Discover The Best Muesli Brands | Healthy Muesli Brands (Dec 2022)
Breakfast is one of the key meals of the day. And muesli is one of the most popular breakfast foods across the globe. Find out about some of the healthiest brands available
One of the most popular breakfast foods across the world, thanks to the presence of dietary fiber, protein, and antioxidants, the muesli is a dried mix of grains, nuts, fruits, and seeds. And it can be eaten in different ways. No wonder that the market is flooded with different kinds of muesli, including some very exotic flavors.
Summary Table: Best Muesli Brands In India
Below is the table of best muesli brands available in India.
|Serial no.||Product Name||Buy Now On Amazon|
|1.||Nourish Organics||Check price here|
|2.||Yoga Bar Muesli||Check price here|
|3.||Monsoon Harvest||Check price here|
|4.||True Elements||Check price here|
|5.||Urban Platter||Check price here|
|6.||Bagrry’s muesli||Check price here|
|7.||Kellogg’s Muesli||Check price here|
|8.||Soulfull muesli||Check price here|
|9.||Zerobeli muesli||Check price here|
|10.||The Bread Company||–|
|11.||Gaia muesli||Check price here|
Best Muesli Brands In India
No doubt, muesli is a healthier breakfast option in comparison to other sugar filled breakfast cereals. But do these posh-looking boxes actually contain the healthy food they promise? Let’s get familiar with some of the healthiest muesli brands.
1. Nourish Organics
Nourish Organics is one of the best organic muesli brands available in the market today. It contains essential vitamins and minerals with zero trans fats and zero cholesterol. It also has organic amaranth with organic nuts, seeds, and honey. The tiny seeds of amaranth play a big role in making it a nutritious meal. Nourish Organics’ muesli has 25% of amaranth with 45% of nuts and seeds, which makes it crunchier and sweeter. Nourish Organics muesli provides 462 calories with 30 grams of sugar. It’s available in eight varieties and comes in a very artsy packaging. With the natural flavors of cinnamon and vanilla, it satisfies the sweet tooth and it’s one of the best muesli brands for weight loss. Soak it overnight in milk and garnish with your favorite fruits in the morning to have a whole new experience. The cost of 300 grams muesli is Rs 270.
- It has no artificial flavors, no chemical processing, no preservatives, and no refined sugar.
- 11 grams of fiber and protein in 100 grams of muesli.
- Make it a healthy breakfast without compromising on texture and taste.
2. Yoga Bar
As the name suggests, the Yoga Bar Muesli is somehow different from other muesli brands. These come in attractive packaging and contain the goodness of quinoa and brown rice with oats, seeds, nuts, and honey. Already popular for their Yoga protein bars, the muesli contains 50% whole grains with 22% dried fruit, and it provides 193 calories and has no added sugar.
- A 100-gram pack of the Yoga Bar muesli has 6 grams protein and only 2.1% of sugar.
- It offers unique flavors including almonds and quinoa crunch, dark chocolate and cranberry, and turmeric and ginger.
- It’s also gluten-free.
- The Yoga Bar tastes great with hot or cold milk, flavored or plain yogurt, curd.
3. Monsoon Harvest
Monsoon Harvest is yet another brand you can safely introduce in your diet. It has zero soy, zero wheat, and zero corn. Handcrafted in small batches to maintain quality, this box of muesli contains 55% rolled oats with a low GI Index. The zippered and resealable standing pouch is a great choice for breakfast-on-the-go as it prevents spillage while on the move and keeps moisture out. Packed with carbohydrates, protein, and dietary fiber, it enjoys the status of being a superfood.
- Monsoon harvest muesli provides 11.10 grams of protein, 4.19 grams of fiber with low sugar of 2.15 grams in 100 grams of muesli.
- Monsoon harvest has unique and delicious flavors of toasted millet.
- The shelf life of a box of this muesli is 9 months and costs Rs 700 per kg.
Also Read: 12 Health Benefits Of Eating Muesli Everyday
4. True Elements
True Elements really does live up to its name. Another brand of organic muesli found in the market, it has whole natural grains such as wheat flakes, jowar flakes, rolled oats with flax and pumpkin seeds. It contains 11.8 grams of protein and 14.97 grams of fiber and that too without artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives.
- True Elements muesli comes provides 66.04 carbohydrates with only 8.4 grams of sugar.
- Apart from its plain variant, the fiber-rich cranberry and blueberry muesli is ideal for those who like berries.
- A 1-kg box of this muesli will cost you Rs 450.
5. Urban Platter
A bowl of crunchy muesli by Urban Platter is 100% natural and free of preservatives. It contains rolled oats, quinoa flakes, coconut flakes with brown rice syrup, rice bran oil, jaggery, and rosemary extracts. One cup or 30 grams of muesli provides 179 calories with 3.8 grams of fiber and 4.8 grams of protein. Urban Platter muesli has 24.8 grams of carbohydrates that include 4.7 grams of sugar.
- This breakfast food contains zero sodium which makes it a good option for heart and diabetic patients.
- You need to soak it overnight or at least for 30 minutes for enjoying the traditional Swiss-style muesli.
- A 500-gram jar costs Rs 425.
Also Read: Mishry Reviews: Urban Platter Jaggery Chana
Bagrry’s muesli is a delicious crunchy treat that contains the goodness of British oats, golden wheat flakes, fruits, and nuts. It has more than 40% oats which makes it high in protein and fiber with no added sugar. A 100-gram pack of Bagrry’s muesli provides 399 calories, 9.1 grams of protein, and 13.5 grams of fiber. It contains 77.2 grams of carbohydrates and includes only 6.5 grams of sugar.
- This healthy option contains the goodness of honey.
- This brand offers plenty of irresistible flavors such as almond, raisin and honey, fruits, and nuts with cranberries, fruit, and fiber, and Choco Delight.
- Apart from eating it with milk or curd, it can also be enjoyed as a snack.
- A box of 1-kg muesli costs Rs 575.
Kellogg’s Muesli is a perfect blend of multi-grains such as wheat, corn, barley, rice and oats, and comes with dry fruits and nuts. It’s rich in fiber, protein, vitamin C, vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, folate, and iron, and has zero cholesterol. It has 30.1 grams of carbohydrates that includes 3.5 grams of sugar.
- A 40-gram serving of this muesli provides 186 calories and 2.4 grams of fiber.
- It’s available in variants such as Fruit Magic, Nut Delight, Crunchy Fruits, and Nuts, and has no added sugar.
- One kg of Kellogg’s Muesli will cost you Rs 653.
Soulfull muesli is a nutrient-rich food that contains all-natural ingredients including multi-grains, honey, raisins, and almonds. It’s also free of transfat artificial flavors and preservatives. Here, honey is used instead of sugar, making it a decent choice for those with diabetes. It has high fiber and iron due to the high content of rolled oats, whole wheat flakes, and ragi.
- One-hundred grams of Soullfull muesli provides 373 calories with high dietary fiber of 9.3 grams.
- It has 77.8 grams of carbohydrates which includes 4.5 grams of sugar.
- You can grab a packet of 400 grams at Rs 275.
Zerobeli muesli comes in colorful packaging and is an ideal blend of whole grains with the goodness of fruits, raisins, and almonds. Its high fiber content keeps you satiated for a long time. It’s also a good source of protein and has less sugar. Zerobeli muesli tastes well with either curd or milk.
- A 100-grams of this muesli provides 437 calories with 13.96 grams of protein.
- It contains 68.4 grams of carbohydrates that include only 3.35 grams of sugar.
10. The Bread Company
The Apple Pie muesli from The Bread Company can be considered as one of the good muesli brands. It does not contain refined flour and sugars, preservatives, or chemicals, and its whole natural ingredients stimulate your energy and boost metabolism. The sweetness of muesli comes from the 36% fresh apples that go into the making of the muesli. This particular variant has 37% oats with sunflower oil, almonds, raisins, dried apples, Sunflower seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, chia seeds, and rosemary extracts.
It provides 232 calories with 2.39 grams of protein and only 2.98 grams of sugar in a 50-gram serving.
- The shelf life of the apple Pie muesli is 6 months and it costs Rs 295 for 300 grams.
Gaia muesli can be considered as part of the superfood family and is rich in fiber, protein, and iron. It has the goodness of all-natural ingredients such as rolled oats, healthy dried fruit, and nuts with the sweetness of honey. It has 74.73 grams of carbohydrates with 9.01 grams of sugar.
- A 100-gram serving of Gaia muesli gives 401 calories with zero cholesterol.
- It comes in different variants like fruit and nut, nutty delight, real fruit, and amaranth zero cholesterol.
- A 1-kg box of Gaia muesli is priced at Rs 295.
How To Choose A Muesli Brand?
Ask yourself a few questions before buying a good muesli.
- How much is the sugar content?
- Are there any unnecessary carbs?
- Which is the type of fat used? Is the fat content due to the nuts and seeds or some oil is added? Is that considered healthy?
- Does it have healthy fats?
- How much is the fiber and protein content?
The writing is not always on the box. Catching taglines of labels such as ‘no added sugar’, ‘fiber-rich’ or ‘ high protein’ does not make muesli trustworthy. Unfortunately, most muesli brands don’t disclose all the ingredients in their products. And be it toasted premium muesli or the plain one, 100 grams of ideal muesli should contain less than 15 grams of sugar, less than 10 grams of total fat that should include not more than 2 grams of saturated fat and more than 6 grams of fiber.
One should also refrain from buying muesli with hidden sugars such as invert sugar syrup or liquid glucose, artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives no matter how popular the brand is among people. And this is why we’ve put together a list of top brands that actually do deliver on their promise of being healthy. Here are some healthy muesli brands in India-
Different Ways To Eat Muesli
- Cold Milk – The easiest and most common way to consume muesli is with cold milk. Just eat it like you would eat any other breakfast cereal.
- Hot Milk – If you like your cereal with hot milk, having muesli with hot milk is a good option.
- Yogurt – Turn your muesli into a delectable jar of parfait, with some thick Greek yogurt. Add some extra nuts and seeds to add crunch.
- Add Fruit – Nothing tastes better than muesli and fresh fruit in the morning. Add bananas, apples, kiwi or some pomegranates to amp up the nutrient value of your breakfast bowl.
- With Juice – Dunk your muesli in orange juice or pineapple juice and experience a bomb of flavors.
- In a Smoothie – Add a fistful of muesli in a blender with bananas, milk or yogurt and peanut butter for a delicious smoothie.
- Energy Bar – Turn your muesli into a delicious and healthy energy bar with added good-for-you fats, jaggery and some peanut butter.
- As Porridge – Soak the muesli in milk and let it simmer on slow flame for 5-10 minutes. A yummy porridge ready in minutes with some muesli.
- Right out of the box – Yes, you can have muesli right out of the box too!
So, what’s stopping you?
What’s the difference between granola and muesli?
From their method of preparation to their differing sets of nutritional value, learn more about what it is that make muesli and granola different from each other.
Packed with essential nutrients, antioxidants, and protein and fiber, muesli does make for an ideal breakfast, especially when all the goodness comes out of one box. It’s a versatile food and can be enjoyed in different ways but it’s crucial to pick the healthiest one of the lot. You don’t want additives, flavoring agents, and unwanted fats and sugars in your muesli and therefore it is advised to choose the one that’s just right for you, not only for its taste but also for what goes into it.