mentioned on the pack. This butterscotch mix is yellow in color.
On cooking, there was a significant aroma of butterscotch, almost toffee-like. Toffee is basically butterscotch that is cooked for a longer period of time. When the ice cream was set, the aroma of butterscotch seemed very artificial and left us dissapointed.
Taste-wise we were not impressed with the flavor of butterscotch. The sugar levels were high and hence the ice cream felt overly sweet. Though we were able to easily remove scoops of this ice cream, the fact that it was melting fast was a let down.
This was low on visual appeal as well. The texture was not impressive! It had an almost lacy and strand-like texture which reduced the overall experience of the product.
Related reading – Best mango duet ice cream in India
- The price of this 100 gm pack is INR 50.
- It comes with a shelf life of 9 months.
- It contains 401.08 kcal per 100 gm.
- This freeze ice cream mix is labeled as a low fat mix.
- A 100 gm pack can make around 10 scoops of ice cream.
- We liked how the color of this ice cream turned out. This ice cream had a yellow color.
- The ice cream was easy to scoop.
- The ice cream was not icy.
- This butterscotch ice cream melts in no time.
- It is an overly sweet ice cream.
- There were a lot of tiny granules observed when the ice cream melted.
- The flavor of this ice cream seems very artificial.
- This ice cream lacks a rich butterscotch flavor.
2. Strawberry Flavour
The second variant that we reviewed from the range of Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes was the strawberry flavor. We took the 100 gm pack which was priced at Rs. 50.
The ice cream was prepared following the exact same instructions as mentioned on the pack. During the cooking process, the strawberry aroma that was released was not pleasing and it was a lot synthetic.
We observed the following points while the ice cream was set. As the ice cream was set, the first thing that caught our eyes was the color of the strawberry ice cream. It looked delightful and vibrant.
Taste wise, the strawberry flavor is sweet, but when compared to the butterscotch flavor, it seemed a bit lower. The ice cream was easy to scoop out. However, the ice cream had started to melt in no time which disappointed us.
We did not observe any ice crystals which might be due to the presence of glucose syrup solids. As the ice cream started to melt, we observed that there were a lot of tiny granules.
- A 100 gm pack of this mix comes for Rs. 50.
- It is best to consume the product before 9 months.
- You can make around 10 scoops with a 100 gm pack.
- It contains permitted synthetic food color and added flavour (Nature identical flavouring substance-strawberry)
- It comes in a standard yellow color box pack.
- This ice cream has a nice flavor compared to the butterscotch variant.
- The color of this ice cream looks good and is appealing.
- This is easy to scoop out.
- The texture is not icy.
- The ice cream melts quickly. Post-melting we observed the presence of small granules that affected the overall texture and taste.
- This ice cream did not feel creamy and lacked a rich, creamy texture like any ice cream should have.
Our Top Picks & Recommendations
The two variants that we reviewed from the Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes, we found the strawberry flavor to have a better taste compared to the butterscotch flavor. Appearance wise both the flavours looked good.
However, when it came to the texture, none of the flavors impressed us. Both of them were over-sweetened and lacked freshness.
Any packaged ice cream mix is a hit if it provides an easy cooking experience and tastes rich and creamy at the same time.
Related reading – Best ice cream sandwiches in India
We reviewed the two variants of the Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes – Strawberry and Butterscotch. The overall experience of testing these two variants did not turn out to be great.
Both the variants were too sweet, melted quickly and had an unappealing texture. Though we loved the vibrant color of these ice creams turned our post freezing.
Have you tried the Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes yet? If yes, was your experience similar to ours? Let us know in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some interesting FAQs on Weikfield Freeze Ice Cream Mixes.
1. How to prepare these mixes properly?
These Ice cream freeze mixes come with the instructions mentioned on the pack. To get the best results, it is ideal to follow the instructions as stated.
2. Do these mixes contain preservatives?
Yes, these mixes contain preservatives. Maltodextrin and Dextrose are a few of the preservatives used.
3. Are these mixes sugar free?
No, these ice cream mixes contain sugar. In addition to sugar, it contains glucose syrup solids that are used as a sweetener in packaged foods.
4. How to store the mixes after unpacking?
Once you have opened these freeze mixes, make sure to store and keep them in any cool place preferably freezer or refrigerator.
5. Are these ice cream mixes suitable for diabetic patients?
This Ice Cream Freeze Mixes contain sugar and glucose syrup solids. Hence, it is advisable for diabetic patients to consult their physician.
More Related Reviews
* If you do agree with our review, please give it a thumbs up! And, tell us which one is your favorite from this list. If you don’t, please tell us why!
* Food & Beverage is a constantly evolving segment with new products launched daily. Our endeavor here is to help shoppers buy better. If there’s a product you would like us to review tell us by clicking here.
* Our reviews are unbiased and all samples used during the reviews were paid for by us. Read our entire ethics statement here.
* No part of this review is sponsored by any brand. All expenses were borne by us.